Time and Distance.

Summer Love.

Well, I didn't know what happened, but I made sure I copied and pasted the chapter. Then Chrome crashed and good bye chapter. Now, I have to go through it again. But I'm so not in the mood to repeat and remember what I just typed so I will change it. I'll just change the scene/ending.... 

---

Three years later...

Myungsoo slammed the breaks and parked just right in front of the hospital. He didn't care if he'd earn a ticket, he just had to hurry.

While he was still in class, Myungsoo received an emergency call from his parents that his little brother, Jihoo, had fallen from the stairs. 

Although his parents had reassured him that Jihoo was fine, Myungsoo ditched his major class to check on his brother. That was how much, and more, he cared for his little brother.

Once he arrived at the lobby, he asked the a nurse on a station where Jihoo's room was.

The nurse told him, along with the directions.

Once he got there, he was surprised to see the room empty. So he ran back to the nearest nurse's station and asked about the patient from room 204.

"Oh, he just went out to play with the other kids at the play room since he was alone," a nurse told him.

"Alone!?" Myungsoo exclaimed, his tone full of disbelief.

He couldn't believe that his parents left his little brother all by himself. Good thing Myungsoo was stubborn and came anyway.

After receiving the directions to the play room, Myungsoo speed walked towards the place.

When he was nearing the 'room', he could already hear little children 'ooh'-ing and 'ahh'-ing over someone telling them a story.

Myungsoo stopped at the entrance before pushing the door slowly, careful not to disturb the children or the story.

He would just search for Jihoo and check if he was alright. And if he was satisfied with what he saw, he'd leave.

Myungsoo creeped his head on the small gap of the open door.

The children were surrounding the story teller. The smaller kids sat in front, covered by the bigger kids.

Myungsoo couldn't see Jihoo.

So he silently entered the room, careful not to disturb the story.

Myungsoo's breath suddenly caught in his throat.

He didn't see Jihoo, his brother. But Ji Min, his ex.

---

"...and they lived happily ever after. The end!"

Myungsoo didn't know how long he was standing there, listening to her story and at times, interact and answer the kid's questions.

He had forgotten about going there for Jihoo. All his thoughts were on the girl before him. His first girlfriend. His first love.

"Okay, kids, go back to your rooms now! Nap time!" she announced softly.

Myungsoo snapped out of his trance and looked at her.

She was still busy sorting out the play room as the kids slowly exited the room, only to be escorted by their nurses back to their rooms.

Myungsoo noticed Jihoo among the crowd of kids, but he was too late to get to him, as a nurse was already holding his hand and guiding him back to his room.

Myungsoo contemplated.

Should he go with Jihoo? Or stay and catch up with Ji Min?

He was somewhat torn, but he recalled about his break up with her.

He broke her heart. And the look on her face that time haunted him. 

So he opted to go to Jihoo.

But too late, Ji Min had noticed him.

His back though.

"Excuse me, sir?" he could hear her voice behind him.

"Y-yes?"

Myungsoo didn't bother turn around. He will never show his face to her again. After all that he did.

"I think you dropped your hanky..." she said.

"Oh thanks..."

Myungsoo discreetly bent down and felt for his hanky on the floor, still not looking over her direction.

He heard her chuckle and felt her hand on his shoulder, holding his hanky.

"Thanks," he said again and took it.

He was about to go out the door when he bumped into someone who was entering the door.

"Sorry," the both said.

"Myungsoo?" the guy he bumped into said.

"Myungsoo?" Ji Min echoed from behind.

Myungsoo had no choice but to lift his head up sheepishly.

But his sheepish expression changed when he saw Sungyeol standing right before his eyes.

"Sungyeol? What are you doing here?" Myungsoo had to ask.

"Oh, heh," Sungyeol only uttered and scratched the back of his head.

"What are you doing here, Myungsoo sshi?" Ji Min walked in front of him and asked.

Myungsoo almost winced at Ji Min's use of formality.

"Oh, I was going to check on Jihoo, and they said he was here, but I think he isn't...so, I have to go," Myungsoo reasoned. "So...what are you two doing here...?"

"Oh, I volunteer here," Ji Min answered casually.

"And I...I'm here to pick her up," Sungyeol said shyly.

Myungsoo couldn't stop that feeling that was spreading through his body. What was it called again? Ah, jealousy.

"So...you two...?" he said.

Nobody answered, but Sungyeol was scratching the back of his neck, looking around anywhere but Myungsoo. While Ji Min just crossed her arms and looked at the ground. It was a definite yes.

Now that she was in front of him, he could now clearly see the changes in her.

Her hair was longer and dyed copper brown. She also gained weight, but nevertheless, still fit. She looked healthier, in fact. She was wearing dark skinny jeans and a silk chiffon button front blouse with tonal crepe de chine welt pockets at chest.

"Okay...so, I gotta go and check on Jihoo now," Myungsoo finally said after a while of silence.

And Myungsoo left awkwardly, waving at Sungyeol and Ji Min one last time before leaving. His feelings in a frenzy as he didn't really know what to feel.

He couldn't even sort out his reactions.

But what can he do? What's done is done.

He broke up with Ji Min because he thought he wasn't worth it. He was heartbroken too. But he chose both of their happiness, their other happiness. Now he sees her after three years. He feels weird, seeing her again. Like he fell in love with her all over again. He thought he had forgotten her. But really, he hasn't. He even thinks he really never got over her.

And now, she was with his friend from high school. As much as he wanted to know how that happened, he couldn't dare. He might not be able to take it.

---

Meh. Awkward chapter. Okay. This isn't the end! HAHAHA.