Through the (E)Motions

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunday March 13th 2022

 

Tiffany’s breath hitched and the skin on the back of her hand where Jessica’s lips had brushed delicately over tingled and pulsed.

 

Of all the times they had hung out, had dinner, drank coffee, chatted, held hands and even slept in each others arms…Jessica’s lips had never…ever touched any part of Tiffany’s body.

 

They had come close, but those lips had never alighted onto milk-soft skin.

 

But now that it had…Tiffany felt her world swirl with chaotic anarchy, like the universe was spinning and rearranging itself into some new world order right before her very eyes. She felt like she was imprinting. And by god! Jacob Black can go to hell because that flea-bitten wolf has no idea what he’s talking about.

 

It was messy. It was hectic. It confused her and jarred her senses. It made her want to put her head in between her knees just to keep her head from spinning so fast it would rip right off!

 

But…it wasn’t an unwelcome feeling.

 

Jessica was aware Tiffany had ceased to breathe, her lungs retaining in that one breath of gelato-infused air laying stagnant in the deepest recesses of her chest. And the blonde found she longed to hear that second sweet breath be taken into healthy pink lungs.

 

Jessica quirked her head.

 

“Tiffany?” The blonde ventured, only the slightest quiver present in her voice.

 

Still…that second breath had yet to be partaken of, and Jessica was beginning to fret and worry that she had in fact killed the younger girl.

 

Another lengthy, almost seemingly eternal silence.

 

And then…Jessica heard it…the slightest intake of movement of air between pouted lips. A breath so small butterflies may have fainted from asphyxiation.

 

Then the near silence was rudely shaken awake with the sudden loud clatter of Tiffany’s chair scraping inharmoniously against the tiled flooring. The younger girl’s breathing was now very much unlike before, coming in small rapid little puffs and pants. And Jessica could hear the slight whistle of air that came with a breath pushed between teeth-bitten lips. She reached out and gripped Tiffany’s upper arm firmly, yet gently, sliding her hold down until she found the younger girl’s hands and with slightly trembling fingers, intertwined their hands in an earnest bid to make the girl stay.

 

“Jessica?” There was a waver in that voice was the blonde thought was beautiful, music to her ears.

 

“Yes?” Jessica answered with a tremulous timbre in her own voice.

 

“What…what are you…doing to me? What…are we?” The last two words was barely less than a shy hiccup, with the

Please log in to read the full chapter