27

Stay With Me

 

Saemi rubbed the back of her neck, it was already three in the morning and still no sign of her odler brother.

Then she heard her phone ring.

“Khun?”

“I’m outside, I brought the authorities over.”

She sighed and stood up.

 

“It’s been more then twelve hours, sir.” She said.

“When did you last see him?”

“At our resort, he left after having breakfast. He told us he had to fly back to Seoul. I spoke with the pilot, he told me he never flew back.”

The officer nodded.

“Saem, I called the airport, Minho never did fly commercially.” Khun said.

Saemi exhaled.

“Don’t worry,  Miss Lee. We’ll do our best in searching for Mister Lee.”

The two officers left, Saemi wrapped her arms around herself and remained on the couch.

“What if something’s wrong?” She asked Khun, her anxiety taking over. Khun sighed and sat beside her.

“Don’t go into conclusions right away. Relax, Saem. They said they will try their best.”

Saemi frowned.

“I just keep having this bad feeling.” She shuddered.

“Just sleep first, okay Saem? Maybe tomorrow we’ll have news.”

 

“It’s been four days.” Ilwoo rubbed his temples. He was in Joongki’s office.

Joongki frowned.

“I have no idea what’s happening. It...bothers me that we don’t know where he is. Even the authorities can’t find him.”

“Have you heard from Saemi?” Joongki asked.

“No. She’s been busy talking to the police.”

Joongki handed his friend the newspaper.

“Leesan’s in a mess without him.” He murmured.

“Wait, Lee Jaehee wants to step us president?” Ilwoo looked up.

“She says that its only for the mean time while Minho’s away.” Joongki said.

“But Saemi hates her.”  Ilwoo said.

“Oppa, that’s why I need you to be my lawyer.” Saemi peeked through the door.

 

“Your secretary told me you were here.” Saemi said as she sat down.

“I needed something to stop that.” She pointed towards the paper.

The two looked at her.

“Lee Jaehee is someone I can’t trust the company to. My father may trust her, but I don’t. Over the years I saw how she used people and even my father. She doesn’t love him, she loves his money.”

“Why didn’t you tell him?” Joongki asked.

“Abeoji never listened to me, he was blinded. Only oppa and I knew. A few years back she made a business proposal, oppa rejected it. Thats why she’s so adamant about getting his position now.”

“And I wont let that happen.”

“You do know that if you want to stop her, you should take over instead.” Ilwoo nodded.

“By right, I should be the one taking over not her.”

“Credentials are needed, Saem.” Ilwoo explained.

“Dont worry, oppa. Just be my legal counsel and help me.” She looked at him with eyes filled with worry.

“Honestly, I don’t even know what to do without my brother. The police told me he was kidnapped. But the only thing they found was his car and his phone. Nothing else.” She sighed.

Joongki looked at his friend.

“Arasso, I’ll be your legal counsel Saem. You didn’t even need to ask.”

Joongki smiled.

“You know right now, the whole BOD of your company is gatehred for the meeting, discussing about...the second wife, if you could persuade them now. You can stop this.” Joongki said.

Saemi smiled.

“I’ll drive you two there, come on.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++