Chapter 28

Life After Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***Some sneak peek of not posted scene in this story.

-Chapter 28-

-Update on: 14 July 2014-

1- Yongguk former life.


*1st person POV*
‘Drrriiiiiinnnng Drrriiiiiiiiinnnnngg’
I growled lowly as my digital alarm clock goes off, basically jumping in vibration on the night stand crazily. Lazily, with my eyes remain closed, and my body, which had been adapted onto the comfortable bed, legs still getting stuck in the strangling mess of my thick comfy blanket, I raised one hand up and switch the digital alarm clock off then drift back off to sleep.

‘Knock knock’
I heard the annoying sound produced by the door as it got hit by knuckles.
I decided to give no respond.
‘Knock knock knock’
I frowned in my slumber, started to get a little tick off.
‘Knock knock knock’
“SHUT UP!” I screamed hoarsely and flipped to the other side of my bed, covering my face with one of my pillows.
“I’m sure you would want to wake up now, there are guests waiting for you downstairs.” I heard one of the old maids politely said at the other side of the door.
“Cancel everything, told them I’m sick!” I lied with eyes still closed.
To convince her even more, I faked a poor cough I had learned ever since I was still a kid, mainly used for emergency purposes, well, like right now for example.
I opened one eye to look at the digital alarm clock in front me and groaned when I realized what time it is. Since the lid of my eyes felt really heavy, I closed it immediately to satisfy its need.
‘8:45 AM’
Damn, who the heck are willing to come and visit someone else’s home at 9 in the morning?
When I heard no more reply from the other side of the door, I make myself getting comfortable again on my bed just to quickly shot my eyes opens once more after realizing what date it was from the corner of my digital clock.
With a speed like a cheetah, I jump out of bed and with super half body--, hey, don’t misunderstand me, I’m not being arrogant, I’m stating a fact, I do have a great shaped body alright--, I grabbed my bloody red towel and run toward the bathroom.
It didn’t take long for me to be nicely groomed afterward, not even take 10 minutes. I smiled my million dollar gummy smile in front of my standing mirror, fixed my tie a little and sprayed almost the whole bottle of the manly perfume my dad had presented me on myself.
With one last scanned, I dashed out of my bedroom and quickly speed walking toward the main entrance door where I immediately spot my guests.
They were nicely dressed but one thing for sure is that, she looked stunning as always. I smiled softly without I realized and walked closer to them, that’s when I realized the old maid that had wake me up this morning is presented there also.
“I’m sorry but young mister doesn’t seemed to be feeling well this morning, I’m afraid you would have to leave without seeing him.”
The aged guy chuckled, “oh, really? Then I would love to visit him and see his condition for myself.”
“I’m afrai-“
I quickly interrupt the scene with clearing of my throat, “What are you guys talking about, I’m sorry I’m late, but, here I am!” I looked at the maid who was now staring at me in speechless and so I quickly yet gently instructed her, “You can leave now.”
She, in panic, almost immediately, scurried away.
We all fell in silent; each one of us watched the old maid slowly disappeared until I quickly diverted my attention back to the three member family. My eyes fixated on her immediately. She looked up to meet my eyes but then quickly looked away without giving me any reaction.
Not even a smile.
My heart ached in disappointment but I won’t give up. I will try every possible way for her to open up to me. I divert my eyes back to the old man in front of me, dressing in formal suit, matched with almost a grimy expression.
I don’t want to say this but I have to, this old man never really smiles when it comes to me, ouch, I know.
 “I’m glad to see that your condition had improved really fast, Yongguk.” The old man once said. I didn’t miss the sarcastic tone he had mentally slapped onto me though.
He eyed me skeptically and I scoffed, “Sure, I’m also surprised to see how energized I had become after knowing you guys were coming to see me in this bright sunny day.”
Almost as if on cue, we heard the loudest lightning ever, followed by the drops of rainfall after that. Well, what could I say, damn it.
I just managed to smile cheerily at them then.
“Well, looking from the weather I think it’s not a surprised if the bed felt more comfy than ever today. I know it’s a surprise that we came but we just wanted to see what our future son-in-law would be doing at this hour. I guess we had gotten the hint.” He said sternly. Ouch--, no wait, let me rephrase that, damn, this old man is so straight to the point, and I’m scared.
Mind you, there’s sarcasm in there.
I hung my head low in obligation, at least my action spoke that I’m being polite, right?
To say that the atmosphere wasn’t good was an understatement, it was intense. This old man who is her dad, Mr. Jung, had never liked me even once. He looked at me as if I am disgusting and that my status and his status are huge in gap, when in reality, we were almost just short of few inches between each other.
Maybe that’s why he hated me, maybe that’s the reason why he loath me. He can’t accept the fact that someone younger than him could have the same positioned with his own.
Well, old man, I guess you have to accept the reality and stuffed it all over your face for the rest of your life.
But although he had tried with almost all of his willpower to make me fall, I would never give up. We have a bond, in which, not even him can break.
I’m his future son-in-law, obviously, just like he had mentioned before, well I just wanted to remind you. I don’t mean to hate it but rather, the opposite, I love being called his son-in-law.
But I’m sad to say that it was an arranged marriage. The famous old style of tradition parent used, just to make the influence of their company bigger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter