Crab Cakes

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Holy mother of Maya Plisetskaya…Jessica made Aubrey look like a porcelain doll of dark twisted perfection…how the hell did she even get that shot?! She’s flying through the freaking air!

 

And since when did Graham look like a young Greek god…goodness…I don’t think I’ve ever used the word ‘princely’ to describe any guy, but Graham could be fit to have the word sticky-noted on his face…

 

 

 

Tiffany continued to marvel at Jessica’s work. It really was quite breathtaking. The unconventional angles, the wonderful somewhat dark and eerie undertones of the shadows, the beautiful capture of sculpted dancer’s arms and legs in full extension at the peak of a movement, the almost teasing contrast between two souls, one marred and riddled with ill-intent, the other tragically burdened with a rather fantastical otherworldly love, it all accumulated in an arresting masterpiece. It roughly grabbed attention with an almost abrupt insolence, the bold riveting lines and shadows infiltrating the deepest parts of your mind and tenaciously refusing to let go. It made you yearn and wish for more.

 

It was simply the most beautiful thing Tiffany had ever seen.

 

But…

 

She couldn’t help but notice that none of the photos were of her. No photos of her from when she danced the part of Odette solely for Jessica. No photos of her from when they had a late dinner together at the cozy Italian restaurant. No trace of her whatsoever.

 

No Tiffany.

 

Tiffany felt a pang from somewhere deep in her chest, a rather aching feeling that reverberated in her depths and swelled like ripples over a mirror-smooth lake. It took Tiffany a few seconds to come to a realization.

 

She was disappointed.

 

Which confused her.

 

 And her confusion then led her to frustration.

 

Why was she disappointed? Tiffany was sure she would be more than uncomfortable having pictures of her displayed for the world to see. Displayed for these pompous self-important people nonetheless. How awkward would it be to be recognized? So why then was she feeling this way? Why was she saddened that Jessica hadn’t used those shots? They ended on bad terms, it should be totally understandable that the blonde decided not to include pictures of a girl who had yelled at her publicly on the night streets of New York in her showcase. Or maybe the shots were bad and Tiffany had turned out ugly in them?

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter