Jessica's Touch

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany walked out of the theatre and found Jessica exactly where she said she would be. The photographer now had the typical white cane in her hands, tapping rhythmically to some song the blonde was humming to herself. Jessica was already turned to face Tiffany as she opened the door to go outside.

 

“Ready?”

 

“Yep. Where are we going?”

 

“One of my favorite restaurants. Do you have a curfew?”

 

“Yah! I’m not a kid. I’m nineteen I’ll have you know!”

 

“Ah my young padawan, still so much to see and learn in life. Patience you must have.”

 

“It’s not like you’re that much older Jessica!”

 

“Twenty-one going on twenty-two. I’ll take care of you,” Jessica said the last part with a singsong voice and a cheeky smile.

 

Tiffany just stared at the woman and shook her head. She suddenly caught herself and was about to somehow express her annoyance in a verbal way so Jessica could hear when she caught herself a second time. Jessica probably heard her shaking her head, right?

 

Jessica laughed at the girl’s indecision.

 

“You’re sentiments were received loud and clear. I’ll stop being a blind ,” the blonde laughed good-naturedly.

 

Then Jessica surprised Tiffany by reached out and feeling for her hand. Tiffany immediately placed her hand in Jessica’s, loving the warmth of the hand in hers. Jessica smiled, and Tiffany was taken aback at how easily the blonde was able to convey emotions so eloquently. Even without the use of one of the body’s most expressive means, Jessica was more than capable of showing how happy she was at being able to hold Tiffany’s hand. Jessica’s loss of sight was hardly a burden to her.

 

Jessica was amazing.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

The two walked down the rain-dampened streets of New York, with Jessica still holding Tiffany’s hand and leading the way.

 

The blind leading the seeing, surely this is a miracle of sorts…

 

They soon entered a rather dim Italian restaurant. It was small and had a very homey feel to it. The hostess had immediately recognized Jessica and ushered them inside. To Tiffany’s surprise, as the hostess led them to their table, she never once turned around to check that Jessica was following close behind. The hostess chatted with Jessica ethusiastically as she walked, flightly hands gesturing animatedly as she asked about how Jessica’s work was going, when the next showcase was going to be, and other such mundane things. Not once did Jessica falter in answering the friendly questions, and she still managed to keep up with the hostess all the way to their table.

 

Tiffany concluded that Jessica knew this place like the back of her hand

Please log in to read the full chapter