31

what is infinite

            After the horrific filming, Myungsoo was not at all ready to come back to the dorm and face Sunggyu and Sungyeol being all happy after their probably wonderful day together.

            Myungsoo couldn’t help but think that it should’ve been him and Sungyeol. It should be him with Sungyeol and not freaking Kim Sunggyu. The leader never showed interest in Sungyeol before. It was always Myungsoo, and it should’ve stayed that way.

            Slouching back into his seat in the car, the visual just continued to mope and grumble, somewhat hoping that Sungyeol and Sunggyu’s day was as disaster-like as his was. At least then he could comfort Sungyeol. At least then he could prove to Sungyeol that Sunggyu didn’t deserve him and that it was Myungsoo who should be with Sungyeol instead. At least then Myungsoo would feel like he had meant something to Sungyeol.

            It was no fair if Sungyeol was out there having an amazing day without him. They were supposed to be together. Sungyeol should’ve been with Myungsoo during filming that day, and then he wouldn’t have messed up so much and he probably would’ve gotten Sungyeol a part in the drama too.

            But none of that had happened—all because of Kim Sunggyu.

            He sighed loudly before realizing that the car had stopped in front of a café. He rubbed his eyes a little, surprised that they stopped here instead of in front of the recording studio. However his shocked expression went away and turned into a sour one as he saw Sungyeol walking out of the café with Sunggyu’s arm around him, both with a coffee in their hands.

            The visual scoffed in his seat. Did Sunggyu even like coffee?

            He rolled his eyes as the couple made their way into the car, their manager hushing them and warning them to stop making themselves so obvious. Myungsoo smirked as the two immediately got quiet. Sunggyu had to go sit next to the manager in the front like always and Myungsoo made sure to scoot as close as he could towards Sungyeol the minute he entered the car.

            As the manager was scolding Sunggyu and telling him that as the leader, he of all, people should be the most careful about going around on a date with one of his own members, Myungsoo laid his head on top of Sungyeol’s lap and made sure to sigh again, loudly.

            Sungyeol looked down at his best friend and worry entered his eyes when he saw that the younger wasn’t as happy as he usually was after filming for a drama. He even noticed Myungsoo’s eyes starting to water, and the smile he had left his visage.

            “Myungsoo, are you ok? Did something happen during filming today?” Sungyeol whispered softly, setting his coffee down in the cup-holder on the side of the car.

            Myungsoo nodded slowly.

            “Y-yeah,” he mumbled, “everything’s just fine.”

            “Hey, don’t lie to me. I can tell that something’s wrong,” Sungyeol pestered, his voice getting louder.

            The manager finally stopped chiding the leader, and Sunggyu was just about to take another sip of his coffee and turn around to let Sungyeol know that the manager was going to be alright with their relationship—which they confirmed in the café, much to the manager’s chagrin—but when he twisted his head, he saw Myungsoo’s head in Sungyeol’s lap and Sungyeol having an angry expression on his face.

            “So, the director just told you off like that?” Sungyeol asked, frustrated.

            The visual just nodded sadly, a little happy that the elder had his full attention on him now. He hoped that the manager would continue to yell at Sunggyu as well.

            “Oh, where’s filming going to be tomorrow? I’m going to hit him and show him who’s boss!”

            Myungsoo chuckled bitterly, “No, Sungyeol, you don’t have to do that. H-He already told me not to come back.”

            Sungyeol’s eyes just widened even further and as Jungryul finally started to drive he was pushed a little closer to Myungsoo’s face in his lap when the manager made a sudden stop in front of a light.

            “Are you serious?” he hissed, “Don’t worry then, Myungsoo! I’m sure that drama will fail without you in it!”

            Myungsoo smiled and brought his hand above Sungyeol’s head, moving his face a little closer to his without the elder actually realizing it. He was happy with Sungyeol so close to him, his lips so close to his, his eyes only looking at his.

            “I’m glad I have you, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo whispered.

            Sungyeol blushed immediately and retracted his back a little so that his head touched the cushion of his seat again. He hadn’t expected Myungsoo to react to his words like that, and he was immediately reminded of how close he and Sunggyu’s faces were in the café when Sunggyu had asked him to officially be his boyfriend.

            Myungsoo, however, was a little bothered by Sungyeol’s reaction. But the blush he saw on Sungyeol’s face made him proud nonetheless. His looks still haven’t lost their purpose, he figured. He told himself that Sungyeol’s blush was due to his words and nothing more.

            The visual then proceeded to sit up and lean against Sungyeol’s body again.

            “Sungyeol,” he began.

            The elder looked down to see what Myungsoo wanted, and Myungsoo just snuggled closer to him.

            “Why don’t we have another one of our old nightly talks again tonight?” he asked, “let’s go to the practice room after dinner.”

            “Why don’t we just have it in our bedroom like always?”

            Myungsoo looked towards the rear view mirror, knowing that Sunggyu was watching them, and looked straight into the leader’s eyes, smirking.

            “I have something important to tell you tonight, Sungyeol.”