From Strangers To 'Strangers'

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Well…I’m sorry to say, I don’t kiss on the first date.”

 

Except it was said with none of the playful bantering sarcasm as per before. The tone was slightly off kilter and Jessica looked like she had smelled a stench that didn't quite agree with her stomach.

 

Tiffany was thrown off guard.

 

Something had gone severely haywire from when she had asked to see Jessica's eyes to when they had almost Eskimo kissed just now. Tiffany was still reeling from the effects of falling into the reveries of Jessica’s entrancing eyes, her inability to think properly dashing any hopes of salvaging the rapidly deteriorating situation.

 

Tiffany could only watch in helplessness as Jessica lifted up her hand to ask for the check. The waitress came with the bill and Jessica handed her a credit card, paying for both their meals. In the back of Tiffany’s mind, she subconsciously noted how the blonde had no trouble whatsoever inputting the tip amount and her pin number to confirm the transaction. But the younger girl had yet to snap out of her stupor to be able to do much else.

 

Jessica on the other hand, wanted to go back to where she was most comfortable: wandering the streets. Alone.

 

She inexplicably found herself once again in those dreadful, hopeless two hours in the forest. She was on the brink of the precipice and she needed to take the fall again. She needed to get away from Tiffany who was threatening to take everything away.

 

“Thank-you for your time tonight Tiffany, for indulging in my oddities and quirks. It’s getting rather late and I suspect you should rest up for your next performance. I sincerely hope you the best in your future endeavors,” Jessica said. The blonde may have been thrown out of whack by the younger, but sh

Please log in to read the full chapter