Comfort In Darkness

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Santos! Lift her up higher! Hold it! Hold it! And down! Good! Mason! Wider arcs! That’s it! Keeley! A little close to Aarons! Yes more to the right! Hwang! Leg up higher! Higher! That’s great! Great-great-great! And…stop! Fantastic rehearsal company! Now I trust you have all been heeding my orders of last night? Keith, you better not come within a foot of your horrid Axe deodorant, am I clear?”

 

“Yes Director!”

 

“Ok half hour break then we begin again. Company disperse!”

 

“YES DIRECTOR!”

 

Tiffany went to go grab her bottle of water by the back of the stage. She could hear everyone abuzz about the director’s instructions. Most of the girls were teasing Daniel Keith about his excessive use of Axe. The girls had often heard the other guys complaining about how Daniel would run around spraying Axe on them in the change rooms like some immature high school boy.

 

“What?! I thought you ladies loved my scent!”

 

“Hah! Dan! You’re so delusional!”

 

“Seriously Alex, you need to get yourself a new wingman dude.”

 

“Yea man, Dan is harsh cramping your style.”

 

“You guys should just all shut up! For your information, I got myself some nice booty last night.”

 

“Dan you shouldn’t talk so bluntly about stuff like that, we have a minor here.”

 

At this point, most of the dancers in the company glanced at Tiffany. She was the youngest in the dance company and most of the girls acted as over-protective mothers and older sisters. The guys on the other hand, liked to . But when push came to shove, the guys would more than rise to the occasion and protect and shelter her like their own baby sister.

 

“Haha you guys talk about me like I’m three! I may be youngest but I’m no idiot. And Daniel, seriously, that deodorant of yours is doing you no favors. I mean, I can actually bear to be within a meter of you now!”

 

The other dancers laughed at their baby’s jab at the company clown. Daniel merely scrunched up his nose and walked away with a rather dramatic gay flourish.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

Practice

Please log in to read the full chapter