28

what is infinite

            The next morning, everyone woke up tired. They grumbled complaints about having to wake up early, even though only Myungsoo and Sunggyu had a schedule, and they all tried to make the other cook breakfast for them.

            Woohyun, as always, ended up making breakfast, feeling better than he did the day before. Sungyeol was giving him more attention, but Woohyun tried not to give himself false hopes. Sungyeol was still with Sunggyu—Woohyun knew that, even if Sunggyu didn’t know that himself. Even with so much of Sungyeol’s attention the day before, he still felt as if Sungyeol would rather be spending his time with Sunggyu, which wasn’t that true. Sungyeol, being Sungyeol, didn’t really have a preference as to who he spent his time with. But Woohyun tricked himself into believing that Sungyeol would rather be with Sunggyu. At least if he believed that, it would be easier for him to try and forget his feelings for Sungyeol. It was much better than hurting himself trying to believe that Sungyeol actually cared for him in a romantic way.

            Woohyun placed Sungyeol’s bowl of food down in front of the younger and felt his heart ache when Sungyeol looked up at him and smiled. Woohyun proceeded to walk to his seat in front of Sungyeol after handing the rest of the members’ their food. He watched as Sungyeol occasionally glanced back at Sunggyu with a worried look. When he caught Woohyun’s eye, he just shrugged with one of his chopsticks in his mouth. After that, he continued to stare at Sunggyu as the leader ignored his gaze. Eventually Sunggyu broke down whatever act he was trying to do and ended up smiling and blushing at Sungyeol, causing Woohyun to look down at his bowl, and believe that it really was better if he had just threw away his feelings.

            If I could throw away my heart, I would too, he thought.

            He heard Sungyeol laugh, and Woohyun quickly picked up his chopsticks, stuffing the inside of his mouth with a clump of rice. He stared at the bowl of sides that he prepared for the members, not caring to listen to the conversations being held by the others surrounding him. He chewed breathing through his nose and put down his chopsticks. He heard Sungyeol giggle again towards Sunggyu’s direction and heard Sunggyu’s quiet chuckles soon after.

            Woohyun swallowed and laughed, softly and bitterly.

            Too bad my heart’s already with someone who doesn’t want it.

            After their short breakfast together, the members began to go their separate ways. Myungsoo was getting ready to leave for his filming, Sunggyu was getting ready for his recording, Woohyun decided to go to the gym—with Hoya following him to make sure he doesn’t overwork himself, not that Woohyun knows that—Dongwoo went back to sleep, and Sungjong and Sungyeol were sitting on the ground next to the couch watching a drama on the TV.

            Myungsoo stood by the door, waiting for Jungryul to come and take him and Sunggyu to their schedules. He stared at Sungyeol’s figure as the elder layed down on the ground, putting his head on a pillow that he put on Sungjong’s lap. He chuckled at the annoyed look on the youngest’s face. Myungsoo was sure that he’d appreciate Sungyeol’s lazy skin ship much more than Sungjong did. He looked up and found Sungjong’s eyes catch his.

            ‘Take his away from me,’ Sungjong jokingly mouthed out.

            Myungsoo glanced to his side and saw Sunggyu watching Sungyeol with endearing eyes. He frowned lightly, turning back to Sungjong, who was starting to whine about how heavy Sungyeol’s head was. 

            ‘I can’t,’ he mouthed out to the younger.

            Sungjong raised his eyebrow, confused at Myungsoo’s answer. He was just joking. Myungsoo couldn’t have taken it seriously right?

            Sungjong looked down at Sungyeol and kicked his knee up, making the elder’s head jump up.

            “Hey, Sungjong!! You can’t do that to me! Respect your elders!” Sungyeol yelled out.

            Sungjong stuck his tongue out and stood up, making Sungyeol sit up against the couch again.

            “I’m going to go to sleep. Sungyeol, find another pillow, you elderly person,” he stated sarcastically. He smiled, knowing that Sungyeol wouldn’t sleep alone. Sungyeol would follow either Sunggyu or Myungsoo to their schedule. Walking to his room, he wondered which one Sungyeol would choose.

            Woohyun, being the soft, idiot he was, was probably already out of the running. Sungjong sighed as he opened the door to his room.

            Poor Woohyun, he thought.

            Just as Sungjong had predicted, after a few seconds Sungyeol was bothering Sunggyu and Myungsoo about having nothing to do that day. Being the prideful person he was, he wanted to be invited to come with someone on their schedule instead of having to ask. He sat in the middle of the two, Myungsoo at the door, Sunggyu on the dinner table and Sungyeol in between on the counter by the kitchen.

            “You two are so lucky that you two have things to do today. Woohyun and Hoya went to the gym already and Dongwoo and Sungjong went to sleep. I’m going to have no one to be with once you guys leave,” he said, pouting, waiting for one of them to feel bad and invite him to go with them.

            Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol, smiling because he knew exactly what Sungyeol was trying to do. He’s seen Sungyeol do this way too many times before while he was filming for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band and when Hoya was filming Reply 1997. Sungyeol never liked being alone in the dorms anyway. Just as Myungsoo was about to give in to Sungyeol’s cute, pouty face, he heard Sunggyu beat him to it.

            “Sungyeol, why don’t you come with me to recording today? Maybe my vocal teacher could give you some tips so you could get more lines on the next album,” Sunggyu offered, making Myungsoo open his mouth in slight shock. Sunggyu never invited anyone to his recordings and his vocal teacher was usually only for him and Woohyun as main vocalists. Sunggyu always waited until someone asked him to go to his recordings with him. That’s what had happened when he had his first solo album, and that was one of the reasons why Sungyeol never went to any of Sunggyu’s recordings before. The two of them had the same stubborn pride.

            Myungsoo closed his mouth as he watched Sungyeol’s eyes light up. He glared slightly at the ground after hearing Sungyeol squeal in happiness. He heard some movement, knowing that Sungyeol was probably running around being incredibly excited but when he looked up all he could see was Sungyeol wrapped in Sunggyu’s arms.