Taren's Peaceful Nightmare

Can You Feel My Heartbeat Girl?

 

…I was walking the fine line of waking reality and peaceful slumber, I knew that much-and then my day’s fears came back to me in full force. Shadowy figures with letters where their faces should’ve been bomb-rushed the house, where we were all doing various activities-and they kidnapped my friends, one by one. I fought with one of the figures but they laughed mirthlessly and tossed me to the side like a rag doll.

No!!! I called out to my attackers, screaming as they loaded my hog-tied friends in a black van. No!!You can’t do this, please!!! The darkness closed in on me then, and I screamed as I thought my oblivion was coming, but then-

-A flash of light appeared in the sky, and we all looked up to see the form of an angel descend from the heavens to place himself between me and the figures. The shadows were distressed-I could just feel it, somehow- and they began to attack at the glowing figure, who simply spread open his wings and eliminated them all just by growing brighter and brighter until they shrieked and evaporated. The light was so real, so warm, that the very ethereal beams felt warm to my own bones and I slid down to my knees, shielding my eyes from the light. The light however, caressed my eyes through my eyelids and bit by bit, the screams of my attackers faded out until there was nothing left.

The light began to ebb, and I slowly lowered the bend of my elbow-to come face to face with my savior. Wait a minute-is that, Nichkhun?! Indeed, in some twist of fate, my Angel of Strength was in fact my Thai prince friend, wrapped in celestial robes and holding a staff of pure lightning. He knelt around me, spreading his seraphim wings to shield me from the shattered pieces of my mind, and drew me into his arms. I will take you somewhere safe.. He leapt off a cliff with me, I closed my eyes into his neck, and then we were on solid ground.

Looking around, I saw that we were in a sunny place-the light lessened a little bit more, and I saw that we were in a busy park-with children playing, dogs barking, couples walking hand in hand and a birthday party in full effect on the other side of the lawn we now stood on. Nick let go of me, and I turned to see him smile-dressed in something casual, and very easy on the eyes. 2PM then showed up, laughing, fighting, completely normal and unharmed. Junsu was holding a picnic basket, Woo a Frisbee, and Taec a basketball. Junho even grabbed me by the hand. Come on, Taren, where have you been? We’ve been looking all over for you!!! He stuck out his tongue at Nick. I hope you haven’t been making out with her, Nick-hyung. The man in question shrugged mysteriously, causing Ho to shove him as we all laughed. Taec took my hand, smiling, and we all sat down to enjoy the goodies in Junsu’s picket basket……..