Proboscis Monkey

My Mind's Eye
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thursday, April 7th 2022

 

Stacie was on a date.

 

And not a very good one.

 

The guy was some big shot broker on Wall Street and he clearly thought that that was grounds for being the biggest douchebag on the planet. From the moment he had sat down all he was concerned with was flaunting how much he made and how much money passes through his hands a day. And truth be told, Stacie had absolutely no interest. Really, she was just looking for a good night. Some minimal conversation and then a lot more action between the sheets. She had had a stressful week with her stupid interns doing stupid things and having to clean up after them. She was under the pretense that being a surgical resident meant you didn’t have you wipe someone’s anymore after they the bed, figuratively. But clearly that was not the case. Goddamn stupid over-confident interns.

 

Ugh! This guy didn’t even look good. His nose was absolutely massive.

 

Maybe if she squinted harder his nose would not be so distractingly huge…

 

“And I was like, Buddy! Who the hell do you think you are revving your little Audi R8 here on my street? My…”

 

Stacie rolled her eyes and tuned out again. At the rate this was going, she wasn’t even sure she could stomach sleeping with the guy. And that was not good, she needed to let off steam somehow and was usually how she did it. She was gorgeous with an amazing body to boot and she knew it. She knew a lot of guys out there would be willing to just sleep with her with no strings attached. And that was fine by her standards. She didn’t want any strings anywhere near her.

 

Jessica was damaged in her own way, but then so was Stacie herself.

 

She knew a lot of people would dee

Please log in to read the full chapter