28

Stay With Me

 

Lee Jaehee smiled to herself as she greeted the directors in the room.

“Good morning, I’m glad yo could come despite the short notice.” She nodded.

“We have decided to take on a vote for your position, Madam.” One of the directors nodded as everyone began to sit.

“Today, we are here gathered to decide on Mrs. Lee appeal to be-”

“I don’t this should be happening.” A voice said, Saemi walked in the room with Joongki and Ilwoo.

Jaehee’s eyes widened , she curled her fists under the table.

“Young miss.” The man bowed.

“My brother has temporarily..emptied his position. By right I am the one taking over. I am the second child of Leesan.”

Jaehee stood up.

“Saemi, but this job isn’t for you.” She said softly in a fake manner.

Joongki and Ilwoo looked at her.

“This job may be not for her, but legally it is hers. Lee Minho’s absence means that his younger sister, Leesan’s second heir, must take over whether she likes it or not. And no one is able to prevent that unless Miss Lee wants to pass the position to someone else.” Ilwoo said.

“Attorney Jung.” Director Park nodded at him.

“Mister Jung is my legal counsel, anything else you want to verify, you can go to him.” Saemi nodded and walked towards the older lady.

“But she is not qualified for this job. You know her record.” Jaehee looked at the directors.

They murmured to themselves.

Joongki tensed and looked at her.

“Don’t worry.” She smiled, Saemi placed a brown envelope on the table.

Jaehee opened the file and took out the papers. Her eyes widened as she read it.

“An MBA?” She whispered.

“I finished my MBA at Harvard. I did an intership for Procter and Gamble for three months then I flew here.” She nodded and looked at Jaehee.

“Now, is that qualified enough?” She tilted her head towards the older lady then she smiled at the board.

Ilwoo and Joongki blinked at her.

“And, you might want to get rid of that name plaque on oppa’s table.” She whispered to Jaehee before stepping out.

 

“MBA?” Ilwoo asked as they walked out.

“Khun and I left for the US to finish our MBA. I just went back earlier due to my brother’s...request.”

“You never told us.” Joongki said.

“Oppa, you never asked. Anyway, it seems that I got rid of Jaehee now. I should head back home and call my father.”

“Thank you for coming with me, oppas. I really appreciate it.” She smiled at them.

“As long as you...do a good job.” Joongki said. Saemi smiled and nodded.

Then she walked towards the elevator.

“You do know that she will do well, right?” Ilwoo asked.

“I know.”

 

Saemi shook her head as she stepped in their family house. She found her father in his study.

“I heard you already take over?”

She nodded.

“Any news about oppa?”

The elder Lee frowned and shook his head, Saemi felt her heart clench.

“That’s good, you as the president would do be a nice thing for you. Jaehee told me, she’s so proud of you.”

Saemi inwardly scoffed.

“Will you be staying for dinner, Saemi?”

“Aniyo, abeoji, I just wanted to se you. I still have some things to do. Then, good night.” She smiled and kissed her father’s cheek.

“Please call me if they hear anything from oppa.”

As soon as she was out of the doorstep she let her tears fall.

 

“Oppa, where are you?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++