15

what is infinite

            The photo shoot proved to be good for everyone’s nerves, and once they had gotten into the car, the members seemed to be much calmer. Myungsoo lay on Sungyeol again and played with the ring on his finger, Sungyeol leaned onto Myungsoo’s shoulder for once and watched the other members mess around, Woohyun and Dongwoo started to randomly sing and make a bunch of noises, Sungjong started to laugh as Hoya tried to quiet the two down, and Sunggyu just watched them from the mirror and smiled.

            Sunggyu and Sungyeol didn’t make eye contact the entire ride home though, and though neither of them would ever admit it, it silently hurt the both of them.

            After the photo shoots, they had a free night to themselves. Though they had laughed and seemed to be very happy in the car, once they got off and were back into the dorm, everyone seemed to drift away from each other again.

            Woohyun decided to make dinner, since it was a rare occasion for them to have enough time to make dinner on a day with schedules, and Sungyeol stayed in kitchen to watch him cook, since he couldn’t really cook himself. He just wanted something to do, something to think about—anything to get his mind off of him.

            Myungsoo was sitting in the living room with his camera, never straying too far away from Sungyeol, even if the elder doesn’t really notice that Myungsoo’s always around. Hoya went into his room with Dongwoo, and Sungjong was sprawled on his bed in his room. Sunggyu went to his own room as well, but no one knew it was because there was no other place for him to go that wouldn’t have him hearing Sungyeol laughing with Woohyun in the kitchen.

            Tension started to fill the air again as the members spent the hour before dinner apart, and when Woohyun called everyone else outside to the dinner table, many of them came out with a somber look on their face.

            At dinner, Hoya made sure to watch Woohyun, and he saw that once in a while, Woohyun would pick up his chopsticks and look at his food, but then he would glance over at all of the members, look at himself, and set them down again. It angered Hoya a bit that Woohyun would do this to himself. He was obviously comparing himself to the other members, and there was no reason for him to do that.

            He finally looked away from Woohyun when he felt a slight pressure on his knee.

It was Dongwoo.

            “Are you ok?” he whispered, “You aren’t eating.”

            Hoya hadn’t even realized that he himself wasn’t eating. He looked at Dongwoo and feigned a smile. He picked up his spoon and put a big spoonful of rice and meat into his mouth, making Dongwoo raise his eyebrow but smile and turn away nonetheless.

            Dongwoo looked away and started to look at the other members, making sure that every one of them had at least something in their mouths. He didn’t want something like what happened to Sungyeol and Sunggyu to happen again. They still hadn’t even made up yet, and he really didn’t want another fight to happen between the members.

            No one needs to starve, and no one needs to fight, he thought to himself as he watched Sungyeol and Sunggyu avoid each other’s eyes.

            Halfway through the dinner, Hoya had excused himself to go to the bathroom. No one seemed to bother looking up from the table, but he got a few head nods from the members. He walked past the bathroom and sneaked into one of the closets for the key to the hallway bathroom. Luckily it locked from both the outside and the inside.

            There was another bathroom near Sungyeol, Sunggyu, and Myungsoo’s room so the rest of the members would be okay, and that one was close enough to their room and the dining room that the other members would be able to hear it if Woohyun had decided to go inside to purge his dinner. If he couldn’t talk to Woohyun about what he was doing, he could at least attempt to stop it.

            He locked the hallway bathroom and put the keys in his pocket. He walked back into the dining room and was glad to see that Dongwoo was making Woohyun eat again. Sungyeol was staring at his food with his chopsticks on the table, but at least his bowl was half empty. Myungsoo wasn’t at the table, but Hoya could hear him in the kitchen getting more rice, which was something the gluttonous visual did. Sunggyu was in the same state as Sungyeol was, but Sungjong was completely finished. He was just sitting at the table waiting for everyone else to do the same. Hoya smiled knowing that Sungjong did this all of the time. He just liked being around the members, and Hoya hoped that the youngest knew that they all appreciated it.

            He looked up from the empty table when Woohyun excused himself to go to the bathroom. He watched as Woohyun walked towards the bathroom in the hallway and not towards the one near the dining room.

            When Woohyun came back a little too quickly and with a slight panic in his eyes, he gripped the keys in his pocket just a little tighter.

            “Hey, why is the bathroom locked?”

            Hoya glanced at Woohyun and was glad to see that the panic lessened.

            He shrugged his shoulders. “I think that something’s wrong with the lock. I used the other one. Just talk to the manager about it tomorrow.”

            Woohyun ran his fingers through his hair, and Hoya noticed a small frown etch across his face.

            “Ok,” Woohyun murmured.

            Woohyun walked towards the other bathroom, but Hoya knew that he wasn’t going to do anything there but stare at the mirror, flush after a few seconds, and wash his hands.

            Later that night, everyone was in their own rooms but Sungyeol. Woohyun walked into his room to find the younger sitting on the ground in front of his bed.

            “Are you still not ok with Sunggyu?” Woohyun asked quietly.

            Sungyeol continued to stare forward, and Woohyun got his answer from that. Even after Woohyun closed the door and made the entire room dark, no one moved to turn on the light. Woohyun walked over, used to the dark, and sat next to Sungyeol. He stared at him, making out Sungyeol’s body shape in the darkness, and he saw him shake his head slowly. Sungyeol rested his head on Woohyun’s shoulders and sighed. He felt Sungyeol’s frame shake a bit against his, and he shivered.

            “I don’t think we’ll ever be ok,” he whispered.