Chapter 23

Winter Rose

It's been months since I last seen Myungsoo... I went home with teary eyes and this time... It's different... I'm determine to forget all about the past. I started going out with Hoya, we'll go on at least 4 dates each week. After the incident at Myungsoo's house, he stop coming over. I guess it's better this way.

 

"Hyuna~" I heard Hoya calling from the first floor.

 

"Coming!" I shouted, grabbing my jacket. Today we're going on a little trip around the country side. "I'm so excited!" I smile grabbing onto his hand as we walked down the streets to the bus stop.

 

"Really? It's really cute as to how you get excited so easily!" he smile, pulling me closer to him. We just ended up walking like this. Him with his hand swing causally around my shoulder and mine around his waist. It felt warm but at the same time, something felt missing. Like a spark is refusing to light itself up.

 

I shook my head lightly. No. I have to forget about what happened at Myungsoo's place. What I've found... I have to stop bringing my hope up. What if he's not the guy? No... I would break down again. I can't let that happened again.... I'm confused about my feelings. I've spent all my time trying to find the guy. However, now when I finally found a guy that could highly possibly be the one that I've been searching for... I'm running away from him. 

 

"Hyuna? Hyuna, what are you thinking about?" Hoya nudge me slightly.

 

"Nothing... Just about what we can do later!" I faked a smile before dragging him to walk faster. "I can't wait to reach there."

 

You might think that I'm thinking too much... But if he's the one, why won't he tell me? He knew that I'm searching for him... Is he not the one? Or have he stop loving me? I guess, I'm all to blame for not searching for the answer. I'm afraid that he's not the one... I'm also afraid that he's the one... For he might have stop loving me... But... What's all that fears for? I have Hoya... I love him... Right?

 

I shook my head harshly to stop my thinking. It took us about an hour to travel to the hills side. And somehow it's near my old house. "Ah, ." Hoya cursed when he look through his bag. "I forgot to bring water... Do you know if there's a shop nearby?" he asked.

 

"Ah, ne..." I nodded my head and started walking based on my memories years ago. And till today, it's still here! I walked into the shop and was immediately greeted by the granny that I saw the other time. "Annyeonghaeseyo!" I smile, walking over to her while Hoya went to the back of the shop for water.

 

"Ah! I finally found you!" she smile brightly as she search for something in her pocket. "After you left the other time, I went to find it quickly! And I found it!!" she smile, holding the picture up for me. I took the picture slowly into my hand, biting my lips as tears threatened to fall. 

 

I looked so happy in the picture... My smile reaches my ear as I held hands with... Myungsoo... We both looked happy. So... He's the one... But he kept hiding it from me? "Ah, I still have this! Your family threw it out after your parents passed away but well... I was keeping it..." she handed me another bunch of photos. I looked through it slowly.

 

There's one that caught my eyes the most is the one where I took with my parents, grandfather, Myungsoo and my aunt. Everyone in the picture looked unhappy expect for ... us and my aunt... I quickly put the pictures into my bag when I heard Hoya approaching. "Mianhae, Hoya... I don't feel well suddenly... Can we go back? Oh no wait..." I paused for a while. "I need some time alone..." I bowed slightly before running off with tears running down my face. My head hurts when all the memories started flowing back.

 

I stopped somewhere where it looked like a park... I took a seat by the pond as all the memories hit me. From how we met to how we became friends and to how we became couples. There's never really a time where we quarreled, my whole family is happy for me. But my aunt. I remembered they always fight about money and how it should go. By then, of course I was still too young to understand. Then suddenly my parents changed my school. They said that Myungsoo is not fit enough to be my boyfriend or even my life long partner.

 

I took out the pictures that she passed me and started laughing softly when I spot some pictures that I made him took. My hand went up to my head automatically. It hurts. My vision blurred as I tried to keep the pictures into the bag and suddenly someone ended beside me.

 

Myungsoo's POV

I took a long time off alone. I went back to the place where I grew up with Hyuna. It cleared my mind a lot. Today is no difference, I woke up early and started walking around the area where I spend a lot of time with her... Just thinking back on the memories make me smile... 

 

"Yoboseyo?" I answered my phone when I was walking to the park. "Hyuna? What?" I shouted into the phone. Hoya called once again. "Where she used to live?" I asked when I spot someone that looked like her sitting by the seat which we used to sit at. "I found her." I said and was about to walk over to her but stopped. "She's at the park by the pond." I said before hanging up.

 

I hide quietly behind the trees making sure that she's okay when I spot her, taking out something and laughing slightly. Suddenly she looked like she's in pain and dropping something on the floor while she tried to keep what she took out. I spot Hoya running up to her. She looked up before breaking into tears in his arm. He then piggyback her and walked away.

 

I walked over to see what she have dropped on the grass. It's a picture of us... Tears ran down my face as I looked at the pond with a straight face. Are you crying cause of us again? I'm sorry Hyuna... I can't even protect you. What kind of boyfriend was I? I tried so hard to protect you but I'm failing huh?

 

After a while, I decided to make my way home. I sat in front of my laptop as I check through my mind... I've been hiding from the world for so long... My eyes stopped on a email. "Letter of promotion" Huh? I took double jobs, one at this business place, but all this time, I've been refusing to promote cause I still wanted time off to work with the boys... I click on it. 

 

"... moving to Singapore for it."

 

Maybe... This time I should do it... I took up my phone and called my boss. "Hey... I've read the email late... But is it still open?" I asked. "I'll take it. When will I be leaving?" 

 

Short chapter after a long time! What do you think will happen next? :0 Comment below~