10

what is infinite

            Sunggyu slept in Woohyun’s room that night.

            Woohyun knew that Sunggyu wasn’t going to listen to him so he just moved closer to the wall to make room for Sunggyu on his bed. He knew that Sunggyu wasn’t going to go back to his room with Sungyeol and Myungsoo that night no matter what. Having roomed with the leader for the past few years taught him at least that much.

            Although Sunggyu nagged often, he didn’t scold them that harshly. If he did, then it meant that he was really disappointed. Looking at Sunggyu’s face when he had come home, Woohyun knew that the leader was still angry.        

            He felt his bed sink down the other way and he figure that Sunggyu was sitting on his bed. He didn’t lie down though. Woohyun watched as Sunggyu just sat there, staring at the door. He had to have walked through his room with Sungyeol and Myungsoo to have gotten to Woohyun’s room, and he was surprised that the elder had the restraint to do that. He was shocked that the elder’s anger hadn’t flared up again at the sight of Sungyeol, which was something Sunggyu often did. His temper wasn’t something so easy to control.

            He was glad it didn’t flare up again though.

            Woohyun scooted closer to the wall, thinking that Sunggyu probably wanted more room on the bed. However, Sunggyu stopped him by putting a hand on his shoulder.

            “Don’t.”

            Woohyun nodded slowly, understanding what his best friend wanted.

            He waited for Sunggyu to finally lie down on the bed and face away from Woohyun. Woohyun wrapped his arm around his best friend tightly, knowing that Sunggyu didn’t want to feel alone that night.

            What surprised Woohyun the most was that he woke up in the middle of the night with a tear-stained sleeve.

***

            Sunggyu woke up that morning alone. It was still dark in the room, since there were no windows, but it felt darker than usual nonetheless.

            He got up, wondering what time it was, and then how Woohyun could figure out time from in there. He leaned over to grab his phone from the nightstand, learning that it was 5AM.

            He got up off of the bed and walked towards the door. He paused with his hand on the doorknob remembering that he didn’t want to see Sungyeol at the moment. He didn’t know what other stupid words could come out of his mouth, and he didn’t know what stupid words would come from the younger either. He just didn’t want to get into another fight.

            The leader stood in front of the door for a while, listening for any signs of the members in Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s room. Luckily, there wasn’t any sign of anyone in his room, so he slowly opened the door, hoping that he wasn’t wrong and that there really wasn’t anyone in that room.

            No one was, and he exhaled, relieved.

            Sunggyu made his way out into the living room to see the rest of the members walking around, getting ready for the day. First, they would have to go to the salon, then to record for Music Bank, two interviews, and lastly, they had to go to the practice room until the late hours of the night.

            Looking around at the tired faces of s, he suddenly felt bad for scolding Sungyeol the day before. Maybe Sungyeol was just tired. He probably shouldn’t have blamed Sungyeol for acting out.

            However, when he saw Sungyeol sitting at the table, not getting ready, his temper flared up again.

            He wasn’t even getting ready? Does he want us all to be late? Why is he trying to make things so hard for me?!

            He could feel himself frown, and Sunggyu sighed because of it. He didn’t want to get into another argument; he really didn’t. So he looked away and started to get ready himself.

            Walking to the bathroom, Sunggyu stared at the ground, suddenly feeling bad again.

            Am I just overreacting?

***

            “Come on Sungyeol. Let’s go get ready,” Myungsoo whispered to Sungyeol.

            He looked up to see Myungsoo’s worried visage, and he rubbed his eyes again, wondering how Myungsoo could still worry so much about him after all of these years. Myungsoo smiled slightly at the elder and put his hand on his shoulder.

            “We have a big day ahead of us, Sungyeol.”

            That day surprisingly wasn’t as tiring as the days before were, so by the time, the last interview was done; everyone was still pretty hyper despite the slight tension between Sunggyu and the rest of the members.

            No one showed that they were mad or angry, but no one really talked to Sunggyu that day either. Whenever Sunggyu ordered the other members to do something, the members listened and did exactly what he wanted. Only Dongwoo and Woohyun had actually talked to Sunggyu that day though, but even they didn’t feel like they could stay with Sunggyu very long.

            It was like the members had chosen sides. Sungjong and Hoya chose to stay out of everyone’s problems, like usual, and Myungsoo obviously chose to stay by Sungyeol’s side, because to Myungsoo, Sungyeol could do no wrong. Dongwoo and Woohyun were pretty neutral, but that was because Dongwoo’s a living angel, and Woohyun couldn’t decide whether he was more loyal to his best friend or the person he loved. They both felt bad for Sungyeol, but they knew that what Sunggyu said was right, even if they both thought that Sunggyu was being a little harsh.

            Either way, even though there was tension in the air between the members, they still managed to do well in their performances and smile during the interviews. Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungjong managed to find a way to forget everything and made sure to stick together instead. Myungsoo attached himself to Sungyeol once again, making sure that he doesn’t look at Sunggyu, and Woohyun moved back and forth from Sungyeol’s side to Sunggyu’s side, trying to do everything he could to make things better again.

            Everything was for the fans though, and once they were back in the practice room, they could feel Sunggyu and Sungyeol’s anger fill the air again.

            No one liked this, especially Dongwoo, who always stayed back and took care of the members when Sunggyu couldn’t. He, of all people, hated tension and the anger between the leader and Sungyeol.

            Halfway through practice, the usually happy and smiling Dongwoo was fed up. No one could practice properly, and they just kept messing up. They had to run through the song five times before they finally got through Sungjong’s verse, and that itself was unacceptable.

            “Hey!” Dongwoo yelled, stopping practice.

            “Sungyeol, Sunggyu, you two need to work things out,” he said, pointing at the two when he said their names.     

            “But—“

            “But nothing! Both of you need to stop being immature and fix your problems. We can’t be a team if you two keep fighting like this. You two have fought twice this week, twice. That’s too many times for an idol group that plans to stay together forever, alright? The rest of the members and I are going back to the dorm. You two will stay here and continue practicing or whatever. Don’t come back until you two have worked things out.”

            The rest of the members stood back in awe. Dongwoo didn’t show this side of himself often.

Either way, the rest of the members followed his leadership and left the practice room. Dongwoo explained everything to the manger and the manager agreed to his plan. He wasn’t to let Sunggyu and Sungyeol home until they fixed things between each other. They had to make up today.