17

what is infinite

            “Why do you keep smiling, Myungsoo?!” Sungyeol screamed at his best friend, “You’re supposed to be sad!”

            Myungsoo chuckled and looked away from the elder. He put the script down and looked into Sungyeol’s eyes again. They had been practicing for two hours now, and Myungsoo still wasn’t able to stop himself from smiling at the elder.

            “Thank you,” he said.

            “W-What are you thanking me for?” Sungyeol mumbled, clearly embarrassed. He had his hand on the back of his nape, looking anywhere but at the person in front of him.

            Myungsoo leaned closer to Sungyeol and put his hand on top of Sungyeol’s knee.

            “Thanks for rehearsing with me. It means a lot.”

            Sungyeol scoffed, despite his face starting to get red.

            “I-It’s nothing,” he stuttered, “I only came because you at acting. I, umm, have to go to the bathroom now.”

            Sungyeol then got off of the bed and stumbled his way outside of their room.

            Myungsoo chuckled and watched him leave, lying down afterwards and placing his script on the nightstand next to his bed.

            And he says my acting .

            At dinner, Sunggyu sat next to the CEO and ate while looking at the other members. He noticed that Dongwoo and Hoya were not sitting next to each other, but they kept stealing glances every once in a while. Their relationship made him smile. Sometimes when he looked at them, he wished that he could find someone and be in a couple like Dongwoo and Hoya were. Thinking about that, Sungyeol’s face suddenly popped up in his mind, and he coughed a little in surprise. A small blush appeared on his face, and he slightly turned his head to look at the younger.

            It seemed like Sungyeol and Myungsoo had completely made up now. Sungyeol was laughing every once in a while and poking Myungsoo’s cheeks when they were filled with food. He wondered whether Sungyeol still thought about what had happened that night in the practice room, and he kind of hoped that Sungyeol didn’t forget it.

            Would he ever try that again?

            Sunggyu closed his eyes and threw the thought away.

            No, I can’t think like that. I can’t.

            Sunggyu glanced back to Sungyeol and Myungsoo and saw the look in Myungsoo’s eyes. Even though Myungsoo looked a little annoyed that Sungyeol kept interrupting his eating, Sunggyu could see that there was something so much more in his eyes.

            He took a peek at Sungyeol, who was starting to get back his old laugh and smile, and he felt his heart skip a beat. He immediately looked away, trying to play off the growing blush on his face as a side effect from the spicy food.

            You can’t be like this, Kim Sunggyu, he told himself again.

            After dinner, Sungyeol sat in the back of the car in between Myungsoo and Woohyun like always. Once everyone was settled into the car, Myungsoo took the opportunity to take Sungyeol’s hand in his and played with his fingers, his eyes staring at the ring he gave him. Sungyeol looked down, a bit surprised at the feeling of Myungsoo’s fingers playing with his again, and he was glad that Sungjong had told him what he did.

            Myungsoo felt like someone was staring at him so he glanced away from the ring to look up, but when he saw that Sungyeol’s eyes were on his, he quickly went back to staring at the ring on Sungyeol’s hand. He felt his face burn up a bit. Sungyeol’s stare was not something that Myungsoo was expecting. Sungyeol had on an expression that was something between a blank, confused look and a playful glare, and it was very, very breathtaking for Myungsoo. He felt his heart beat faster, and he slowly dropped Sungyeol’s hand. He sat up straight and turned his head to look outside the window.

            After a few minutes, he finally calmed down, but he still couldn’t get Sungyeol’s expression out of his mind. He looked back at Sungyeol and saw him asleep on Woohyun’s shoulder. Woohyun was staring at Sungyeol’s sleeping face and didn’t even notice Myungsoo looking at him. Myungsoo looked away then, and he leaned forward to see if any of the other members were awake. The look on Woohyun’s face kind of bothered him, and he was again bothered that Sungyeol slept on Woohyun’s shoulder and not his. He thought that he was being childish, but he just couldn’t help the sudden frustrated feeling that flared up.

            When they finally got back to the dorm, Sunggyu was the first one out of the car. Hoya got out next, and when Sungjong got out, he placed his hands on Hoya’s shoulders and his head down behind his back. He followed the rapper as they headed to the elevator with his eyes closed. He was so very tired, and he didn’t care who leaded him into the dorm as long as he got there.

            Dongwoo pulled down his chair for Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and Woohyun to get out and then started to follow Hoya and the half-asleep Sungjong. Myungsoo was about to get out of the car, but he looked back to see Sungyeol still asleep. He saw Woohyun put his finger in front of his lips, and Woohyun mouthed that he and Sungyeol would be up in a bit.

            “You can head up first,” he whispered.

            Myungsoo glanced back at Sungyeol sleeping, and he reluctantly nodded.

            “Don’t take too long,” he murmured as he got out of the car.

            Woohyun watched Myungsoo and the other members disappear from his sight before he looked down at the sleeping member on his shoulder. He didn’t know what took over him, but he suddenly leaned over and held Sungyeol’s head gently with his hands. He moved his head off of his shoulders and leaned it back onto the car seat. He turned his body to look at Sungyeol’s face between his hands, and he just stared for a bit. His thumb graced across Sungyeol’s cheek, and he suddenly leaned forward.

            Just as his lips were about to touch Sungyeol’s, he heard someone gasp. He turned his head and saw Hoya at the car door.

            Woohyun immediately retracted his hands away from Sungyeol’s face, and he sat back in his seat. He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair, feeling so stupid for letting himself get so close to doing something he’d probably regret.

            Hoya took a step into the car and grabbed something from his seat in the car. He glanced back at Woohyun.

            “I forgot my earphones,” he mumbled.

            He stepped back with his earphones in his hand, and he glanced at Sungyeol, who was still sleeping.

            “I won’t say anything,” he stated.

            Woohyun opened his eyes and looked at Hoya with a slightly surprised look on his face.

            The ‘thank you’ that Woohyun had in the back of his throat didn’t need to be said as Hoya nodded his head, accepting the unsaid ‘thanks’.

            “It’s no problem,” Hoya said,” Just…don’t p-purge anymore…ok? I know Sungyeol wouldn’t like to know that you do that to yourself.”

            Woohyun’s eyes widened when he realized that Hoya knew about his habits. He took a look back at Sungyeol and slowly nodded his head.

            “Ok,” he whispered.

            A small smile swept across Hoya’s visage.

            “Wake him up, and we’ll all go up together, alright?”

            When the three of them walked into the dorm, there was no one in the living room. Hoya headed back to his room with Dongwoo after watching Woohyun and Sungyeol walk to their rooms. He wanted to make sure that Woohyun wouldn’t head to the bathroom again, and when he saw that Woohyun didn’t even glance towards the bathroom in the hallway, he smiled and turned to unlock the hallway bathroom. He sighed as he then opened the door to his room.

            Woohyun, you’re getting too obvious.