20

what is infinite

            Sungyeol was surprised, shocked, and somewhat ecstatic. It was maybe as simple as that. He had probably dreamt of this moment ever since he first saw Sunggyu and was introduced to the rest of the members as the last member of Infinite. He couldn’t tell if this was a dream or real, but he really wished that it was real.

            Sunggyu’s lips were soft, and as Sungyeol leaned forward into the kiss, he felt as if he was in heaven. Sunggyu’s lips moved against his, one hand was on Sungyeol’s cheek, and the other hand was on his knee. Sungyeol, on the other hand, had no idea where to put his hands.

            Sungyeol felt something wet move across his bottom lip, and he suddenly stiffened up. He had never done this before, and he was still surprised that Sunggyu was kissing him. However, Sunggyu just moved his other hand off of Sungyeol’s knee and put it on Sungyeol’s other cheek, leaning in closer and making Sungyeol gasp a bit, allowing his tongue to travel inside of Sungyeol’s mouth.

            When Sunggyu had leaned back because he was running out of air, it seemed like Sungyeol didn’t want to stop the kiss, so he let out a little whine. Sunggyu looked at Sungyeol, and their eyes met for a second. Sungyeol felt his face get red, and he immediately looked down back at the ground. Sunggyu chuckled softly at the sight. He didn’t know that Sungyeol could blush that hard.

            The two stayed in silence for a bit, neither of them really knowing what to say. They stole glances at each other a few times, and whenever their eyes met, Sungyeol would blush, and Sunggyu would just smile at the younger. He didn’t know if this counted as a confession, but knowing that Sunggyu was not very good at expressing his feelings and being romantic, Sungyeol decided that this was probably the closest he could get from the leader. Sungyeol traced circles onto the ground, still a bit embarrassed that he had practically whined when Sunggyu pulled away from him. He put his fingers against his lips, and he could feel his face heat up again from the memory.

            Suddenly Sunggyu let out a little shout, making Sungyeol jump in surprise.

            “Look at the time! We have to wake up the members and get ready! It’s already 6, and we have to be at the salon at 7!” Sunggyu exclaimed, trying to sound as normal as he could.

            He stood up quickly, Sungyeol following suit, and they both took a secret glance at each other before rushing into the other members’ rooms to wake them up.

            Sunggyu went to wake up Sungjong, Hoya, and Dongwoo, while Sungyeol went to wake up Myungsoo and Woohyun.

            Sungyeol thought that Myungsoo would’ve been the hardest to wake up, but once he walked into the room, Myungsoo was already ready. Sungyeol was a bit surprised. Usually Myungsoo would stay in bed until someone practically forced him to get up.

            Myungsoo was sitting on his bed, wearing a black cardigan with a white shirt and black jeans. It was Myungsoo’s typical clothing, even though he knew that the stylist would give him different clothes for their schedule. The younger was staring at the ground, not even looking up when Sungyeol opened the door.

            “Myungsoo, you’re already ready?” Sungyeol asked. He thought that Myungsoo must have not heard him come in, because Myungsoo would usually greet Sungyeol whenever the door opened, even if it was someone else that came into the room instead. He would usually just call out Sungyeol’s name whenever the door opened.

            It took a few seconds for Myungsoo to reply to Sungyeol. He heard the younger take a deep breath before looking up at him and giving him a smile.

            “Yeah,” he heard Myungsoo say, his voice a bit raspy, “I woke up early today.”

            Sungyeol raised his eyebrow, a bit worried that Myungsoo’s voice was a bit different this morning. He hoped that it was just because it was early in the morning. He didn’t want his best friend to be getting sick.

            “Ok,” Sungyeol replied. He pointed to Woohyun’s door and told Myungsoo that he’d be right back after waking up the elder. Myungsoo just nodded again before going back to staring at the ground.

            Once all of the members got into the car, everyone could feel that the tension from before was gone. Everyone seemed to be happy that morning.

            “Hey, did you and Sunggyu finally make up?” Dongwoo asked Sungyeol, turning around in his car seat.

            Sungyeol just nodded, and Dongwoo squealed.

            “Finally! We can finally have a peaceful group again! You know we were starting to lose our 99.9% sync title because of you two, right? Don’t you dare ever fight again! No other members can have an argument either,” Dongwoo babbled on.

            Although it sounded like he was giving orders and scolding the two members, Dongwoo had a big smile on his face. He was so glad to see that Sunggyu and Sungyeol were no longer fighting. He wondered when they had the time to make up, but it didn’t really matter to him as long as the two of them made up.

            Dongwoo leaned into Hoya’s shoulder and hugged his arm happily before closing his eyes. He took a deep breath and sighed.

            “I can finally sleep now,” Dongwoo muttered.

            Hoya smiled at the elder on his arm.

            “It doesn’t take that long for us to arrive at the salon, Dongwoo,” Hoya whispered.           

            Dongwoo pouted with his eyes still closed and just squirmed closer to Hoya.

            “Just let me sleep,” he mumbled.

            Sungyeol looked up at the rearview mirror and could see Sunggyu’s eyes looking there too. Their eyes met for a moment before Sunggyu glanced back at the younger from his seat. It made Sungyeol blush again, and the younger looked down at his hands. Sunggyu smiled before leaning back into his seat. He closed his eyes, happy.

            Now I can get a peaceful sleep too.

            Woohyun watched Sungyeol as the younger blushed, and he wondered what was making him blush so much. He decided to not think too much of it and was just glad that Sunggyu and Sungyeol made up. He didn’t know what he would do if Sungyeol cried in front of him again. The night before, he was incredibly close to confessing. He didn’t want Sungyeol to ever push him away, so if being his confidant was what let him be close to Sungyeol, then he was ok with it. For now.