32

what is infinite

            Despite the visual having a bad day, Sunggyu was practically flying on cloud nine. He was so elated to finally be able to call Sungyeol his boyfriend—to finally be sure that they were actually in a relationship and not just some little fling. Even though he wasn’t really sure of his feelings before, after inviting Sungyeol to his album recordings and just watching Sungyeol and glancing at him every few seconds and noticing that he actually knew a lot of little things about the younger, the leader just realized that he was, well, in love.

            That’s what made Kim Sunggyu take Lee Sungyeol, the known coffee-fanatic to his favorite café across the street. He knew that Sungyeol wasn’t really supposed to have much coffee but he also knew that Sungyeol loved coffee and what better place to ask someone to be your lover than at a place you know they’ll love?

            Sungyeol definitely appreciated the trip to the café. He hadn’t had some coffee in a while, and the fact that the responsible leader was the one that took him there had made everything even better and more special to him.

            Sunggyu never really had a taste for coffee, but he did love sweets and that was how he had found out about the café in the first place, Sungyeol learned. He had actually learned a lot about the leader during their little café date. He found out that Sunggyu liked sweet things a lot more than bitter things (his face after taking a sip out of Sungyeol’s Americano was so hilarious that Sungyeol regretted not taking out his phone and taking a picture of the elder); he learned that Sunggyu was never really good with romance and relationships and that was why he usually went after older women because they would usually lead everything (which was another reason why Sunggyu was reluctant to act on his feelings towards Sungyeol in the first place, though he blessed his past girlfriends for teaching him how to kiss because he loved being the more experienced one and taking the lead when it came to kissing Sungyeol, not that he’d let younger know that); and he also learned about how Sunggyu preferred the winter over the summer because winter just spoke to him as warm-movie-nights-cuddling-close-to-a-fire type of season (even though that wasn’t really something they were allowed to do, being idols and always busy).

            And all of the new information he learned just made Sungyeol fall for the elder even more. It drove him crazy at first, when he found out that Sunggyu was a lot more observant that he thought he was; Sungyeol had thought all this time that the leader ignored him and didn’t care much for him, when in fact, Sunggyu knew more about Sungyeol than he did about the elder. It made the taller male feel kind of bad at first; he was the one who had confessed first and he didn’t even know whether the leader liked tea or coffee (he later found out that Sunggyu prefers rose earl grey tea, which is often hard to find and actually not that surprising because Sunggyu likes extravagant-sounding things). However, it turned out for the better, because that meant that Sungyeol got to sip on his coffee while listening to Sunggyu’s lovely voice talk all about himself, which was a topic that the younger was especially interested in.

            He thought of themselves as lucky that the café wasn’t that crowded. It was a small place, and the owners were elderly people who didn’t recognize the two idols (or maybe they did but didn’t want to disturb them). Whatever it was, Sunggyu was especially happy to be able to take off their caps and just sit in front of each other at a small café without having to worry about other people taking pictures or gossiping about them.

            However, it didn’t stop him from hesitating and looking around him before discreetly setting his hand over Sungyeol’s on the table. It made Sungyeol’s face heat up so fast, and the younger not-so-secretly started to drink his coffee a little more rapidly to try and cool down. He tried to avoid Sunggyu’s eyes, but it didn’t work out because then it made the leader worry about him and remove his hand from on top of Sungyeol’s to take hold of Sungyeol’s chin from across the table.

            “Are you ok?” he asked softly, quickly removing his hand when he realized that Sungyeol’s face was flushed red, “I-I can stop if you’re embarrassed or—“

            “No, you don’t have to do that!” Sungyeol sputtered out, immediately putting his hand over his mouth in embarrassment when he realized how fast he had protested to Sunggyu moving his hand away and thinking that Sungyeol didn’t like him being affectionate in public, in fact Sungyeol loved it (maybe a bit too much, but Sunggyu felt the same way, so it wasn’t like it wasn’t mutual; Sungyeol just knew how to hold his emotions back more).

            The adorable act made Sunggyu giggle, also reminding him of why he had asked Sungyeol to come to the café with him in the first place. He glanced down at his hands before clearing his throat and looking straight at the man in front of him.

            “Um, Sungyeol?” he began.

            The younger hummed in acknowledgement, watching Sunggyu as he somewhat struggled with his next words, considering that the leader never had them come out of his mouth.

            “S-Sungyeol, are we a thing? You know, a-are we in a relationship? We’ve never really made anything sure, and I was just wondering, because lately you’ve been all over Woohyun, and I’m not sure how I feel about that and I was getting a little jealous but then I remembered that you never said you were mine and I was just thinking that, um, I would like that—for you to be mine.”

            The younger felt his face get red again over Sunggyu’s awkward words, and he just smirked, playfully teasing the other.

            “And so, what you’re saying is?”

            Sunggyu hid his face in his hands, knowing that Sungyeol was messing with him now. He took another deep breath, feeling himself start to lose his composure after looking at Sungyeol practically beam at him from across the table.

            “What I’m saying is that I really, really like you—no, I might even love you, and I wanted to know if you felt the same way, and I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to, you know, be my boyfriend?”

            Sunggyu proceeded to put his head down and cover in with his arms, feeling his face heat up from embarrassment because it was so like Sungyeol to make him do all of the talking and all of the confessing and all of the most embarrassing and cheesy words, and on top of all of that he didn’t even know if Sungyeol wanted a relationship and—

            “Yes, Sunggyu,” Sungyeol giggled. “Yes, I will be your boyfriend,” he teased, “and I definitely, um, do feel the same way. But, did you say you were jealous over me spending time with Woohyun?”

            His response just made Sunggyu bury his face into his hand even more and groan, later moving to sit next to Sungyeol, his now lover, and playfully hitting him for just sitting there and giggling as Sunggyu struggled with his awkward confession. After a while though, the couple had gotten comfortable and just sat together on one side of the table, Sunggyu laying against Sungyeol, telling the younger more about himself since Sungyeol seemed to find his high school slip-ups so hilarious and Sunggyu just liked hearing Sungyeol laugh and he also liked having Sungyeol’s arm around him and leaning against the taller male’s chest, so it was a win-win situation for both of them.

            Two stories about how Sunggyu got into trouble with his older sister as a child later, the leader had gotten a phone call from their manager, telling him that he was on his way to pick him up with Myungsoo.

            Hearing the visual’s name, Sunggyu felt a pang of guilt, remembering about Myungsoo’s infatuation with Sungyeol, and he decided that he would have to be brave and take on the risk of telling him that he was in a relationship with Sungyeol now. The leader knew that there was going to be some awkward times, and possible another fight between the members, but he also knew that it was better that Myungsoo found out earlier than later.

            Therefore, before the manager had shown up with the visual, Sungyeol and Sunggyu talked and discussed how they were going to tell everyone that they were together, because that’s what they were going to do.

            Tonight.


I'm terrible at fluff everyone I am so sorry OTL