Chapter 2

Winter Rose

I woke up around 8 plus in the morning, taking a quick shower before tying my hair up into a messy ponytail, pulling on a white tank top with a black hoodie and a pair of shorts pairing it with my plain white high tops sneaker. I walked down the stairs, tugging on my shoes.

 

"Going for a run?" a familiar voice asked as I stopped at the gate to zip up my hoodie. I turned to see Hoya walking down in his full black outfit.

"Ne... You too?" I asked as I opened the gate and walked out with him.

 

"Hmm..." he nodded his head. "Guess I found a running partner?" he smile as he did some stretching for his leg along with me.

 

"Pretty much..." I nodded as I finished stretching. "Let's see what you've got!" I smile as I started to jog ahead of him.

 

"Let's see what YOU'VE got!" he said as he started jogging along side with me. "Since you don't know this area well, use my route." he said, running slightly ahead of me, without saying, I just followed along with him. We jogged a few rounds around the neighborhood before we know it, it's already 9 going 10. "We have to get back, umma will be waiting for us with the breakfast soon..." he said, picking up his pace slightly.

 

We reached the house in a few mins, walking up the steps. "I'll go and shower first..." I said as I climb up the stairs. He jerked a OK sign to me as he walked into the house. I took a quick shower, changing into this before walking down the stairs.

7775-4minute-hyunas-photo-collection.jpg

"Hyuna-ah, you're going out later?" ahjumma asked when she opened the door after a while when I knocked on the door.

"Ne..." I nodded my head as we walked into the house. "I'm going over to town to look around while I still have some time to waste." I smile. Aniya... You know that isn't true... You want to look for your loss memories..

"Why not ask Hoya to go with you?" ahjussi asked when I sat beside ahjumma. "I believe that Hoya is very free today..." he asked, looking over at Hoya.

Hoya is in a printed white tee with jeans. He looked up, nodding his head lightly. "Where do you want to go?" he asked, smiling lightly.

I shrugged lightly not wanting to tell them about it. 

 

We walked out of the house after waving goodbye to them. "Where do you want to go?" he asked as I searched into my bag for a paper. "What is this?" he asked as he took the paper that's scribble with a few address. "But this is all a resident area..." he said, looking up at me.

"Why do you think I returned to Seoul for?" I asked softly, looking at him. "There's a part of me that's incomplete and all my relatives refuses to tell me so I need to search for the answers myself... I'm scared coming back here alone. But I have no choice! My aunt know something but she refuses to tell me anything... I just want to find out that guy..." I trailed off.

 

"I heard from umma... You've lost you memory since young and moved to The States since none of the relatives is willing to take you... But why won't you tell my mum?" he asked as we walked down the road.

 

"She will tell my aunt... And my aunt will make me go back to The States..." I said as we sat at the bus stop as he looked through the paper.

 

"Than what about this? Who are they?" he asked softly.

 

"They're places that I've noted down in a notebook before... I written it before I got into the accident... I was hugging a notebook and a small diary stashed inside of my coat... No one know about this diary..." I replied.

 

"How is it possible?"

 

"Ask the nurse! Don't ask me!" I said, as he flagged for a bus.

 

We walked around almost the whole area and it's already noon... "Are you hungry?" I asked, looking up at Hoya as we walked away from the house.

 

"Are you sure you used to live here? And that guy too? No one seems to know you guys!"

 

"Yah! It's been 5 years since I've returned... It's not surprising that he moved and if they don't know me!" I whine, stumbling slightly as I kicked a pebble.

 

"Gwenchanni?!" he asled, holding me up. "Ah... Get on my back..." he said, squatting slightly.

 

"Waeo?" I asked, looking at him with a puzzled face.

 

"What if you fall? Umma will blame it on me!" he said, pulling me on his back. "C'mon, we'll get something to eat first..." he said as we walked away from the residental area. We reached a street stall, a while later and he sat me on the floor lightly. 

 

"Let's stop the searching for today..." I said as I watched him stretch tiredly. I massage his back lightly as he ordered the food. "Thanks for accompanying me anyway... Guess, it's fated that I have to take baby steps to find out the truth..." I sigh softly standing beside him.

 

"Can you even focus when you're trying to figure something out?"

 

"I've been waiting for 5 years... What's difference for another 5 years?" I asked him as I eat the odeng slowly.

 

"True..." he said in his too stuffed mouth. "Than we're going to go back straight?" 

 

"Ne!" I nodded my head.

 

I still have some planning to do but since I've never upload for such a long time, I'll stop here and upload it for you guys~! I'll work hard on this~! And please comment and let me know where I can improve on! Thank you for reading!~^^