Sophomore Party.

Summer Love.

Months had passed and Ji Min would spend her Saturdays with Myungsoo and Sundays with her tutor. That way, Ji Min could see and keep track of Myungsoo's life. And they could spend some time together. Sure, call her clingy. But at some point, she thought she had the right to be. Since they needed to make up for the lost time they hadn't seen each other.

Of course, Ji Min had gotten to know Myungsoo's roommates more and got to spend some time with them. As Myungsoo wanted them to be together. Once, Ji Min brought Yoon Ha, Dongwoo's girlfriend, with her. And it would be a date. Sungyeol wasn't dating Eun Mi, so there wasn't really a point in bringing her. Sungyeol had been just friends with Eun Mi just to make her his partner on the Sophomore party.

A week to go and it would be the most awaited Sophomore party. Everyone had been partnered up already. To those who had girlfriends or who had asked their friends to be their partners, they didn't have to worry about it anymore. But to those who haven't asked anyone yet, they were forced to accept the partners given to them by the school's faculty. Their partners were those girls from Seoul Girls' High School who signed up for the event.

Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Hoya were sitting on a window seat of the cafe they usually go to on their weekdays. Myungsoo was waiting for Ji Min who would come with Eun Mi and Yoon Ha. It would be their last week to plan about what to do for the Sophomore party.

Meanwhile, Dongwoo and Woohyun were forced to order and pay for their drinks as they had lost a bet on the way out of Oedae.

A little while after Dongwoo and Woohyun had settled in, Ji Min and the two other girls had arrived. 

Ji Min and Yoon Ha kissed their respective boyfriends and greeted the others. Eun Mi and Sungyeol fist bumped.

The 7 of them chatted and planned what they were going to do on the night of the party.

The party was to start at 6PM and everyone would have arrived at 5:30 to 5:50 PM. 

"So, the girls arrive there by 5 or something, and then, that's it?" Sungyeol concluded.

"Yeah, pretty much it," Eun Mi seconded.

"Have you got anything to wear?" Sungyeol asked, looking at the female company they had, but mainly on Eun Mi.

Ji Min and Yoon Ha nodded and Eun Mi answered a 'yes'.

"Good," Sungyeol mumbled, relieved.

"So, how about you, two? Don't you have partners? You haven't been sharing anything to us?" Myungsoo asked at Woohyun and Hoya who seemed to be in their own worlds.

Hoya and Woohyun looked at Myungsoo and shrugged.

"I already asked my neighbor," Hoya answered first.

"I got a girl from Seoul Girls'," Woohyun said. He wasn't one of those who couldn't get a partner. He actually met this girl during one of their weekends with the students from Seoul Girls'.

It was their second weekend and they were set to meet up and spend some time with the students from Seoul Girls' so that they could be friends with each other, and might as well look for a potential partner for the Sophomore Party.

After the slight introductions, in every 5 boys from Oedae, there were 20 from Seoul Girls'. It was quite a hassle.

7 girls crowded Myungsoo. 6 to Woohyun. And two for each Hoya and Sungyeol. And one to Dongwoo, whom he actually, finally, discouraged after half an hour of trying to escape from her. Actually, some of Myungsoo and Woohyun's fan girls were from Dongwoo. He just had to turn them down because he didn't want girls to surround him, as he had a girlfriend.

Myungsoo didn't mind, since he knew there was nothing wrong. And he knew that he'd be faithful to Ji Min. But as time passed, the girls were becoming too clingy and would overthink every little 'sweet' thing Myungsoo did to them. He had to dismiss them and Woohyun was there to catch the girls.

One of those girls was Eunkyung. From the looks of her, she was born with a silver spoon, spoiled, and probably everything y is all about.

Eunkyung became Woohyun's partner as she had asked him first, and Woohyun didn't have the heart to turn down such a sweet looking girl.

After planning and finishing their drinks and snacks, the group had split up. Myungsoo and Ji Min, Yoon Ha and Dongwoo, and Sungyeol, Eun Mi with Hoya and Woohyun. They went their separate ways of having fun.

The day had to end. Ji Min had fun and she thought Myungsoo did too. 

When it was time to go, Ji Min kissed Myungsoo goodbye and she was surprised when Myungsoo deepened the kiss. It was different from the other kisses. Just different. It was the first time she and Myungsoo had kissed like that. It felt weird, but at the same time, it felt really good. She was tired from having fun all day, but the kiss made the exhaustion go away.

After breaking the kiss, Myungsoo whispered an 'I love you', with a tone Ji Min had never heard before, and kissed Ji Min's forehead.

The whole ride home, Ji Min was quiet. She was deep in thought. She couldn't erase the kiss out of her mind. No, of course, it wouldn't be easy to erase a kiss like that. It was amazing. Even if she would grow up to a hundred, she'd probably still remember the kiss.

But then, she remembered the way Myungsoo said 'I love you'. It was different from all his other I love yous. It felt like it had a meaning behind it. A deep meaning. She couldn't pinpoint what it was. She didn't know.

---

The day of the Sophomore party has arrived. Ji Min woke up around 9AM. She had her breakfast. Then she made sure everything that she needed was in order. She took a shower. And by 1PM, Eun Mi and Yoon Ha had arrived carrying their dresses with them.

They started getting ready by 1:30 PM after a while of chatting and gossiping. 

By 4:40 or something, they were done and dressed. They were on their way by 4:50 and had arrived by 5:45. 

The girls were excited as it would be their first time in an event like this.

When they had reached Oedae though, they didn't get to see their partners yet.

Ji Min, Eun Mi and Yoon Ha didn't exit the white limousine, white because Mr Jung wanted the girls to stand out among the rest and of course, true to his words, all the other limos or cars were in dark colors, yet. As Dongwoo had texted them to wait because the boys would personally pick them outside the great hall of the school.

While waiting, the girls took the time to check on their dress and make up. Everything seemed fine.

By 6 PM, someone had knocked on the limo door. It was Dongwoo. And standing behind him was Sungyeol and Myungsoo, looking as dashing as ever.

Dongwoo was in a red long sleeved polo, which matched Yoon Ha's red dress, under a black vest. He also had a black blazer and black tie on, which made him look like a modern gentleman. Well, he was.

Myungsoo was in a black long sleeved polo, and a silver tie. What he wore was almost like what he had worn during Ji Min's public debut. He also had a blazer on him. What he wore was also a match to Ji Min's dress, which was almost like what she had worn on her public debut.

Sungyeol was in a white coat, black long sleeved polo, and white pants. He had a pink bow tie though. Ji Min had spoken too soon when she mentioned that Sungyeol and Eun Mi's baby blue dress didn't match, but when Eun Mi and Sungyeol were already side by side, they matched. Sungyeol, pink and Eun Mi, baby blue. Just like that.

As soon as the girls got out of the limo and held hands with their partners, they ventured towards the big double doors toward the great hall. 

The double doors opened and revealed the great hall filled with girls and boys mingling. The boring brick walls were decorated with curtains and flowers and some other more complicated decorations.

"Wow," Eun Mi and Yoon Ha uttered in amazement. 

While Eun Mi and Yoon Ha couldn't keep their eyes off the surroundings and how everything seemed so expensive, Ji Min was eyeing the other people in the room, obviously the girls. 

Ji Min knew some of them. Well maybe most of them. Of course she would. Most of the girls in the room come from Seoul Girls' High School, daughters of rich owners of various companies.

She spotted one girl. The one girl she dreaded to meet again. She knew she'd meet her again. Their families invest on each others' business, so obviously, they'd be seeing each other again. But Ji Min didn't want it to be this soon.

The girl had spotted Ji Min too. She eyed Ji Min up and down and smirked. Then shifted her gaze to the boy beside Ji Min. The girl's face crunched up in disgust and then in disbelief. Then she scoffed her way towards Ji Min.

She stopped a foot or two away from Ji Min then scrutinized her again. Ji Min was trying her hardest to ignore her while Myungsoo, who was beside her, was busy chatting with Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungyeol.

"You know, your eyes would surely pop out if you won't stop rolling them. Not that I mind them popping out, though," Ji Min said with irritation.

"Nice to see you again, Jung," the girl said, trying to be unfazed with what Ji Min just said. "I see you got yourself a boyfriend."

"Yeah, and I see you're alone. I wonder how you got in. Oh, I forgot, that's what you're good at--trouble," Ji Min hissed.

The girl laughed although there was no hint of humor in her laugh.

"Me? No partner? You have got to be kidding me...I'm certainly sure I had a partner before you had a boyfriend," the girl hissed back, rolling her eyes again.

"Oh really? Oh, yeah, you had a partner. But then, he had to leave you. Because you stink, right?"

The girl opened to talk back, but then got interrupted by Myungsoo who wrapped Ji Min to get his attention so he could introduce her to his sunbaes.

Then Woohyun came out of nowhere.

"Oh, Eunkyung," Woohyun addressed the girl who recently got ignored.

The mention of her name, brought the other guys' and Ji Min to look at Woohyun.

"She's your partner?" Ji Min asked in disbelief.

"Why? What's the matter? You two know each other?" Woohyun asked, confused.

"I can't believe this..." Ji Min muttered, only Myungsoo had appeared to have heard her.

"What's wrong?" Myungsoo whispered at Ji Min as Woohyun began to introduce the girl to the others.

"I don't like her," Ji Min simply replied, loud enough for the others to hear. It made Woohyun stop talking.

"Ji Min!" Myungsoo hissed, the tone of his voice came out as a warning. He didn't want Ji Min's childishness, or PMS, or whatever bad mood it was to kick in and embarrass him in front of his friends.

"What? I'm serious. I told you before, I'm not the kind of person to act all fake. Unlike her," Ji Min almost yelled, sending death glares at Eunkyung.

"Not now, Ji Min," Myungsoo warned again.

Ji Min sighed heavily. She didn't want to ruin Myungsoo's mood too, so she walked away from the group, dragging a now confused Myungsoo.

But before she could get far, Ji Min warned the others who were left gaping and clueless at the scene, "Be careful of that girl. Don't get too close. She'd betray you all."

---

"What the hell was that, Ji Min?!" Myungsoo hissed at Ji Min as soon as they were far enough from the crowd.

"I'm sorry!" Ji Min apologized hysterically. "I--I lost control of my temper! She's--it's just th-that, she--she betrayed me! She's the reason why no one would really befriend me at school! She's the reason why I don't have friends! I told her stuff about our family, then she twists it into lies and it ruined me! I couldn't tell my parents because her parents and my parents are good friends! And they do business together! And if I tell them, they might not believe me! And if they do, then my parents are most probably going to lose their business! "

Ji Min looked like she was about to cry. Although Myungsoo was still pissed, he closed the gap between him and Ji Min and hugged her tightly.

"Okay...okay," he hushed her. "I'm sorry for snapping at you. I was--I was just--I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

Ji Min hugged Myungsoo back and calmed down.

When they were sure that they could handle the others, they went back to the crowd and found the others still there. Eunkyung wasn't with them though. It releived Ji Min.

"What was that?" Hoya asked as soon as Myungsoo and Ji Min were in front of them.

The Ji Min started to explain quickly, leaving some details out. Then apologized.

Woohyun didn't seem to be offended though. 

"It's alright, I don't really like her that much..." Woohyun admitted sheepishly. "That's why I didn't introduce her to you guys. And the reason why I don't really want to be by her side all the time. Not like you guys."

"Where is she, by the way?" Myungsoo had to ask.

"She left after you guys stormed off," Sungyeol answered. "But I saw her flirting with some of the students from Section B."

"I'm sorry you had to see that side of me," Ji Min apologized again. "She just brings out the very worst in me."

Myungsoo squeezed her arm in assurance.

Just then, the clinking sound of a glass and a utensil was heard and everyone stopped talking and shifted their attention to the principal who was holding a glass and a fork, standing at a podium.

"Good evening," the principal started. "Welcome guests, to Oedae High School! It is a pleasure to have you here for the annual ball in honor of the Sophomores. I don't really have anything to say, so, enjoy!"

The students cheered and the guys escorted their partners to their respective and reserved seats/tables. Ji Min clenched her fist to control herself as she knew she had to sit with Eunkyung. As she was Woohyun's partner. And Woohyun was Myungsoo's roommate. And the table arrangement was by roommates.

Ji Min didn't dare look at Eunkyung's direction. She didn't dare say anything. She controlled herself. She wasn't going to ruin Myungsoo's night, or hers. This was going to be a memorable and amazing night. She was going to be unfazed by Eunkyung.

The party had begun. Music started blasting off the speakers as a live band had played, courtesy of some seniors and juniors. Some of the guys took their partners to the dance floor. While some took them out to tour to the school garden with an hedge maze just left--connected--to the great hall.

Woohyun had taken Eunkyung to dance as he felt Eunkyung was getting intimidated by the awkward atmosphere in their table, which was mainly caused by her. Dongwoo took Yoon Ha out to a large balcony on the second floor of the hall. Sungyeol and Eun Mi were just chatting casually at their table, not minding the others. Hoya and his partner went to grab something to drink. Myungsoo and Ji Min went to stroll on the garden, deciding to play with the maze.