25

what is infinite

            When Sungyeol woke up, he no longer felt his hand on top of Woohyun’s. In fact, when he lifted his head from the couch seat, he realized that Woohyun was nowhere to be seen. He started to panic, but then he saw that none of the other members were in the room either. He groggily rubbed his eyes.

            Where is everyone?

            He slowly stood up, getting ready to search around the dorm for the other members, when the door opened. Jungryul came in, along with the rest of Infinite. Even Woohyun was walking with them. He was smiling. It was a real smile, too. Sungyeol knew what Woohyun’s real smiles were like and this one was certainly one of them. It was a nice sight.

            “Oh, Sungyeol, you’re awake!”

            Sungyeol looked up and smiled. Sunggyu had called him. He walked up to the other members that gathered around the table in the kitchen.

            “Where’d you guys go?” he asked, his voice a little deep from sleep.

            “We were planning to wake you up to go get some porridge for Woohyun, but Woohyun woke up instead. He insisted on coming, so we decided to just let you sleep,” Dongwoo answered.

            “You should’ve woken me up too!” Sungyeol whined. He didn’t like not being with the rest of the members. He almost always misses something.

            “Yeah, but Woohyun said that you stayed up with him when he woke up in the middle of the night. You should get some rest for taking care of our tired little muscle baby,” Dongwoo said, teasing Woohyun.

            Sungyeol widened his eyes a bit, surprised that Woohyun had told the members that they had stayed up to talk. He wondered if any of them asked about what they talked about.

            Do the rest of the members know about it now?

            Sungyeol glanced over at Woohyun, and Woohyun, understanding the questioning look in Sungyeol’s eyes immediately, shook his head nonchalantly. Sungyeol looked down and then back at the member.

            So only I know about this…

            After Jungryul made sure that Woohyun was ok and that the rest of the members weren’t going to sneak off anywhere on their free day, he left. Sungyeol went to brush his teeth, and then the group ate breakfast. It was a nice, quiet time, though Sungyeol made sure that Woohyun was eating.

            Sunggyu noticed Sungyeol glancing at Woohyun multiple times since Sungyeol had woken up, and at first, he thought it was just Sungyeol bring worried, but by the end of the day, he was kind of getting tired of being ignored by the younger. He knew that Sungyeol probably wasn’t purposely ignoring him, but Sunggyu still felt a bit bad when he saw Sungyeol attempting to feed Woohyun during dinner and looking towards Woohyun every few seconds.

            As he sat at the dinner table, he realized something. He and Sungyeol weren’t something. They had never talked about it! They had both just kissed…

            Are we even in a relationship?

            Sure, they hugged and acted like they were boyfriends, but Sungyeol never really called him his boyfriend. So what were they? They didn’t even tell the other members anything. Sunggyu didn’t even know if this was something he could tell the members about. Either way, they should know, so Sungyeol and he should have talked about it. But when could they talk about it? They almost never had any alone time, and they surely wouldn’t get any alone time if Sungyeol kept watching over Woohyun.

            This can’t be some stupid game right?

            He stared at Sungyeol as the younger glanced over at Woohyun again and again. Sunggyu looked over at Myungsoo and saw a hurt look in the visual’s eyes.

            Is this what Myungsoo feels?

            Sunggyu suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over him. Should he really have accepted Sungyeol’s feelings? Would it have been better to have ignored his own feelings? No matter how different they were, Sunggyu knew the moment that he looked into Sungyeol’s eyes the day he had confessed to him, he had indeed, love him.

            Sunggyu put down his chopsticks and sighed softly.

            What am I supposed to do? I’m the leader! I should at least have a plan. I can’t have the group dynamics fall just because I don’t know how to handle my love life.

            He shook his head and shoved another spoonful of rice in his mouth, grumbling quietly about how someone should give him some attention.

            Once dinner was over, Sungjong and Dongwoo went up to do the dishes. It was their turn to do them that week. Sungjong soaped up the dishes, and Dongwoo rinsed them until they were clean, setting them on a rack to dry. The other members were either watching TV in the living room or somewhere in one of the rooms.

            “What do you think is going on with Sunggyu?” Dongwoo asked quietly, making sure that only Sungjong would be able to hear his question.

            Sungjong stopped cleaning the plate he was holding, not knowing really what to say. He knew that Dongwoo would only be asking him this because he knew that Sungjong was good at reading people. Dongwoo was good at it too, but sometimes Dongwoo didn’t know where or who to look at.

            “I-I don’t know,” Sungjong began, “I think it has something to do with Sungyeol giving all of his attention to Woohyun. Sungyeol and Sunggyu seemed really close for the past few days, and suddenly Woohyun gets sick and Sunggyu gets ignored. As childish as it sounds, maybe he’s just jealous.”

            Dongwoo was silent for a moment. He took a soapy plate and rinsed the bubble away under the water, thinking about what Sungjong had suggested. It sounded like it could be true.

            “But would Sunggyu really be jealous over that? He’s been in a bad, confusing mood all day,” he mentioned, putting away another plate.

            Sungjong chuckled bitterly. “If you think Sunggyu was bad today, you should’ve seen Myungsoo for the past two days,” he muttered.

            The dishes were done and Sungjong was already starting to walk to his room.

            Dongwoo had just barely heard what the younger had mumbled and widened his eyes. He hadn’t really been watching over Myungsoo lately. He was too distracted by being happy that Sunggyu and Sungyeol had finally made up. He remembered how Myungsoo was acting during practice, just before Woohyun had fainted. Was Myungsoo in a worse state than Woohyun and Sunggyu were? Dongwoo sighed and tried to catch up with Sungjong.

            However, Sungjong was already in his room with the door closed, lights off, and blanket over his face.