21

what is infinite

            Once they finished at the salon, they were given their clothes for their next schedule. Today they were going to film Weekly Idol. Many of the members were excited to come back, especially with their new section where they gave idols food for answering questions.

            “They’re probably going to give us beef! Myungsoo, aren’t you excited?” Dongwoo asked, obviously happy to be going back to the show.

            Myungsoo nodded with a smile on his face. They were still in the car on the way to the building where they would record the show, but most of the members were already excited. He glanced at Sungyeol, who was sitting next to him as always. He was holding onto his arm, as usual. He started to play with his fingers as well, and he noticed that today, Sungyeol didn’t even get bothered by his excessive skin ship. Slightly guessing the reason as to why the elder was being so carefree, the smile faded from his face. Sungyeol’s smile was a little brighter today, and he was also wearing a bit more makeup than he usually would wear for a variety show recording. He looked up and saw that Sunggyu had more makeup on today too. Myungsoo frowned slightly and held onto Sungyeol’s arm more tightly. When he glanced up, Sungyeol didn’t even seem to notice. Sungyeol was just looking up at the rearview mirror, and Myungsoo knew that Sunggyu was doing so as well.

            A small feeling of betrayal crawled up into Myungsoo’s heart. He leaned against Sungyeol and buried his face into Sungyeol’s sweater. If Sungyeol wasn’t going to notice him, then Myungsoo was going to go as far as he could today.

            They started recording for the show, and most of the members were already jumping up and down backstage in excitement, Dongwoo especially. Sunggyu wasn’t all that happy though; he always got bullied on this show. Sometimes it got to be a bit much, but he tried to convince himself that it was all fun and games.

            The MCs poked fun at his solo “failure”, but to Sunggyu, it was a bit ironic, considering that he was already preparing for his second solo album. As he was trying to explain that his solo album wasn’t a failure, he did his best to try and not spoil that he was getting a second chance.

            Myungsoo was glad that they were positioned the way they were today. He was told to sit and stand next to Sungyeol today. He really enjoyed this album promotion, because the managers just kept telling him and Sungyeol to give out more “Myungyeol”. It didn’t bother him one little bit. In fact, he was actually a bit happy. He hoped deep down inside, that Sungyeol would notice him and look at him more during this recording. The car ride to the building was an absolute disaster in Myungsoo’s mind.

            He heard the MCs make fun of Sunggyu’s makeup, and he frowned in his head. He couldn’t frown in real life of course, because the cameras might catch it, but he knew exactly why Sunggyu went a bit all out on his makeup, and no matter what the MCs said, he knew that Sungyeol did the same thing. Hyungdon looked at Sungyeol and Myungsoo just to try and show that Sunggyu was the only one with colored eye shadow to match his cardigan, but when he saw that Sungyeol had a bit too, he changed his words to say that the other members had it too, but not as much as Sunggyu. They still had to keep their concept of bullying only Sunggyu. The show got more views that way. Myungsoo made sure to show Hyungdon that he didn’t have eye shadow on. He wanted to show that he was different from Sunggyu, and that he would complement Sungyeol much better. They were standing together weren’t they?

            Once they had to do “Random Dancing” Myungsoo was the first to be eliminated. He was a bit sad, but it was alright for him. At least it was all for entertainment anyway. He smiled while watching Sungyeol dance, and when he saw him mess up his heart almost skipped a beat. He knew the fans would go crazy knowing that Sungyeol had messed up because Sungyeol mixed up his part with Myungsoo’s. It made him get a little flustered too. What bothered him a bit was watching Sunggyu and Sungyeol pull and point at each other, pretending to get into a heated argument about the positions of dance. He didn’t like how close they suddenly were to each other, and he just waited for Sungyeol to realize that he was wrong, and that he was in Myungsoo’s spot, behind Sunggyu.

            Myungsoo chuckled a bit when Sungyeol finally realized his mistake. His happiness didn’t last very long as he watched Sunggyu try to move Sungyeol out of the screen with Sungyeol pushing back a bit, trying to get a second chance.

            “Why did I go there then?” Myungsoo heard Sungyeol say.

            “Because you made a mistake!” Sunggyu yelled out.

            Because you wanted to be near Sunggyu, Myungsoo thought to himself. He was getting tired of them arguing so he just yelled for Sungyeol to get out of there and join him. Luckily the MCs just agreed and told Sungyeol to go where Myungsoo was. Once Sungyeol sat down he put his hand on Myungsoo’s knee, still talking about how he didn’t understand how he made that mistake. Myungsoo just smiled and stared at the other members, happy that it was just him and Sungyeol now, without the cameras on them.

            Again, it didn’t last very long. Sungyeol immediately got up after “BTD” started playing, and he pointed out that Sunggyu made a mistake. The two of them were smiling at each other while yelling nonsense about where their positions were for the dance. Myungsoo was getting annoyed, but he could only keep a smile on his face as the other members told Sungyeol he was wrong again and to go back with Myungsoo.

            Sungyeol did it once again, and even the MCs could sense something between them.

            “Sunggyu is doing fine, but he keeps on saying ‘Oh! He got it wrong!’” Hyungdon declared.

            Sunggyu stared at Sungyeol and put his fingers at his lips, wondering if this was happening because they had kissed this morning, or because Sungyeol was actually holding a grudge on him for being right the first time. He smiled to himself, knowing that either way; it meant that the younger was paying attention to only him. He went back to the other members and waited for the next song to start. He glanced back at Sungyeol and smiled.

            If this is how he’s going to be in a relationship, then I don’t mind at all, he thought happily as he copied the other members for the next couple of dances.