The Past.

Summer Love.

Myungsoo was about to exit the hospital when he heard Ji Min's voice calling his name, telling him to wait.

He hesitantly turned around and saw Ji Min running his way, carrying his hanky.

"You left this," Ji Min said breathlessly as she handed him his handkerchief.

"Oh, I thought I...nevermind," he muttered.

They stood there, awkwardly, for a while, staring at anything except the person in front of them.

"So..." Ji Min started. "See you around..."

"Uh, yea--"

"JI MIN!"

Myungsoo was cut off by someone calling Ji Min's name. Someone behind him.

He didn't know why, but he felt like turning around and was surprised to see Woohyun.

"Oh, you're here!" Ji Min exclaimed happily.

Woohyun didn't even notice Myungsoo as he ran towards Ji Min and hugged her.

Myungsoo looked at them with a raised brow. He was now very confused.

"Wait, I thought--"

"MYUNGSOO? MYUNGSOO!" He was cut off, yet again, by Woohyun who had finally noticed him.

"Uh, yeah. Hi," Myungsoo said awkwardly.

Woohyun enveloped him in a hug and pat his back.

"What are you doing here?" Woohyun asked excitedly.

"Oh, I was visiting my brother," Myungsoo replied.

"Oh, yeah. Oh!" Woohyun exclaimed, again, when he noticed Ji Min staring at them awkwardly.

"So, wait--" Myungsoo began and pointed a finger back and forth Ji Min and Woohyun. "You two? I thought Sungyeol--"

"Woo, yeah! You guys! You're all here!" a voice boomed behind Myungsoo, cutting him again.

Myungsoo looked behind him and did a slight scoff. Dongwoo was behind him!

"Yeah! The others are waiting at the cafeteria! Come on!" Ji Min exclaimed and pulled Dongwoo's hand.

"See you later, L!" "Oh, bye, L!" Woohyun and Dongwoo waved and yelled at him.

Ji Min waved at Myungsoo before pulling Woohyun and Dongwoo off to a direction and disappeared.

Myungsoo scratched his head. He was very confused.

It had seemed like Ji Min was dating Sungyeol. But then Woohyun came, and they were acting a bit couple-ish. But then he remembered Ji Min and Sungyeol's indirect 'yes' on hi question. But then Dongwoo came and he saw how Ji Min laced her fingers with Dongwoo's.

So, what was it really? What was happening? Was she dating all of them at once? How come they were all so chill about it?

Myungsoo shook his head, not minding how stupid he might have looked from another's eyes. It cannot be, of course.

But what was happening? How come Ji Min had been in touch with his high school friends? And not him? Had his friends remained friends with Ji Min even though he had broken up with her?

Of course he had lost contact with them months after graduation when he got into college. He was the only one who chose his current school. All of his roommates had chosen Kyunghee University, while he chose Seoul University.

Both were good schools, and there wasn't really any difference. But Seoul was more known and so that was why Myungsoo chose it.

Myungsoo was very bothered and decided to check on whatever Ji Min and his high school roommates were up to.

He went towards the direction where they had disappeared and saw a hallway of hospital rooms. He slowly walked and checked through the glass of each door to see if they were in the room.

One room caught his attention.

He didn't see anyone, but he saw the room decorate with balloons and streamers.

He fought with himself whether he should go in or just wait outside, or check some other room.

He was broken out of his thoughts and didn't realize that he was standing in front of the door until he bumped into Ji Min.

"Myungsoo? What are you doing here?" Ji Min asked when she had taken a good look at him.

"I was just..."

"Oh, do you wanna come in?" Ji Min didn't let him continue.

Myungsoo bit his lip and stared at her awkwardly, somewhat enchanted by her beauty that he couldn't give a direct answer.

"The guys are in there, if you want..."

"Can we talk?" he suddenly blurted out.

"What's there to talk about? As far as I know, we ended things three year ago."

"Are you dating one of them?" he found himself asking.

Ji Min chuckled, finding the situation really funny.

"What? Where do you get that? I'm not...dating one of them. I'm not really into dating right now. And I'm...what am I talking about?Why am I even talking to you...? Look, I gotta go. If you wanna come in, then go in."

And Ji Min walked away hurriedly towards the hallway, disappearing right into the corner.

He became frustrated and was about to walk away when Sungyeol came out of the room.

"Yo," Sungyeol called on him.

"Oh, hey," Myungsoo replied lifelessly.

"Hey, uhh, do you have time to listen?" Sungyeol suddenly asked him in a low voice.

"About?"

"I know you want to talk to Ji Min, but seriously, you won't get anything out of her. So, you can always talk to me. For old times' sake..." Sungyeol said.

"Sure..."

---

Sungyeol and Myungsoo sat by the hospital garden, a can of fruit drink in their hands.

"I was just kidding," Sungyeol began.

Myungsoo turned to look at him and raised a brow.

"I just wanted to talk to you. Haha," Sungyeol confessed.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and sighed. So, what was his point of being there?

"But, sure, let's talk about Ji Min..." Sungyeol continued.

Sungyeol turned to look at Myungsoo with a trivial expression.

"Did you know she got into an accident?" Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo's eyes widened and a panicked expression crossed his face.

Then Sungyeol began to laugh.

"Kidding!" Sungyeol teased. "You should have seen your face. It was funny. I wish I could have photographed it..."

"It's not funny," Myungsoo hissed.

"I know. Anyway, do you still have feelings for Ji Min?" Sungyeol asked frankly.

It took Myungsoo by surprise. Sungyeol was just straight to the point.

"I-I don't know," Myungsoo stuttered.

Damn.

"Do you know that Woohyun and me are wooing her?" Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo gripped on his can tightly.

What?

"R-really?"

"No...just kidding. Just Woohyun. Well, okay, yeah, just Woohyun. I sort of, given up, since Ji Min has no plans of having a boyfriend these days. Oh, she never had a boyfriend since you two broke up. I think she was traumatized by your break up..." Sungyeol said.

The both of them took a sip of their juices.

"What happened to her? After our break up? Seeing you now, so close with her, I can't help but think that you continued to communicate with her even after our break up..." Myungsoo dared to ask.

"Well, she's been fine. Yeah, we did. We actually saw each other every weekend after your break up. That was until we graduated Oedae."

"So, that's why you've been disappearing!"

"And Woohyun too," Sungyeol added. "Actually, after you broke up, Ji Min called me. I was actually suprised that I was the one she called when the both of you broke up. Then we started to hang out. Sometimes just the two of us, sometimes Woohyun tags along, and sometimes Dongwoo's there, with his now ex girlfriend whose name I had long forgotten..."

"Why didn't you tell me? After all these years? We've been roommates since forever, and you didn't tell me?" Myungsoo questioned in disbelief.

"We didn't really have to, L. I mean, why would we tell you? You two have broken up. You broke her heart..."

"It's not that...it's just that...you don't understand. Nobody understands!"

"How will we understand if you won't tell us? I mean, if we don't understand after you told us, then we would have let it go. But you didn't tell us anything. Did you know what Ji Min felt after that? She felt like crap. Everytime we hang out with her, all we did was comfort her. And when that day, when she finally moved on, we were so happy! And Woohyun and I started to make our moves on her, but she rejected us. She said she wasn't ready. And you know what? Three years later, she still isn't ready."

Sungyeol sighed before continuing.

"I'm thinking she still isn't really that over you like she says she is..."

"Bull," Myungsoo cursed.

"I don't think so," Sungyeol said. "Oh, do you know that she has been disowned by her family?"

"Disowned...? W-what happened?" Myungsoo asked worriedly.

"Oh, not that dramatic kind of disownment. She didn't want to take over the company, so she asked her parents to disown her or something. Or write her name off the will. She felt like her taking over the company was one of the reasons why you two didn't work out. She just wanted her parents to disown her so that people will think her parents don't give a damn about him. You know, so there wouldn't be any threats now," Sungyeol explained. "Her parents were sort of, disappointed, but respected her decision, nevertheless. Now, they're waiting for another 20 years or something til' her brother is old enough to take over. Oh dang, her father's too old then..."

"R-really?"

"Mm-mm. She works on her own. Actually, she has a lot of jobs. But she loves it. She works as a waitress at a Japanese restaurant at night. A barista in a coffee shop in the afternoon. And goes to school in the morning. And she has an apartment on her own. She volunteers here, too, when she doesn't have classes, or work. There's this kid, who is from the room I just came out of, well, he's five years old and has cancer. Ji Min takes care of him. Ji Min drags us, me, Woohyun and Dongwoo, to watch over him. It's his birthday today, so he's six...he's Ji Min's favorite kid," Sungyeol said.

"Mmm...that's good."

And Myungsoo began to wonder if Ji Min had achieved her dreams of seeing the world.

"D-did she ever get to, you know, travel outside of the country...?"

Sungyeol thought about it for a moment before pursing his lips and shaking his head.

"Too busy to. She's taking Media Arts, you know," Sungyeol said. 

"Sungyeol ah, why are you telling me all this?" Myungsoo pondered loudly.

He was greatly puzzled at why Sungyeol was telling him stuff that was more than what he had asked for. Not that he minded, really.

"Nothing. Thought you might want to know," Sungyeol said as he stood up and stretched.

Myungsoo looked at him, expecting more.

"Okay, fine. Get back with her. Ask her on a date or something. Get some closure!" Sungyeol said defeatedly.

He patted Myungsoo's shoulder before running back inside the hospital.

Myungsoo thought about what Sungyeol said. About everything Sungyeol said.

Ji Min. The Jung Ji Min was not like the Jung Ji Min three years ago. She was no longer that rich kid. She was just a normal college student. 

What's stopping you now, Myungsoo?

---

Oh gosh, I don't know how to end this.