Golightly

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wednesday March 16th 2022

 

Jessica walked slowly down a residential street in Brooklyn, head swiveling about, ears perked, her senses in tuned to everything surrounding her. She tried to find something worth capturing, but…there was nothing. Not a single thing she was drawn to.

 

Her mind drifted back to a certain pink-loving girl, as it often did nowadays.

 

She had meant to take Tiffany on this shoot, but after the younger girl had so blatantly rebuffed her just a few days ago, Jessica had slunk away like a feral animal to her wounds.

 

She didn’t know why she didn’t try to stay the girl and had just watched her storm off like that. She didn’t know why she didn’t say anything at all and just let Tiffany get further away from her. She didn’t even know why she had gone in the first place only to have messed things up more. She had stirred the huge steaming vat of crap and allowed it to boil over, just to stand there wallowing like a pig in in the freaking mess she caused in the first place!

 

God ing dammit!

 

The blonde took a few steps rather absentmindedly, only to jolt and startle herself when she heart a screeching yowl and felt a harsh slash at her shins before taking a rough tumble to the sun-cooked cracked concrete below.

 

“!” the blonde cursed as she braced herself in the fall with her left elbow right to keep from smashing her camera into pieces. She felt the skin of her elbow peel back as she hit the ground. She knew she shouldn’t have just worn a t-shirt today…

 

As she lay there winded, blood trickling from her arm and her knees, she felt a slight soft rumbling and then a disgruntled little ‘meeeorrrrrrwww’ by the side of her head. A scratchy little hooked-tongue her temple and pawed at her blonde locks, tugging them messily out of her bun.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” the photographer grumbled as the reason for her tumble gently grabbed a hold of her head and continued to groom her like some weird little friendly cat-pology.

 

She

Please log in to read the full chapter