Home.

Summer Love.

Myungsoo sighed happily and took another deep breath of the fresh air of his hometown, Dongbong-gu.

It's been a while since he's been here, and he can't help but enjoy the little things.

He had been too busy and caught up with his studies that he forgot what it was like to be home.

He was enrolled in an all boys school somewhere in North Seoul. Although it was located in the city, it was in a secluded part. And the school was strict. They weren't really allowed out of the school walls. Their schedules were all fixed throughout the school year, and they were required to follow. 

On weekdays, they were expected to be up and about by 4:30 AM. By 5:30, they were supposed to be ready for morning exercise and breakfast and the dining hall together with the other students and faculty members. By 7:30, classes are to begin. Classes end by 6 in the afternoon, and by 7:30, they were expected to be clean and ready for dinner. By 10, the lights were expected to be turned off in the rooms. And the weekday cycle begins again.

On weekends, they were expected to study and do homework. If they didn't have any, they would have to do something, like helping in the library or on the grounds. Or help the teachers, perhaps. No one was supposed to be, or simply, no one had to be lazy.

On Sundays, it would be their rest day. The boys would be allowed to sleep in, but should always be present during breakfast, lunch and dinner at the dining hall since attendance was checked. 

They were never allowed out. Only the sophomore guys are allowed out on Saturdays. And the junior guys on Sunday. And the senior on both days. Sophomores and Juniors would need a chaperone though. 

That was Myungsoo's life. It was hard at first, but he turned to slowly love it because of his new friends, his roommates.

5 boys share a room in the dormitories. Myungsoo roomed with 4 other gus who turned out to be his closest friends.

There was Hoya. He was silent at first, but once you get to know him, he can be very wacky, loud and wild.

Then there was Woohyun. The cool guy. Female teachers seem to be having crushes on him. Despite Woohyun's charms and cocky-like appearance, he was a very funny and down to earth guy. Quite a joker actually. And a gentleman too.

Next there was Dongwoo. The quiet guy who wants to keep to himself and has this intimidating aura. He can usually be found in the library or buried in his books. But once people get to know him and be his friends, he was really nice and cheerful and talkative at times. Always has something to share.

And lastly, there was Sungyeol. He was like Myungsoo's twin. They think alike, speak alike, and act alike. Although Sungyeol was a bit more mischievous than Myungsoo. But then, he would usually drag Myungsoo with him, causing the both of them almost getting into trouble. They were brothers from another mother, as what other people would call them, which they grew yp be fond of hearing.

All the 'suffering', as what the boys would coin it, that they had to go through was [going to be] worth it. Not only because of the company they gain, but because of the privilages the students get after graduating.

Because graduating in such a prestigious academy meant instant acceptance in the college or university of the student's choice. And even if the graduate didn't want to proceed with college, they had a sure job.

Only the best for the best. That was the school's motto. Oh, how lucky the boys in that school were.

Some girls would even try and disguise themselves as guys just to get in and get a name for themselves, and get the same privilage as the boys. But they never pass the medical examinations.

Yep, that was Myungsoo's school.

It was pricey, it wasn't easy, but after everything, it's all going to pay off.

But right now, those things didn't matter to Myungsoo at the moment.

It was the summer, and he was on his way home. Minutes ago, the train from Seoul to Dongbong-gu arrived. He was happy. He wouldn't have to think about school for 3 months.

The first time in months, he felt free.