Smiley Face Unite

Just Keep SMILING~
 
(South Korea)
 
“Are. You. Serious?” Miyoung spoke aloud once she saw the Allkpop article. She squealed moments later and her brother, Jiyoung, rushed into her room.
 
“Where’s the fire?” Jinyoung asked.
 
“The fire is Tessa’s hair” Miyoung fangirled and Jiyoung shot her a look of confusion, but then remembered who her current favorite group was.
 
Jiyoung peered over his sister’s shoulder and saw the teaser images. “Holy crap…”
 
“I am really excited for this!” Miyoung cheered.
 
“How excited?” Jiyoung questioned his sister.
 
“More excited than you were about SNSD’s comeback back in January” Miyoung answered.
 
Jiyoung stared at Miyoung for a few moments. “Yeah… that’s pretty excited.”
 
“Especially since I heard they’re also planning to go into the Chinese market with this one” Miyoung squealed.
 
“So basically… like Exo?” Jiyoung said. “I get it”
 
“Just check out the teaser” Miyoung scooted over and played the video.
 
Jiyoung watched the teaser in awe as he saw each of the girls’ faces appear on screen. “Oh. My. God.” Jiyoung said in complete shock.
 
“Amazing right?” Miyoung smiled.
 
“We’re going to a music show” Jiyoung said and immediately ran out of the room.
 
Miyoung chuckled as she shook her head. “My brother is so weird”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
(United States)
 
“AHHH!!”
 
Everyone turned and looked at Sammie with a confused expression. “Sorry…” Sammie shrugged her head low. Dammit Sammie, why’d you do that out loud? Now everyone thinks you’re weird.  She thought to herself.
 
Suddenly, her friend Jon sat next to her in the cafeteria. “What are you fangirling about this time?” He asked like it was an everyday occurrence.
 
“SMILE is coming back!” Sammie kept herself from squealing again.
 
“Seriously?” Jon asked. Sammie nodded. “What’s the concept this time around?”
 
“Judging from the teasers,” Sammie began her reply, “It looks like it’s a dark circus or carnival”
 
“Going with a darker concept? Sounds interesting” Jon nodded in content.
 
“Wait until you see K.G.B.’s teaser” Sammie smirked, knowing who Jon’s bias was.
 
Jon turned red as he shoved Sammie over to get a better look at the screen. “Whoa…”
 
“Yep, and they’re going into the Chinese market with this one” Sammie said.
 
“Nice! I actually like Chinese variety shows better than some of the Korean ones” Jon replied.
 
“You just like watching Happy Camp” Sammie nudged Jon’s arm.
 
“That I do” Jon chuckled.
 
“Plus with Exo in the picture, the interactions between them will be pure gold” Sammie entered her dream word.
 
“Tell me again why I’m friends with you?” Jon laughed as his friend.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
(China)
 
“Lin! Lin!” Ai began to pester her best friend.
 
“What?” Lin replied with a semi-annoyed expression.
 
“SMILE is coming to China!” Ai smiled wide.
 
“Really?” Lin’s expression changed 180 degrees.
 
“You haven’t heard the news?” Ai asked.
 
“Apparently not” Lin replied.
 
“Now you know” Ai smiled. “But we get to see them! Isn’t it awesome?”
 
“It is. Do you think I’ll get to meet Jinyo?” Lin replied.
 
“It’s possible” Ai chuckled. “But only if I get to meet Jenny”
 
“Are we still going to see Exo too?” Lin asked as she opened the fridge to grab a drink.
 
“Yes we are” Ai nodded as she caught the drink Lin tossed to her. “And just a random question, who in Exo do you ship with SMILE?”
 
“That’s an odd question…” Lin replied.
 
“Just answer it” Ai pouted.
 
Lin sat back down at the counter and made a thinking face. “I’ve noticed some cute interactions with Kai and Tessa”
 
“Those two are cute. They’ve got that sibling thing down pat” Ai commented.
 
“Yeah, I can’t wait to go to the next SM Town concert!” Lin said with excitement.
 
“Those tickets were probably the best birthday present ever” Ai cheered along with her.
 
“It’s not that far away” Lin smiled and the girls cheered.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
(Backstage: SMILE’s room)
 
“Are you ready?” Lani asked, practicing her booming announcer’s voice.
 
“Are you ready to rumble?” Tessa asked back.
 
“Let’s get ready to rumble!” Mika cheered in her booming announcer’s voice.
 
“Let’s get ready to rumble~” Tiffannii immediately followed up while holding the note without stopping.
 
The girls stared at her with equal looks of awe. When Tiffannii finally took a breath, “Who knew you had such lung capacity?” Sohee commented.
 
“I’m an MC” Tiffannii boasted. “A good lung capacity was part of the job description”
 
“Only you, Tiffannii” Jenny chuckled as she gently nudged her with her hip.
 
“Hey, we’ve got our Korean comeback stage in five minutes… we should get going” Jinyo spoke up.
 
“Let’s do it?” Koro suggested.
 
“Let’s do it to it” Lola added.
 
“Let’s just kick some and take some names. The Korean comeback is just the first step.” Minkyu gave a knowing smirk to her dongsaengs.
 

 

Hey, remember me? Yes? No? I know it's been a while... but I'm back!
 
I've had so many personal things going on and it kept me from writing, but everything is starting to clear up and I've updated! Woot!
 
So we get to see some Smiley Faces from around the world! (Or South Korea, United States, and China) We get to see what their reactions to the new concept! Also, how are you guys liking it? It took about a week to get all the drawings done. Oh, and if you would like the individual picture of your character, let me know and I can get the picture to you!
 
Well, next chapter will probably contain promotions, the actual song (Korean and Chinese because *spoiliers* some parts are different), and love stories. Are you excited? I am.
 
See you then! (It's good to be back!)
 
Currently listening to: Pokemon Theme Song