Family Dinner.

Summer Love.

A few days later, two days before Myungsoo hops on a train to school, the Jung's family butler came to pick Ji Min up, along with Mr and Mrs Kim, and of course, Jihoo.

The Kim family dressed as elegant as they could, although Ji Min said it wouldn't be important since it's only a little gathering.

True enough, when they got to the Jung's mansion, which made the Kims chins almost reach the ground, figuratively, there were no flashy cars parked outside. Which meant there were no other people coming.

"It's just going to be us. My family and yours," Ji Min assured Myungsoo as they stepped out of the ostentatious limo.

Myungsoo could only nod. He was unsure of what the nod meant, as well as what he was doing there in the first place.

Mr Shin escorted them inside, only to be greeted by a large museum like receiving area.

A minute walk and they were led to the waiting room.

"Master Sang Jun and Lady Ji Eun will be with you in a moment," the butler had said before leaving them in the room, gently closing the door behind him.

The Kims couldn't help but be mesmerized by the environment. And it was just the waiting room, as what the butler had announced to them when they got in the room. They haven't even properly seen the receiving area and the halls that connected it to the other rooms. And they haven't even seen the rest of the house.

Ji Min was only resting on the couch, closing her eyes as the Kims were busy taking in the surroundings.

Mr Kim was on the couch opposite where Ji Min sat, but his head was angling in every direction as he was looking at everything. Mrs Kim was walking all over the place, holding Jihoo, who didn't seem to mind as he had his favorite stuffed toy with him. Myungsoo was standing a few meters from where Ji Min sat, but his head was just the same as his father; he was looking at everything.

"Ji Min ah, if it's a dinner party, and annual, and they're going to announce it to the public that you're the heiress to the company...why are there no people? I mean, what about the press?" Mr Kim suddenly asked as he stopped himself from roaming his eyes all over the room.

"It's the dinner first. Just us, family. Then while we're eating, the press will arrive. And then it begins," Ji Min began to explain. "The past annual dinners were the same. Only that I don't show myself to the press, or the other families my parents are acquainted with."

"Are we supposed to be there too?" Mr Kim asked again.

"If you want to," Ji Min said then smiled.

"Is it okay if we don't? I'm afraid I'd get pretty intimidated by other rich people. Your mom is enough intimidation, really," Mrs Kim butted in.

Ji Min let out a cute giggle.

"Don't worry, Mrs Kim. It won't be like that," Ji Min assured. "I actually haven't met those family friends. But I know they're not that bad. My parents don't really like being with intimidating people either."

Mrs Kim chuckled nervously as she took a seat beside her husband.

"I hope so," she muttered to herself.

A few moments later, the door of the waiting room opened and in came the butler with Ji Min's dad.

Ji Min, along with Myungsoo's parents stood up and politely bowed.

"You don't have to bow, really," Mr Jung said with a friendly chuckle. "I feel so old. Let's be informal to one another. I think we're of the same age, ne?"

"Ne," Ji Min answered for the Kims when they didn't answer right away, since they didn't know what Ji Min's parents' true ages were; since they looked like they were in their early 30s, but their actions otherwise speak of their true age.

"So, shall we?" Mr Jung said as he gestured for the rest to follow him.

Mr Shin was walking a few steps ahead of Mr Jung, as Mr Jung was walking slowly to let the others catch up with him.

They were led to the dining room, where a table, with six chairs on its sides.

It was not like what the Kims had expected. They were expecting more of a grand and long table where the ends were far from each other.

As they were seated properly, Mr and Mrs Kim sat beside each other on one side of the table, Mr and Mrs Jung were seated across each other on each ends of the table, and Ji Min and Myungsoo were seated besdie each other, across Mr and Mrs Kim, a maid entered with a high chair for Jihoo.

"We'd like to keep it this simple," Mr Jung started. "This is the family dining room. This is where we spend our dinners together. But when there are 'important' guests, we use the other one."

"Please treat us the same way you treat your friends," Mrs Jung then said nicely. "Really, we won't bite."

A few moments later, the awkwardness started to disappear as the Jungs and the Kims started to converse freely as they waited for the food to be served.

And when the food came, everybody turned silent, but then started to talk again while eating, as the food servers exited the room.

Compliments about the food, raising children, fashion, entertainment, a bit of business, education, dramas were the topics of the adults during the whole dinner period. While Myungsoo and Ji Min were more on school and recreation.

A lot of thoughts were running through Ji Min's and Myungsoo's mind. But both were mainly thinking of the same thing. They were happy. Not sure what the main cause of their happiness was all about because there were a lot. 

They were happy that their parents were getting along very fine. They were happy because they get to spend time with each other, and with their parents too. They were happy because their parents were happy. They were happy because they felt the same way.

After dinner, the plates were taken away and they were led to the cozy living room where they continued to chat. As Jihoo was taken into a room to let him sleep.

Mr and Mrs Kim sat on a loveseat across Mr and Mrs Jung. While Myungsoo and Ji Min were on the other side of the room, looking at the paintings displayed on the wall.

Myungsoo wasn't really that interested in art, but Ji Min seemed to be since she was very good at explaining informations about a certain painting. Myungsoo would listen intently, at the same time, observe Ji Min and can't help but get drawn to her more.

She was, at times, acting like she didn't belong to such class, but when she acts like this, there was no doubt, she was an heiress.

Myungsoo began to doubt himself, if he was right for her. If he deserved her, or someone like her. He must have saved someone from his past life to deserve such a blessing.

Myungsoo could only sigh. And that sigh didn't go unnoticed.

"What's wrong?" Ji Min aske as she stopped explaining about Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night painting.

"Nothing," Myungsoo said and tried to smile as best as he could, although the worries and doubts never escaped his mind.

Ji Min, however, wasn't fooled by his facade.

"Kim Myungsoo, I know you well enough to know that what you're thinking about is not just 'nothing'," she said in a stern voice.

"Really, it's nothing," Myungsoo insisted.

"Tell me," Ji Min ignored Myungsoo's recent words.

"We're not going to fight over nothing, alright?"

"I know it's nothing. I don't know what you meant by that sigh. But I know that it isn't just nothing," Ji Min said.

"It's just that--argh--how am I able to say this without making it sound wrong...?" Myungsoo said to himself.

"Say it," Ji Min challenged. "I won't cut you off, I promise. I'll listen. And if I don't understand, you can say it in another way."

"Okay," Myungsoo said and then inhaled and exhaled deeply. "It's just that, I have these doubts, you know. You're so rich. You're an heiress. You're so amazing. You're so beautiful. You're so smart. You're so...gah, not my level. You're here--" he raises his hand above his head "--I'm here--" lowers his other hand, leveling it with his waist "--it's pitiful..."

"What are you talking about?!" Ji Min snapped, although she wasn't that mad, but sad. "So you think we're not right for each other just because of that? Isn't it what we feel towards each other that matters?"

Myungsoo had to agree, but didn't show it. He only lowered his head, his gaze on his feet.

"Myungsoo ah..." Ji Min said softly. "It doesn't matter if I'm rich. Or which class I belong. It doesn't matter if I'm an heiress or what. My mom, she wasn't born rich. But she made her way to the top. She worked to get into Seoul Girls'. My grandparents didn't like my mom for my dad, but, she proved herself because she loved my dad. So much. I'm not telling you this because I want you to prove yourself to my parents. You don't really have to. You just have to let them trust you. But that's not the case here..."

Ji Min sighed and gathered her thoughts.

"I'm not amazing. You are. And if you don't accept that, then we can be both amazing," Ji Min began again, with a slight chuckle. "I'm beautiful? Are you doubting yourself because you think you don't have the looks? Or that I'm too pretty for you? Oh gah, Myungsoo ah! Don't you have a mirror? I would have called the police the second you entered the house when you got back from Oedae if you weren't good looking."

Myungsoo chuckled at the lame example.

"Okay, I was kidding," Ji Min continued, rolling her eyes. "But gah, I bet, girls from Seoul Girls' would kill for a guy like you. You're not just beautiful on the outside, but on the inside too. I wouldn't be your girlfriend if it weren't for that fact. And me? Smart? Hah. I don't know about that. But you are. Otherwise, you wouldn't be at Oedae. You're not just smart with school stuff. You're wonderful at decisions. I have never met someone so sure about what he or she is going to do with their life, until you. Even I am not so sure about what I want to do with my life. But, it's pretty much planned..."

Myungsoo sighed and held her cheek, caressing it.

"I'm sorry," Myungsoo said, although he wasn't sure what he was sorry about. Maybe about what he had said earlier. It seemed to have bothered and stressed Ji Min.

"What are you sorry about?" Ji Min asked him with a slight giggle. "It's okay...I'm glad you opened up to me about it. It's good to clear it up. Well, is it cleared up? I mean, are you still doubting?"

"A bit," Myungsoo said honestly.

"Well then, what are you still doubting about?"

"I wonder what I did in my past life to deserve someone like you..." he whispered.

Ji Min gave him a soft slap on the hand he was holding her face with, and then rested her hand on top of his, caressing the back of his hand with her thumb.

"I'm wondering about that too..." she whispered back with a soft smile grazing on her lips.

"You kids," Mr Jung interrupted the moment and the two teenagers backed a little away from each other.

"Come over here," Mr Kim ordered and the two walked side by side towards the adults, their hands almost touching with each other.

Myungsoo and Ji Min were both fighting the urge to hold the other's hand as they weren't so sure about showing too much affection in front of the adults.

When they had reached the couches, Ji Min sat beside her mother and Myungsoo beside his father. And the both of them were across each other.

"So," Mr Jung began. "We were talking about the two of you..."

"Uh-huh," Ji Min urged quietly.

"Mm-mm," Mrs Jung said. "So, what are you two going to do about school? Since, Myungsoo will be going back to Oedae in two days. Do you think you can do it?"

"We've talked about that," Ji Min said.

"And?" the adults urged.

"We're going to do it like what you used to do," Ji Min said, gesturing at her parents. "Letters."

"That's good," Mr Jung commented, nodding his head at the same time.

"I absolutely and one hundred percent approve of this relationship," Mrs Jung suddenly said.

"Eh?" Myungsoo involuntarily uttered.

"Jeongmal?" Ji Min said at the same time Myungsoo did.

"Neh!" Mrs Jung exclaimed with a smug smile on her face.

"I do, too," Mrs Kim seconded.

Mr Kim nodded as his sign of approval.

Then everybody's gaze turned to Mr Jung. They were looking at him expectantly.

"What?" Mr Jung asked innocently.

"Yeobo, what do you think of Myungsoo for our Ji Min?" Mrs Jung asked her husband.

"Don't you remember what I said back at their house? I already approved of them," Mr Jung said absently, then winked at Myungsoo.

"Ahh, you're so confident, yeobo!" Mrs Jung commented.

"Of course. He's from Oedae. That's pretty much my basis," Mr Jung stated. "Oedae molds boys into men. Been there, done that."

For half an hour, they were talking and chatting like they had known each other for a long time. Ji Min and Myungsoo would occasionally join the conversation.

But the chats were suddenly stopped as Mr Shin entered the door after knocking informing about the event happening in the next hour.

"I would love it if you would join us later," Mrs Jung said to Mrs Kim.

"Oh, we would love to. But we're afraid we'd be underdressed for that occasion," Mrs Kim reasoned.

"Ahh, no need to worry. I'm sure we have the same size," Mrs Jung said, grabbing on Mrs Kim like a little girl and the two skipped giddily to who knows where.

Mr Jung and Mr Kim looked at each other with I-can't-believe-she's-my-wife looks on their faces. But the two went on and discussed about the upcoming event.

Ji Min tugged on Myungsoo and took him upstairs to a guest room. 

"I'll call Mr Shin for a change of clothes for you. I'll be right back. I'll just go and change. Okay?" she said and gave Myungsoo a reassuring look.

Before she ran out, she pecked Myungsoo on his cheek, then on his lips.

"Oppa jjang!" Myungsoo could hear Ji Min yell from outside the room.

---

Aaaah. Haven't updated for some time. Please be patient! I'll try to update another chapter! :) Try.