Compass Due Nowhere

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany wanted to lean in closer to see deep into the reveries of those entrancing eyes. They looked a little unfocused, staring at Tiffany’s chin rather than into her eyes, but Tiffany could still clearly see the golden flecks that seemed to dance and swirl in ever tightening circles around the onyx irises. It was like she was looking into the universe, and all the little specks were stars and planets and suns and moons…all a billion light-years away. Tiffany almost felt herself falling into Jessica’s eyes and she suddenly realized she was leaning all the way over the table, her face centimeters from Jessica’s.

 

The blonde was breathing a little heavily, having felt Tiffany’s hot breath on her lips. Jessica wanted to pull back, but oddly couldn’t find the strength to do so.

 

Tiffany, finally coming to her senses, had jerked back so fast she almost knocked her own chair over. The young girl took a few calming breaths, trying to get rid of the hot flush in her cheeks. A flush Jessica was oblivious to.

 

Jessica was sitting stone still, trying to figure out what had happened. She could hear Tiffany breathing hard, her breaths deeper with forced slowness. The girl was trying to calm herself. Jessica let out a breath she didn’t know she had been holding.

 

“Well…I’m sorry to say, I don’t kiss on the first date,” Jessica said, trying to sound teasing but failing miserably. It came across flat and deaden

Please log in to read the full chapter