Cucumber Dip

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Jessica was suddenly aware that there were eyes on her.

 

The eyes felt predatory.

 

And very much male.

 

The blonde turned towards the direction of where the stare of not-so-innocent-intentions was coming from. She distinguished the set of heavy footsteps belonging to the threat and immediately determined that the footsteps were on the move. And they were directed straight towards her.

 

Jessica set her lips into a thin line, glaring into the quickly approaching predator’s direction and giving him what she sure was an icy look that screamed ‘back off’. She was not in the mood for entertaining the suggestive advances of anyone right now, especially not one like this one. Oozing of sleaziness and lust.

 

The blonde heard the door of the gallery, which was to her left, open briefly to admit more people. The closing of the door allowed a gust of wind from the night streets of New York to breeze in, carrying the predator’s scent fleetingly to Jessica’s senses.

 

Jessica froze.

 

Yves Saint Laurent Kouros.

 

She knew that scent. How could she not? The scent disgusted her as much as it’s wearer did.

 

.

 

What the frick is the ten-inch Neanderthal doing here?! The brute was hardly cultured enough to walk through Bobby Joe’s Bangin’ diner much less come to a classy place like this!

 

The man was almost upon her now and Jessica was freaking out. Then she caught another whiff on him, this one stronger and more pungent than before. Jessica physically retched.

 

Oh gawd! What is he doing here with crab cakes and CUCUMBERS?!??? Omigawd-omigawd-omigawd! Kill me now. God please kill me now! I kicked little Robert Hennings in the pee-pee when he tried to steal my round building block in kindergarten! I threw away every bologna sandwich mom made me in grade school! I pretended I didn’t know Gary Meyers was standing in front of me and purposely wacked his shin with my white cane! I STOLE HUBBA BUBBA BUBBLE

Please log in to read the full chapter