Something to Say.

Summer Love.

"Hey..." Ji Min said as she entered Myungsoo's room.

She found Myungsoo lying face down on his bed.

When he heard her voice, he flinched a little, but made no move to look at her or change his position.

"Myungsoo ah, are you going to ignore me?" Ji Min began as she approached Myungsoo and sat on the other side of his bed.

"Maybe..." Myungsoo answered although it came out muffled because his face was buried in his pillow.

"Until when? Til' summer ends? Because by that...I'll be going back to school," Ji Min replied. "I'll be moving out...because my parents will be returning with my little brother."

Myungsoo shot up.

"Oh," he said. "Seoul Girls'?"

"No, Il Jung. I like it there, so why would I go back to Seoul Girls'? Ha, what would people say. The daugther of JJEE's CEOs go to a public school," Ji Min said. 

"Oh...I still can't believe you're--you're, uhh, you're--argh!" Myungsoo said and buried his head on his pillow again.

"I understand," Ji Min said. "It's too much to take in. I know. I don't know if it's the same feeling, but maybe, it's like being told by your parents they're going to get a divorce...but then, you know, I told them to work things out, and they are--working things out."

Myungsoo felt the weight of the bed lessen, which meant Ji Min had stood up.

"You know, Myungsoo ah, I like you..." Ji Min said. "Not in the friendly way. But I like you."

Then she went out of his room.

Myungsoo sat up.

"Yaaaaa!" he yelled, hoping Ji Min would hear him.

But a second had passed and he didn't hear Ji Min's footsteps come back. He ran out of his room and down the hall and saw Ji Min starting to descend the steps of the stairs.

"Ya!" he said and grabbed her arm.

"Ow," Ji Min sad as Myungsoo's grip had hurt her a bit. "What is it?"

"Did--did you just say you like...me?" Myungsoo said and Ji Min nodded. "What did you mean by that?"

"I like you. You know, 'like'," Ji Min said. "Sorry if it's not the kind of confession you would hear from a girl, because, I know I'm not like other girls. I have never confessed to someone in my life. But I did get a few confessions at Il Jung, so, I got an idea on how..."

"You talk a lot, don't you?" Myungsoo mused, cutting Ji Min off her babbles.

"Yeah, I do," Ji Min said and covered . "I tend to do that a lot when I'm nervous...and guilty about something. Like this one time my mom bought a tea set from China, it was very rare, and then I broke the teacup and then the kettle, and everything started to break, and my mom was asking me who did it and she found out I did because I kept on--"

Myungsoo covered with a finger, stopping her from talking.

"You really talk a lot..." he teased.

"Yeah, because I haven't done that a lot lately too. You know, I've never told anyone about who I really am. Only your mom. We used to talk a lot before you arrived, and then when you got here, I have to shut up or else I'd spill," Ji Min stated.

"You know that I wasn't listening, right?" Myungsoo said. "You're quite four dimensional."

"I've been told," Ji Min said. "So are we talking again now?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Myungsoo answered. "Your 'confession' did the job."

"Don't get too cocky! I'm not your girlfriend," Ji Min said and went ahead of Myungsoo down the stairs.

---

"Wow, you're a badass Ji Min ah, who taught you to be like that?" Sungyeol asked as Ji Min recapped what had happened inside Myungsoo's room. Myungsoo could only cover his face with his palms.

"I have a friend at Il Jung. She taught me how to reject boys. Although she didn't tell me how to confess. But I pictured her confessing to someone, and I think she'd confess like I just did," Ji Min replied.

"So are you two together now?" Sungyeol asked.

"No, I didn't ask for a boyfriend. I just confessed," Ji Min replied. "It's not like I'd get hurt from being rejected because I wasn't. And...I only confessed. So there's no need for rejection."

"Ji Min ah..." Sungyeol said. "You must be my sister from another mother...it used to be Myungsoo, but I think he's all different when he's at school and at home."

"Oh shut up, Yeol," Myungsoo said, throwing a cushion at him.

"Hey hey hey!" Sungyeol said, covering his face.

"Noona!" Jihoo said. "Poo poo!"

"Oh," Ji Min said. "I have to potty train Jihoo, be right back."

Ji Min took Jihoo from Sungyeol and went upstairs to Jihoo's room where he was potty trained.

When Ji Min was gone, Sungyeol sat beside Myungsoo and nudged him.

"That was pretty funny. A girl beat you to confessing. Not just some girl," Sungyeol said. "So when are you planning on telling her?"

"I don't know, man," Myungsoo said. "She's an heiress!"

"So? That doesn't really matter, L. I mean, so what if she's the heiress of JJEE? She's still the same Ji Min you knew. Although she did lie a bit, but it was reasonable. And it's not like her personality was a lie, it was only her identity," Sungyeol stated. "At least she didn't lie about her name."

"Yeah, I guess so--yeah, I mean, you're right," Myungsoo said.

"Always am," Sungyeol said cockily.

"Shut up," Myungsoo said.

"When are you going to tell her?" Sungyeol asked again.

"Later."

"And don't forget to ask her out to the Sophomore party," Sungyeol added. "I should go and start looking for a partner now. I don't really think being partnered with someone from Seoul Girls' is a good idea."

"Why don't you ask Ji Min for her friends? I'm sure she has some decent friends who could be paired up with you..."

"Good idea!"

---

"Ji Min ah," Myungsoo began.

He had just found Ji Min putting Jihoo to sleep that night.

"Shh..." shushed Ji Min. "Yes?"

"Hey, you know, there's this annual Sophomore party back at Oedae. It's on December. I know it's too early, but I'm just making sure, would you be my partner?"

"Sure," Ji Min replied with a smile.

"Thanks," Myungsoo said, smiling back at her.

Myungsoo stood there still. He didn't know why he still hadn't walked away, but he was still there. He seemed to have been looking at Ji Min.

"Myungsoo?" Ji Min whispered, not looking at him but at Jihoo who was asleep now.

"E-eh?" Myungsoo snapped out of his little trance.

"What are you still doing here? Is there anything else you need?" 

"Y-yeah, I mean, no. I mean...yeah, there is."

"Well?" Ji Min looked at Myungsoo expectantly with raised brows.

"Ilikeyouwillyoubemygirlfriend?" Myungsoo said really quickly.

Ji Min looked clueless, clearly she didn't catch what Myungsoo had said.

"I like you. Will. You. Be. My girlfriend?" Myungsoo said with each breath.

"Uhh," Ji Min said unsure.

"Oh," Myungsoo said, preparing for the rejection.

When Ji Min didn't say anything, Myungsoo's shoulder deflated and he sighed.

"Oh, okay, I get it," Myungsoo said and started to turn around.

"It's not that," Ji Min said, and Myungsoo turned around to face her. "If it was really easy, I would have asked you to be my boyfriend already when I confessed, but the problem is, you go to Oedae. And whether I go to Il Jung or Seoul Girls', I don't think it's, you know, ugh, easy."

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo puzzled.

"I mean, it's a long distance relationship. My dad used to go to Oedae, so I know a bit of how he lived there because he used to tell me how he almost didn't get to marry my mom because it was hard. They had to send letters, and it would usually come out late. You know, I don't think I can handle those stuff..." Ji Min explained.

Myungsoo looked at her sadly. 

"Okay," he finally said.

"But Myungsoo," Ji Min said, stopping Myungsoo once again before he could turn around. "I would really, really love to be your girlfriend. If only..."

"Okay," Myungsoo said with a sad expression again and turned around to leave Jihoo's room.

Ji Min sighed, Myungsoo's sad face made her guilty about something she didn't know of. And it tugged something in her chest. So she tucked Jihoo on his crib and then ran after Myungsoo.

She found Myungsoo in front of his door, turning the knob, but she ran to him and stopped him from doing so.

"Okay, fine! I'll be your girlfriend. Don't say anything like I'm forced about this, because I want to be! I was just doubting. We'll make the summer last, you know that kind of stuff," Ji Min said quickly holding on to Myungsoo's shoulder.

Myungsoo smiled. But what happened next made him smile more; Ji Min kissed his cheek and ran off towards her room.

---

Hello guys! Thanks for subscribing! Please comment? :( Please? There are like , 13 subscribers but only one commented. :( Please inspire me with your comments!