23

what is infinite

            “Let’s take a five-minute break and then run through the song one more time before we head back to the dorm, ok?” Sunggyu asked the group.

            Heavy breaths, groans, and the smell of sweat were filling the room, but everyone nodded anyway. They were all used to doing late practices. It was about 2AM now, which could be considered late or early, depending on their schedule for the next day. They had a radio show to go to later that morning though, so ending at around 2AM was late. However, with Sunggyu and Sungyeol’s fallout the past few days, they really couldn’t have afforded to go home early. Luckily, they seemed to have made up, so practice was used to make sure Sunggyu and Sungyeol didn’t mess things up with their spat. There were little places where Myungsoo and Woohyun made mistakes, but at least it wasn’t Sunggyu and Sungyeol anymore.

            Dongwoo gulped down some water before placing it on the corner of the room and getting back into formation. He wiped some sweat off of his forehead and sniffed. He was a bit tired, but it was ok because this was all for the fans anyway. He took a glance at Myungsoo, who seemed to be messing up more than usual and furrowed his eyebrows. When Sunggyu and Sungyeol were fighting, he could understand why Myungsoo would make little mistakes, because Sungyeol was his best friend, and because of their argument, Sungyeol wouldn’t sleep in the same room as him. However, their argument was over now. Myungsoo should’ve gone back to normal like Sunggyu and Sungyeol did. There shouldn’t have been so many mistakes from the visual.

            Dongwoo stared at the younger for a little bit more before he realized what Myungsoo was doing. Myungsoo was watching Sungyeol. It wasn’t like the blank staring that he usually did. He was literally watching every single of Sungyeol’s moves. Dongwoo saw Myungsoo frown, so he turned to see what the younger was looking at. To Dongwoo’s surprise, he saw Sungyeol leaning his head on Sunggyu’s shoulder, tired from practice and glad they were able to take a little break before running through the song one last time. Dongwoo wasn’t as sure as to why the sight bothered Myungsoo so much but when he looked back at Myungsoo; the visual had his eyes on him. The younger had a bit of a surprised look on his face, like he had just gotten caught but Dongwoo didn’t know if there was anything for Myungsoo to be caught doing.

            ‘Are you ok?’ Dongwoo mouthed out to him.

            Myungsoo quickly glanced back at Sungyeol before he nodded absentmindedly to Dongwoo.

            He didn’t believe it, but he knew that now wasn’t the time to ask Myungsoo what was bothering him. He’d try again when they got back to the dorm, but truthfully, he would rather make Sungyeol talk to Myungsoo. It seemed like something happened between them this time, and he shook his head a bit when Sunggyu called the group back to run through the song one more time.

            What’s happening to Infinite?

            Meanwhile Woohyun felt like he was going to faint, but he continued to dance. He had to. He knew he had been making little mistakes all day, and that was bothering him. He had to perfect the dance, especially now that Sunggyu and Sungyeol had made up. There was no reason for him to keep messing up, so why did he keep messing up?

            Was it the thought that Sungyeol wouldn’t sleep with him anymore? Sungyeol would surely go back to his room since they had obviously made up.

            Was it the possibility that Sungyeol wouldn’t need to talk and vent to him anymore? There shouldn’t be much for Sungyeol to feel bad about anymore.

            Was it the terrible thought of Sungyeol not needing him anymore? …he didn’t want to think about that.

            The song was finally finished, and he was breathing hard, harder than the rest of the members, and he suddenly felt dizzy. Woohyun looked around the slightly spinning room and tried to walk to the corner to get his water bottle. Maybe he was just a bit dehydrated. However, after taking a step he turned his head to see Sungyeol giving Sunggyu a back-hug, and he out.

            What was that Woohyun? You’re such an idiot. You fainted from seeing the two of them hug? What are you going to do if they hold hands in front of you? What if they kiss in front of you? Are you going to die?

            When Woohyun woke up, all he could feel was a harsh ringing in his ears. He opened his eyes and saw himself in the dorm living room. He slowly tried to get up, taking off the towel that was on his forehead and rubbing his temples softly since his head was still hurting. He looked around, only to find the members on the floor beside him.

            “Most of them fell asleep about an hour ago,” he heard. He knew he recognized that voice. He knew he’d recognize it anywhere, so why did Woohyun have to turn to see who it was?

            Sungyeol took the towel from his hands and soaked it in some more cold water. It wasn’t until Sungyeol pushed Woohyun back on his back and put the wet towel on his forehead that Woohyun realized how hot he felt. He put a hand on his cheek and felt that it was burning up.

            “You have a fever, Woohyun. Go back to sleep. Jungryul cancelled our schedule for today. Dongwoo and Sunggyu convinced him that it was better for the group to take the day off than to have any more members faint,” Sungyeol said.

            Woohyun placed his hands together on his stomach. He squirmed a bit on the couch, trying to get more comfortable. He felt Sungyeol lean his head against his thigh, and he almost stiffened up again. However, he just relaxed more onto the couch as Sungyeol sat on the ground, resting his head on Woohyun’s leg.

            “Why weren’t you asleep, Sungyeol?” Woohyun asked. He was a bit surprised to hear how weak his voice sounded.

            “Why didn’t you tell us?”

            Woohyun blinked. What is he talking about?

            “What do you m-mean?” Woohyun stuttered.

            “Y-You were starving yourself a-and throwing up,” Sungyeol explained. His voice cracked halfway into the sentence, and Woohyun could just feel his heart breaking.

            “I-I”

            “Why didn’t you tell me that something was wrong? You just let me pour all my problems onto you, Woohyun. You should’ve told me to go to someone else or something. You could’ve at least shared some of your troubles too. I knew you skipped meals from time to time, but everyone does that once in a while. I didn’t know that you were purging too, Woohyun. Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you tell Infinite?”

            Woohyun sat up and took off the towel from his forehead. He turned so that there was a space on the couch next to him. He patted the seat he cleared out.

            “Come up here, Sungyeol,” he began.

            Sungyeol looked up, a little worry in his eyes seeing that Woohyun had gotten up. His face was really red, and his eyes looked so tired, but Sungyeol got up and sat next to Woohyun anyway. He knew that Woohyun wouldn’t say anything more until he did.

            He sat up on the couch and faced Woohyun.

            “Why? Why did you hide this all from me? Don’t you trust me?” he whispered, remembering that the members were still sleeping.

            Woohyun looked at the younger and sighed.

            “I-I’ll tell you everything,” Woohyun said.