Primpingtons & Snootavelts

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Tonight was the big opening of J. Jung’s showcase, and the Lehmann Maupin Gallery was bustling with some of New York’s most influential; rubbing shoulders and chatting about the next up and coming who’s and what’s while sipping pretentiously on elegant flutes of champagne.

 

Tiffany had never been to such events and she honestly felt out of place. Compared to everyone else, with connections with this big mogul and that major celebrity, she felt barely fit to shine their shoes. Not to mention the fact that everyone else here looked to be at least in their thirties, well-established, well-known, and well-off. She? She was just some small-time ballerina, her only thing on par with these lofty shoulders being what she now believed to be foolish dreams of becoming a prima ballerina assoluta. Plus, she wasn’t even of age to be able to even hold one of those darn champagne flutes in her hand! Talk about being put in one’s place…

 

The young girl had thought long and hard, debating every single possible angle before finally deciding to come check out Jessica’s showcase on opening night. What with how things had ended on a sour note between them, Tiffany wasn’t sure if Jessica even wanted her there in the first place. Then there was the fact that Tiffany knew she probably wouldn’t really fit in. But she honestly hadn’t expected there to be this big of a disparity… That aside, Tiffany had also considered the possibility that she herself was not ready to see Jessica. Because in all seriousness, Tiffany knew that at least some of the blame should fall on the blonde’s shoulder too. She was not the only one at fault for the fall-out. In some ways, Tiffany felt Jessica actually owed her an apology.

 

But would you really insist on it? Really Tiffany Hwang, would you insist on having Jessica ask you for forgiveness.

 

I don’t know…

 

You are not a very convincing liar Tiffany.

 

Do I not have a right to be mad at her?! It wasn’t all my fault! She was rude and impolite, using her blindness as a crutch!

 

Are you honestly mad at her for that?

 

Yes!

 

Are you?

 

Yes…?

 

Really?

 

No…

 

So that was a moot point.

 

Yah!

 

All that aside, once Tiffany had considered the possibility of actually seeing Jessica again everything else had somehow flown out the window of her rambling mind. It seemed the simple prospect of being in the same vicinity as the blonde trumped everything else that was screaming at her and telling her it wasn’t a good idea.

 

Hence why she is now hanging about the prestigious gallery like a badly behaved child in her parent’s fancy-pancy meet-

Please log in to read the full chapter