Chapter 1

Winter Rose

"Hmm... I got it auntie... I'll call you when I reached there. Yes." I gave her a hug before boarding the plane.

 

I landed a few hours ago and I just got into my place, a rooftop house and I still have no intention on calling her. I tossed my phone aside as I flopped onto the bed. My head hurts... I just returned less than a day and my head is already hurting... Where's my doctor when I need him?

 

"Is anyone here?" a female voice asked, knocking on the door gently. I let out a groan as I dragged my feet over, opening the door slightly. "Oh you're here! Your aunt just called to check if you've reached, she was worried sick saying that you landed like 3 hours ago and you still haven't call her yet!" the lady said. "Oh! And I'm your landlord! But you can call me Auntie Lee!" she said kindly.

 

"Ne annyeonghaseyo!" I bowed lightly.

 

"Am I bothering you?"

 

Yes. "Aniya! It's okay! I was just lazing around anyway..." I smile lightly, opening the door bigger. "Do you want to come in?" I asked, kindly.

 

"Oh no! It's okay! Your aunt had mailed some clothes over earlier and there have been mails sending in to you since the start of the week, which is yesterday... I've hold it for you, no worries!" she smile.

 

"Ahh... Thank you Auntie Lee!" I smile, bowing again lightly.

 

"I'll get my son to bring it up for you a little later... Is it okay?" she smile lightly.

 

"Ne..." I nodded my  head before biding her goodbye and flopping back into the table. After a while later, I managed to get off the bed and started packing my bag. Stuffing almost all of the clothes into the closet and tossing the rest all over the place.

 

"Excuse me!" a voice called out, knocking on the door hardly.

 

"Ne!" I answered, opening the door slightly to see a guy around my age standing there and holding a bag of stuff.

 

"Oh! Annyeonghaseyo!" he bowed, looking shock. "I'm Lee Howon, but you can call me Hoya! You're?" he trailed slowly off, slightly shy.

 

"Annyeong, Choi Hyuna imnida." I bowed lightly.

 

"Ah! Umma want me to pass this to you..." he said, holding the bag out. "It's nice to finally meet the girl that's going to live here!" he smile lightly.

 

"And it's nice to meet the guy that's going to be my neighbour!" I smile lightly.

 

"I'll get going first..." he said awkwardly, walking over to the stairs. I wave lightly as he looked up before walking into his house. I closed the door behind me and sat in front of the table where my purple notebook sat. 

 

"The next time where you see a winter rose, would be the time where the two of us will meet again."

 

What a liar. I've seen it for the past decade but never did I see you... Why did I returned to Seoul, in hopes that I can meet you once again... That's all I asked for, is it too much?

 

I traced the words lightly as I looked out at the sunset. Another day passed where I'm all alone in Seoul... It's not like I have no relatives here but well... They don't even know that I'm back in Seoul or they could have forgotten about the fact that I actually existed ever since the accident... In short, I'm just counted as alone. 

 

I let out a soft sigh, grabbing my jacket as I walked out of the room to bang into Hoya. "Oh!" he said, holding me up as I nearly fell onto the floor. "Ah! Umma said that she want to ask you to go down and have dinner with us..." he said, pulling me along.

 

I followed him into the house, placing the shoes neatly outside before walking into the living room. "Ah Hyuna you're here!" ahjumma smile brightly, setting the food on the table. "Next time, just join us for dinner arasso! Make this like your second home... Your auntie said that you're all alone in Seoul..." she trailed off softly. 

 

"Ah umma! I'll help you with the rice!" Hoya said suddenly, breaking the topic before rushing to the kitchen.

 

"Can I help with anything?" I asked, looking around.

 

"No! You'll just sit here!"

 

"But you asked me to make this like my second home... And if it's home, I have to play a part in helping!" I whine slightly.

 

"Then... Go help Hoya with the rice, I don't trust that he can walk here without breaking anything!" she whisper to me slowly, causing me to laugh slightly as I walked over to help him. "Oh good! You didn't break anything!" she teased Hoya as we sat the bowls of rice on the table. "Waeo? Too shy to show people your dance move?" she asked, as she placed the utensils beside the bowls of rice.

 

"Umma!" Hoya whine lightly.

 

"But Hyuna is somehow like a family? Ah molla molla! I'm going to treat her like my own daughter since I've always wanted one... So she's somehow our family and you'll have to deal with that! And in family, awkwardness is not allow!" she said.

 

I smile lightly at what she said. "But you don't barely know me..." I said.

 

"I believe whatever a child does, isn't something her fault cause they're still too young to think and something could have happened to them in their past. And for you..." she patted my hand lightly. "From talking to your auntie, I can tell that she have raised you well." she smile, walking into the kitchen.

 

"I'm home!" a voice similar to Hoya but lower called out as the door opened. And after a while, a tall figure walking into the living room. "Ah! Annyeonghaseyo! You must be Hyuna!" he smile as soon as he saw me.

 

"Ne! Annyeonghaseyo..." I quickly jumped onto my feet, bowing lightly.

 

"Annyeong appa." Hoya said, sitting leg stretched on the floor. "How's your day?" he asked.

 

"It's okay... How's yours?" he asked, sitting beside Hoya. 

 

"A lazy one... I went to the dance studio but Dongwoo left earlier with the memberes so I returned home earlier." he said, turning to his dad, looking away from the tv.

 

"Everyone is here." auntie Lee said, sitting beside Uncle Lee. "Hyuna, this is my husband, Hoya's appa, you can call him Uncle Lee." she smile. "Well, since everyone is present, let's start our dinner." she smile.

 

"I'll eat nicely!" we all said before we started eating.

 

"Thank you Auntie Lee. It's really nice eating with you guys..." I smile, bowing lightly.

 

"Come over again tomorrow night or I'll going up to drag you down!" she threaten cutely. "I'm happy you enjoyed eating with us." she patted my shoulder lightly.

 

I walked back into the house, laying on the bed, staring at the star-filled sky. Maybe it's not a bad idea moving back to Seoul, even though I'm all alone. Maybe... Just maybe... I walked over to the bathroom, getting a quick shower before proceeding to bed.