Chapter 22

Winter Rose

I smell pancakes... Gosh, why must I like to eat so much? I opened my eyes slowly before jerking up. This is not my house. Am I kidnapped? But why would a kidnapper make pancakes? Maybe he's making for him to eat... But then... I'm not tied up... What is happening? "Hyuna-ah, are you up?" I heard a voice called out from outside. Wait... That sound is so familiar... Myungsoo?

 

I walked over to the door. Oh... It's just Myungsoo... He's standing in front of the stove with an apron around him and a tall stack of pancakes beside him. "Yeah... I'm up..." I told him, rubbing my eyes slightly. "Why am I here?" I asked, walking over to my bag that's on the dining chair.

 

"You fell asleep so I figured that it'll be a better choice that I bring you back here..." he replied, turning off the stove and taking the stack of the pancake into the dining table. "Wash up first before you eat..." he told me, leading me into the bedroom and opening the closet. I inspect it weirdly... I thought Myungsoo single? Why is there female clothing in here? It looked pretty worn out and the perfume seems like something that I used. "Ah, that's my ex." he quickly close the closet, when he realises that I'm studying it. "Don't have the time to throw it away yet..." he looked uncomfortable when speaking. He just pushed a clean towel into my hand before walking out  and closing the door behind him.

 

I looked at my phone that I held in my hand since just now. Ah right! Charger! I'm supposed to ask him about it but the female clothing just got the better of me. "Oppa, do you have charger?" I asked, opening the door slightly.

 

"Yeah, it's in the first drawer on the left of the study table." he replied from outside.

 

I walked over, pulling the drawer out. There's a snow globe in it... Being nosy, I took it out. It's a snow globe with a rose in the middle. There's a label at the bottom. Winter Rose. There's a letter that's opened beside it. One of the line caught my eyes, so I decided to read it. It's written in pink pen...

 

Hey, babe how long has it been?
Days are the same. Life is pretty boring after you went to America with your aunt... I wanted to tell you so many things... But it's all so hard... I'm pretty sure she don't even let you read my letter... Too many secrets baby... I miss you so much. Winter Rose? I carried that with me every day... Do you even know that your letter is the oxygen that I'm breathing? I'm so scared that I'll lose it... Baby... I really want you to find out the truth... But everything hurt... 

 

Then the line that caught my eyes.

 

"The next time where you see a winter rose, would be the time where the two of us will meet once again."

The line... Isn't it the one in my book? How... Winter rose? 

 

The letter that you gave is under my winter globe... I have to make sure it's safe huh....

 

I placed the letter down, picking up the globe. I checked the bottom there's a pink paper... Is that my handwriting? It looked a lot like mine...

 

Hey baby! I miss you so much!
Why did my parents have to change my school? I hated them so much... Now we can only meet when we're walking home! I miss you so much! Hey baby! Let's make a promise! Can you tell me one? Hehe your mission make a promise for us and gave it to me in a book where I can write down our memories! 

I love you oppa~

From your little princess (PS, I feel so... Gross saying that myself... T.T)

 

I placed the thing back to it's original placing before quickly slipping into the shower. Am I overthinking? I sink into a corner as the water hit my body over and over again. Then suddenly a memory got to me. The old lady that I visited last time! She told me she have a picture of us somewhere... I quickly slipped into my clothes before running out and grabbing my bag. "Oppa, I'll get going first! I have something on!" I shouted, running out of the house. Instead of taking the bus, I should take the cab. This could be how things end... Finding out that the pic is Myungsoo... Or maybe not Myungsoo...

 

But... What am I going to do if the guy is Myungsoo? What is going to happen to Hoya? Am I just going to leave Hoya? What if Myungsoo doesn't want me back? What if he's not the guy. My head hurts suddenly. What am I going to do? I looked around for a while cab but suddenly tears leaked down the side of my face when I think too much. I dropped onto the floor when I felt my legs got jelly. What am I going to do now?

 

"Hyuna!" I heard Myungsoo running out and skiing down beside me. "How are you? Do we have to go to the hospital?" he asked in a tone filled with worries.

 

"Gwenchanna..." I tried to stand up.

 

"You have low blood sugar... And you have been too stress... I'm taking you to the doctor for a drip." he said, carrying me up.

 

Why do you know so much? "Why are you making a moutain out of a molehill?!" I shouted at him as I struggle to get out off his grip. 

 

"You could have faint!" he shouted at me, letting me onto the ground. 

 

"Even if I faint, it's none of your business! Leave me alone!" I shouted before running off, flagging for a cab. I got into the car and the tears started leaking. Stop being so nice to me... Don't be that guy that I used to love so much... Please don't....

 

Myungsoo's P.O.V

Shouldn't I feel happy? She's avoiding me herself... Haven't I been trying to do it from day 1? Why am I being like this? I should be feeling happy but why do I feel so... Like a piece of me is missing? I let out an annoyed scream before walking back into the building. 

 

"Hey, Hoya..." I called him through the phone. "Hyuna, left already... Check on her." I said before hanging up. I walked into the room, drawing the drawer out to charge my phone. . She saw it. Is that why she ran? Ugh! I sweep everything that's on the table onto the floor. Would she know? It could be some other girl... She won't just think that's her right?

 

"Hello Sunggyu?" I called Sunggyu. "I won't be free to go to work this week..."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Something happened to me... Give me some time to cool off... I'll go back when I'm ready..." I said before hanging up. I should be as distant as I can to Hyuna now... So she won't find out anything. Anything for you Hyuna... Secret hurts too much some  times... I really love you Hyuna... Mianhae... Sometime hurting is hiding the other harsher pain... It'll be fine... Soon...