Chapter 26

Winter Rose

Myungsoo's POV
I looked around the airport with a bored face. I was supposed to be on the plane now but well, it got delayed. It's been at least 2 hours since I'm in here. I sip lightly on the coffee, it's my second cup. I was looking out of the window, watching as the plane took off one by one when suddenly I got distracted by a phone vibrating from my pocket. 

I gave it a weird look, no one would be calling me now. They would all thought that I'm the plane and leaving. Private number? "Yeoboseyo?" I asked, pressing the phone against my ear.

 

"Annyeong, Myungsoo-ah." this voice is so familiar that it's sickening. "Hyuna called me and told me that she found you..." she said after she realised that I'm not going to speak.

 

"I haven't told her what I seen on that day. Don't worry, your secret it safe with me." I answered coldly.

 

"Ani... Thanks for helping me to hide it for so long... I've booked a plane to Seoul tomorrow... I planned to tell her the truth... I haven't been having good nights ever since it happened. All the guilt... I promised myself that if she ever find you, I'll tell her the truth. Will I be able to see you tomorrow?" she spoke.

 

"Ani... I'm leaving for Singapore in a few hours time." 

 

"Ah, that's a pity... All because of me, I caused so much pain to you guys..."

 

I'm glad you know. "I'm not keeping the secrets for you... I'm keeping it to prevent Hyuna from getting hurt by the last family member that she have."

 

"Thank you." and with that she hang up on me.

 

I have done my part in trying to keep her safe... I looked out of the window as tears started flowing without me knowing. "Ah... Pabo... Why are you crying for..." I knocked my head lightly as I tried to dry my eyes.

 

Hyuna's POV
I picked up my aunt during the evening and she send me out to buy Shoju saying it'll be better if we talked over it like this. I walked back slowly, thinking of all the things she might want to tell me about..

 

I know who the guy is, but I just refuses to tell you...

 

Move back to America with me. You found him.

 

But she can tell me all of this through the phone, that means this situation is far more worse than it could be. I walked up the stairs to see her sitting outside at the chair. "Aunt..." I called, walking over to her, setting the plastic bag on the table. "What's wrong?" I asked in a small voice.

 

"Come... Sit down..." she patted the empty seat beside her. I looked at her with a confused face, but did as told. She poured the drink for me even though I keep resisting as it's not polite for the elders to pour drink for the kids. We drank for a while and by the time she started speaking, there's slightly too much alcohol in our bloodstream. "Do you know how your parents is killed?" she asked after a while.

 

"Ani... Wae... Did you find the killer?" I asked after I let out a soft hipcup.

 

"You're looking at her..." she said sadly. It took me a second to get what she was saying, I straight up in the chair.

 

"Bowh?" I croaked after I managed I find my voice again.

 

"I never planned to tell you... But I made a promise to myself that I have to tell you if you found Myungsoo... I lied, I know Myungsoo the whole time. He didn't even changed his phone number cause he was afraid that you would call and not able to find him... I... I kept him from you, thinking if you never find him, I would never have to confess... I didn't have the courage to... But now..."

 

"Aunt... Please tell me this is a joke..." I pleaded slightly.

 

"Ani... I was so jealous of your family.... Your grandfather had already set up the will, half of his wealth is going to your caretaker and the rest is to be split within the rest. I want the wealth and I did something foolish." she paused to collect herself as she started sobbing hardly. "That day your dad called the people over to fix the car as the brake isn't working. I waited outside the gate and the people that they're not needed anymore... I thought if the car crash, your grandfather would think twice about who to give the money to."

 

"Then what does that have to do with Myungsoo?"

 

"He witnessed it." she sobbed. "He refuses to tell you who he is because of it... He didn't want you to end up with no relative.." she sobbed.

 

I kept quiet and after a few minutes passed, I walked into the room without saying anything and just sat on the bed. Many thoughts went through my mind that night. I heard my aunt walked in after a while and settled on the sofa. Call me stupid... but even though she's the one that killed my parents, she was also the wrong one that raised me up when all the other relatives refuses to take me in. I walked over, laying a blanket over her. "Sleep well aunt..." I whisper softly before moving to my bed.

 

"Are you mad at me?" she asked in a timid voice.

 

"I'm angry... But you're still the one that raised me up." I let out a small sigh. "You were there when none of the relatives take me in..." 

 

The next morning, I went down the stairs, waiting for Hoya I didn't even catch a wink of sleep yesterday... I can't even stop thinking about Myungsoo and Hoya... I know the bigger picture is my aunt killing my parents... But... What happened happened.. I can't do anything about it and I really don't want to lose my last family support...

 

"Ah Hyuna... what's up?" Hoya asked, walking over to me.

 

"You know me... I don't like to go in circles so I will just straight to the point..." I paused for a while. "I can't..."

 

Hoya cut me off, "I know it... I know it the whole time, you and Myungsoo can't forget each other..." he said with a sad face. "I heard this saying... If you really love someone, you should let them go, if they're really meant for you, they'll return..." he smile, "Friends?" he open his arms. I smiled and went into his open arms. "And I think if I were to remain your boyfriend, Myungsoo might kill me if I ever make you cry..."  he joked after we stepped out from each other arms.