22

what is infinite

            The games continued on, and Sungyeol seemed to having a pretty good time with everything. The games were fun, and everyone was laughing and smiling. He loved going on Weekly Idol, even though they always messed with Sunggyu every episode. Sometimes that’s part of the reason why it was so much fun.

            He sat back down and watched as the MCs led them to the next game for the meat. He slyly took a piece from Woohyun’s plate as he pretended to lean forward to listen in to Hyungdon. As he chewed, he heard that they were going to bet the entire table of meat. All the members started to get excited and waited for the type of game to be announced. When they heard that it was rock-paper-scissors, Dongwoo immediately groaned. He was terrible at this game, and everyone knew it.

            The first people to lose though were Hoya, Woohyun, and Sungyeol. Sungyeol was a bit devastated that he lost, since he was actually pretty hungry that day. He took a glance at the PDs and saw his manager gesture for him to get up. He suddenly remembered that whoever won got to pick someone to share it with. He glanced up and was about to go behind Sunggyu to try and get him to share with him if he won, but then, looking back at the manager, he also remembered that he was supposed to be promoting “Myungyeol”.

            Sungyeol stood up and went behind Myungsoo, whispering ‘rock’ to him. He knew that being this close to Myungsoo was going to make the fans happy, plus he was close to Myungsoo anyway. He was sure that Myungsoo was going to share with him if he won.

            It was a three-way tie, and the members had to go again. Sungyeol whispered ‘rock’ to Myungsoo again, and he ended up helping him eliminate Sungjong. The minute he saw that Sungyeol helped him win, Myungsoo got excited and turned to face him right away. He smiled, and as the other members were getting excited themselves, he put his arm around Sungyeol, bringing him closer to him. Sungyeol told him to put ‘rock’ again, but Myungsoo was a bit skeptical about it. However, he trusted Sungyeol, so when everyone calmed down, he was already set on putting rock again.

            Unfortunately, Sunggyu and Dongwoo put ‘paper’, causing Myungsoo to lose. As soon as he lost, a little part of his heart died, knowing that he didn’t win the meat, but when he turned around, he saw Sungyeol on his knees in front of him pleading for forgiveness. The sight stirred something in him, and he took Sungyeol’s shirt in his hands. Myungsoo only held him lightly, but knowing Sungyeol, he acted as if Myungsoo was holding him into a death grip. The act had made Myungsoo smile, and so he took it a bit further, knowing that he could get away with it by saying that it was for the fans.

            He pushed Sungyeol down and straddled him, playing with the elder’s hands a bit before getting up quickly to continue the show. He didn’t dare look in Sungyeol’s eyes, and he knew that his face was going to start getting red really soon. He stood around Sungyeol, looking down at the ground, as Sungyeol hadn’t gotten up off the ground at all. He was a bit disappointed that he wasn’t going to get to eat the meat, but he was happy that Sungyeol had chosen him to ‘help’ out. He went back to sit in his seat when he saw Sungyeol stand up, so as he waited for the elder to sit down next to him, he watched as the game was about to start again. However, instead of Sungyeol going back to sit down next to him, Myungsoo saw that Sungyeol started to try and help out Sunggyu. Myungsoo’s face started to get red, and he was really glad that there were people blocking him from the camera at the moment. He knew it was childish, but he had thought that Sungyeol was only his partner. Memories from that morning came back, and Myungsoo went back to his ‘L’ persona and just watched the game finish silently without any reactions. He smirked a bit when he saw that Sunggyu lost, but his eyes followed the leader to find him sitting on the ground while Sungyeol was talking to him. Something about a ‘Sorry, I promise to make it up!’ something that Myungsoo hadn’t heard Sungyeol say to him.

            Myungsoo knew that he was being childish at the moment, but it just bothered him. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, or the fact that he hasn’t been able to confess to Sungyeol yet, or maybe it was the sight of Sunggyu sticking his tongue down Sungyeol’s throat that morning that turned him into this mess. Either way, when they finished recording and got into the car to go off to record for Music Bank, he held onto Sungyeol’s hand and pretended to fall asleep on his shoulder.

            In the car, Woohyun looked down at his hands and was kind of disappointed to see them empty of Sungyeol’s hand. It suddenly felt like the younger no longer needed him. Recording Weekly Idol wasn’t the best experience for him that day, but he did notice the change in Sungyeol’s attitude. He knew the difference between Sungyeol being happy and Sungyeol pretending to be happy. For the first time in a while, Sungyeol wasn’t pretending.

            And probably for the first time ever, Sungyeol sincerely fell asleep from pure fatigue on Woohyun’s shoulder. This time it was not from being sad. This time the poor guy was just sleepy, and Woohyun knew that he would do anything to keep Sungyeol this happy all the time. He stared at the younger as he fell asleep with a smile on his face. Woohyun used his other hand to pat Sungyeol’s hair softly before he turned his head to look outside the window.

            I’d do anything to keep you this happy.