School.

Summer Love.

"Are you sure about this? Isn't this too ostentatious?" Myungsoo asked, holding Ji Min's hand tightly.

"It is, but we can't do anything about this. It would be too rude to decline appa," Ji Min replied.

Myungsoo was nervous. Hell, he was more than nervous. He was scared less. What was he doing in a limousine with Ji Min in the first place anyway? He could only sigh. What would his schoolmates think when they see him exiting a limousine? And not only that, but Ji Min's father had promised to meet them inside Oedae's gates.

At first, Myungsoo thought it was impossible, since visitors aren't really allowed. But when Ji Min and her father explained that Mr Jung was an alumni, one of the school governors, and is the one who donates the most to the school, Myungsoo could only gape.

And not only that, but Mr Jung had offered him a ride in their limo, instead of having Myungsoo ride the train to North Seoul.

And also, Ji Min was with him.

Well, Ji Min wasn't supposed to be with him as classes at Il Jung have started already. Well all the other schools have started with their classes already. Oedae starts a week later. Although students are expected to come to school a week earlier before classes starts.

But of course, after much convincing from Mr and Mrs Jung, Ji Min had to send her boyfriend off at his school. She couldn't even see the point of it. It was weird. She had to miss her first day of class for him. But of course, she wasn't really complaining. She liked it a bit. Well, not maybe a bit. But yeah, okay, she liked it very much.

And...she could finally get a glimpse of what's inside Oedae.

The limousine finally stopped, snapping Ji Min and Myungsoo from their own thoughts.

A few moments later, the door had been opened by the driver.

Myungsoo got out first, since it was his side of the door that had been opened.

He offered his hand to Ji Min like a true gentleman would, and helped her out.

This whole scene was witnessed by, probably, 1/4 of the school's population. As not every student has arrived yet.

Myungsoo kept Ji Min close to him as she followed a few feet behind him. Although their hands were still intertwined. They both walked towards the school entrance, where the students made way for them, like the red sea parting.

"L?!" someone had yelled from behind.

Myungsoo instinctively turned his head to look for the owner of the voice. And when he found him, he gave a smile.

Ji Min looked at the person Myungsoo was looking at and couldn't help but smile herself.

"Sungyeol sshi!" Ji Min exclaimed.

Sungyeol came running to the both of them. He hugged Myungsoo first and fist bumped with him. Next, he hugged Ji Min, and after Ji Min gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, how are you two? Wow, so you're really, really dating? I saw the news! It was the bomb! Anyway, what are you two doing here? Wow, Ji Min you got in here! Haha, that's funny. This is a boys' school. And wow, I saw you two get down from the limousine. Wow, Myungsoo ah, you're so cool! You're the man, yo!" Sungyeol said all in one breath.

Ji Min and Myungsoo blinked at Sungyeol.

"Wow, Yeol...I didn't catch a word--at all," Myungsoo said.

"Me too," Ji Min added and then shrugged.

"What? What? Did you know how much effort I put into it? Saying it without breathing!? Oh gosh, nevermind!" Sungyeol whined and palmed his forehead. "What are you doing here, Ji Min ah?"

"I'm here to send off Myungsoo. My appa insisted," Ji Min said.

"Ahh," Sungyeol mumbled. "I don't know what happened with rules though, but you're not the only one to send off their boyfriend here."

"Eh?" Ji Min uttered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Myungsoo puzzled.

"I mean, when I got here, I saw, uhh, our friend, one of our old roommate, well, I think he's still going to be our roommate since I signed up our names in one room...Okay, where was I? Oh yeah, I saw our roommate, got touchy touchy with a girl outside the gates, then she sent him off. Hehe," Sungyeol said and finished off with a mischievous giggle.

"Roommate, who?" Myungsoo asked.

"Seeeeeecreeeet!" Sungyeol teased.

"Ahhh, nevermind, Yeol!" Myungsoo said, shaking his head.

"Hehehehehe," Sungyeol giggled. "I played the matchmaker. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't have gone together."

Sungyeol then skipped away happily, leaving Myungsoo and Ji Min puzzled over Sungyeol's childishness, although he was normally that way, there was something at that time that Sungyeol was extra childish.

"Don't mind him," Myungsoo said as he put an arm around Ji Min's shoulders and the two of them started to walk to the main office, where Mr Jung said he would be waiting. "He's always like that."

But before Myungsoo and Ji Min could even walk far away, someone had called Myungsoo again.

Myungsoo and Ji Min turned to look at the person and saw that it was Dongwoo.

"Oh, hey," both Myungsoo and Ji Min greeted him at the same time.

"Hi," Dongwoo said with a smile as he paced towards them.

Myungsoo tilted his head in confusion. There was something with the smile and the way Dongwoo was that puzzled him. He wasn't really the one to smile. Or call somebody in the middle of the hallway. Heck, he has never called on to somebody. Dongwoo has changed. And it was really fishy.

"Have you seen Sungyeol?" Dongwoo immediately asked.

"Huh?" Myungsoo said as he snapped out of his thoughts. He didn't quite catch what Dongwoo had just said.

"He went that way," Ji Min answered and pointed to the direction where Sungyeol had disappeared.

"Oh, thanks," Dongwoo said and went off. But then he stopped on his tracks and went back to Ji Min who was trying to snap Myungsoo out of his thoughts again.

"Wait, uhh, did Sungyeol say anything to you?" Dongwoo asked cautiously.

"About?" Ji Min asked, as Myungsoo was still in a daze.

"Oh, nothing. Anyway, welcome to Oedae," he said then ran off to the direction where Ji Min had pointed.

When he was gone, Ji Min looked at Myungsoo who was looking at the direction where Dongwoo had disappeared too.

Ji Min shook Myungsoo, but he still wouldn't budge. She finally got pissed and snapped her fingers in front of his face, causing him to blink rapidly and finally snap out of his thoughts.

"What?" Myungsoo asked confused.

"You were spacing out," Ji Min answered in an irritated tone. "Why? What were you thinking about? You completely ignored your friend."

"Ah, Dongwoo?" Myungsoo said. "I was thinking about him. He's seriously fishy. You know...argh! He's so weird. He never really smiles. Or greets someone first. He's just...so weird."

"Maybe he changed in the summer," Ji Min said, the two of them began to walk again, ignoring the stares of some of the boys in the hallway.

"Don't you think the summer is a short period of time to change?" Myungsoo puzzled.

"Well maybe, but maybe, he found himself a--OH MY GOD!" Ji Min cut herself. "Do you remember what Sungyeol said? He found a roommate--"

"--being all touchy touchy with a girl outside? Yeah? OH NO! It couldn't be..." Myungsoo mumbled.

"It could be!" Ji Min insisted.

"Woah...never thought Dongwoo was like that," Myungsoo commented.

"Oh my god! I have something to tell my friends at Il Jung," Ji Min said, mostly to herself and giggled evily.

"Ya, you gossip?" Myungsoo asked incredulously.

"Girls doooo! And some boys even gossip more than girls do," Ji Min defended.

"But we're telling the truth when we talk about someone behind their back, therefore it isn't gossip. Gossips are...well, sometimes, false," Myungsoo replied.

"Well, it isn't gossip if it's true then. So I don't gossip. And I haven't really had friends to gossip with," Ji Min said.

"Hmm, whatever..." Myungsoo said as he chuckled, then he stopped as the two of them faced a door which was labeled as "meeting room". "We're here."

Myungsoo knocked on the door before entering.

He pulled Ji Min along with him and closed the door behind them. He straightened himself as he was face to face with the school's principal, the guidance counselor, the disciplinarian, two people Myungsoo had never met and Mr Jung.

The two of them bowed politely before they were gestured to sit on the space left for them.

"Welcome back to Oedae, Mr Kim," the principal started.

Myungsoo bowed his head in acknowledgement.

"Okay, Mr Jung, if you please," the principal then said.

"As everybody knows in this room, Ji Min here had finally made her public debut along with Myungsoo," Mr Jung introduced Ji Min, who bowed her head. "Anyway, before the two of you got here--" he gestures at Myungsoo and Ji Min "--we have discussed about Myungsoo's well being since he had also been exposed to the public. So, Myungsoo, your parents have allowed you to be guarded when you go out of the school during weekends. And if you allow that, then we have a deal. As for Ji Min, I heard that you two had decided to meet during the weekends if it allows, well, I have allowed Ji Min. I have also heard that you two would partner up during the Sophomore ball, so, I have gotten everything under control and have also sponsored the ball."

"Ahh, thank you, sir," Myungsoo bowed his head again, this time in gratefulness.

"That's no problem," Mr Jung dismissed with a slight chuckle. "Soon you'll be calling me 'appa', or 'abeonim'."

Myungsoo and Ji Min flinched and froze. Gosh, why are their parents always talking or mentioning a future marriage.

But the both of them really couldn't say anything in front of all these people. It would be rude.

"Dismissed," the principal said.

The adults had hurried out of the room first, and Myungsoo and Ji Min remained.

, what have I gotten myself into, Myungsoo thought.

He was not really regretting, but he was doubting the relationship already. He just had a rich girl for a girlfriend and he had gotten himself into something he would have never achieved on his own. Not only that, along with the girlfriend were responsibilities and expectations. His parents didn't mind because it was good for them and for Myungsoo. But Myungsoo didn't really want this. He wanted a simple life. He didn't want to own a company. Or be a co-owner. He didn't want to marry young. He wanted to marry until he was 30 or something, or when he's done serving the army. It would be good to propose to a long time girlfriend after making it up for the two years in the army. Then it would be good to live a simple life with his wife. Not a mansion. A two story house like theirs would be good. But now, how could he achieve that? He was famous already. As the boyfriend of a rich girl that is. It didn't sound good. It didn't feel good. He loved Ji Min, but, this--the situation he was in--he didn't like it.

Meanwhile, Ji Min was feeling guilty. She felt like she had burdened Myungsoo. She wasn't ready for marriage. Yes, she was still young, but even after few years later, she still wouldn't be ready. She hasn't thought about it. She hasn't thought about getting kids. She wanted to enjoy life first. But it was impossible. Before her public debut, or even that early public debut decision had been made, she vowed to herself to travel the world first before accepting the role as an heiress. She wasn't even sure if that was what she wanted. No, she was sure of it--she didn't really want to take over the company. She wanted to see the world. She wanted to have a normal and simple life. That was how she ended up with the Kims. But it wasn't what she had expected. She fell in love. It was a good thing. But she dragged the person she loved into a mess--her life.