Chinese Cards

Just Keep SMILING~
 
*Anything in red is spoken in Chinese!*
 
“Why must Chinese be so damn difficult?!” Koro complained as she threw herself onto the couch.
 
“Maybe you just can’t learn it” Jinyo casually replied.
 
Koro lifted her head up just to glare at Jinyo. Just then, Jenny walked into the room, “Relax you two. And Koro, you’re not the only one who is incompetent when it comes to Chinese”
 
“Incompetent?” Koro sat up and stared at Jenny. “You’re one to talk!”
 
“I studied Mandarin for five years, Seunghae. Six years of training compared to two says a lot” Jenny smirked as she patted Koro’s head.
 
“You may have trained longer than me, but you’re not that much older than I am” Koro mumbled.
 
“What is your opinion on the matter, Jinyo?” Jenny asked.
 
“You want my opinion?” Jinyo raised an eyebrow as she looked at the two younger girls. Jenny nodded and Jinyo began to speak. “I don’t really have one but our songwriters have a perfectly good reason to give me the big rap part in the Chinese version of our next song
 
You raise a good point, Hyunjin” Jenny nodded in agreement.
 
“What are you saying?!” Koro whined.
 
“If you knew, you’d be upset” Jinyo smirked. “Anyway, summer is quickly approaching and we have a goodbye stage this weekend… any ideas of what to do with our lives until next year?”
 
“Practice, practice, and more practice” Jenny swiftly replied as she sat in Koro’s lap, much to the latter’s dismay.
 
“With all the practicing, hopefully you’ll lose some weight because you’re getting heavy” Koro joked.
 
“Oh ha ha, you’re hilarious Koro. Have you ever thought about being a comedian?” Jenny snidely commented.
 
“I actually have… when I was six” Koro replied as she reluctantly wrapped her arms around her waist.
 
“And now look at you.” Jinyo brightly smiled, just like a mother would. “You’re the lead rapper of one of the biggest girl groups in South Korea”
 
“Who can’t learn freaking Chinese” Koro added.
 
“It’ll come in time” Jenny easily said.
 
“It just takes practice” Jinyo added.
 
“Maybe I should do what Tessa-unni does…” Koro thought out loud, “I could just learn the pronunciations and not know what the hell I’m talking about”
 
“Of course you learned that from Tessa… who else would get away with something like that” Jinyo rubbed her head and chuckled.
 
“I just don’t understand why the company is making us go through Mandarin crash courses” Koro sighed.
 
“If you keep taking crash courses, you’ll be fluent in no time” Jenny chuckled.
 
Koro just groaned as she shoved Jenny off her lap. “Damn you leader for your encouraging words”
 
Jenny smiled, “Always happy to help!”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Nǐhǎo ma? (How are you?)” Lola asked, trying her best not to look at her notes.
 
“Hěn hǎo, nǐ ne? (Very good, and you?)” Tiffannii swiftly replied.
 
“Qǐng shuō màn yì diǎn. (Please speak slower.)” Lola said, feeling a little confused.
 
Tiffannii released a sigh, “I just said one sentence”
 
Lani released a sigh, “It just takes time”
 
“How did you ever become fluent in Mandarin?” Lola glared at Lani.
 
“Natural god given talent” Lani boasted as she leaned back, a little too far, in her chair. This caused her to fall backwards just as Tessa walked in the room.
 
Tessa looked at Lani on the ground and never said a word. She casually sat in the empty seat next to Tiffannii. “So how’s the Mandarin going?”
 
“It’s been better… how about yours?” Tiffannii replied.
 
“I have come to the conclusion that Mandarin is too damn difficult for me” Tessa answered.
 
“So what are you going to do about it?” Lola asked as Lani remained on the floor.
 
“Imma do what I always do… fake it ‘til you make it” Tessa smirked as she leaned back in her chair, earning the same fate at Lani with a loud thud.
 
“Those two are like soulmates, I swear” Tiffannii joked just as the doorbell rang.
 
The two soulmates stood up the moment the sound echoed in the room. “Fair fight?” Lani asked as she held out a hand to shake. Tessa smirked and shook Lani’s hand.
 
“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the great door race on ESPN-Q!” Lola announced.
 
“In this race, both Lani and Tessa have agreed to fair circumstances. How will this work out, Lola?” Tiffannii added with her booming announcer’s voice.
 
“Tessa has been in a slump these past few races, so she may be continuing that streak” Lola commentated.
 
Tiffannii made a thinking face, “That is a logical explanation, but miracles do happen”
 
“That is true. Let’s see if a miracle will happen for Shin Tessa” Lola replied.
 
“Lani appears to be using the super-secret moved used by her ancestors” Tiffannii commentated as she witnessed Lani going for a lunge move.
 
Lani lunged at the door but Tessa hopped over her back to get to the door. Tessa opened the door but collapsed over Lani’s arms.
 
“Looks like Tessa is out of her slump but Lani pulls a trump card so that nobody wins” Lola announced.
 
“This has been another exciting episode on ESPN-Q” Tiffannii added.
 
The two then took off their matching headsets and turned their attention to the three guests at the door.
 
“Uhh… is this a normal thing?” Kyungsoo asked as he pointed to Tessa and Lani on the floor in pain.
 
“It wouldn’t be a day in the SMILE house without it” Ryeowook answered before any of the girls could.
 
“Of course they walk right on by us” Lani complained.
 
“They just don’t love us enough” Tessa added in a melodramatic fashion.
 
“Tessa, you know that you’re like a sister to me… and Lani is out pet goat” Ryeowook walked back and held out a hand for Tessa to grab.
 
Lani stood up on her own and glared at Ryeowook, “A goat? Really?”
 
“Yeah, Ryeowook” Kai joined in the joke. “I would have gone with an elephant. They’re cuddlier”
 
“Elephants are cuddlier than goats? If that didn’t earn you an A in biology, I don’t know what will” Tiffannii laughed.
 
“So what brings you three here on this fine Wednesday morning?” Lola asked after she hugged Ryeowook.
 
“We brought you lunch” Kyungsoo happily said.
 
“Wait, did you cook that?” Lani asked as she looked at the food’s deliciousness.
 
“I did and now you must eat it whether you like it or not” Kyungsoo flashed an evil smile.
 
“Ryeowook, what have you done? He’s becoming like you” Lola joked.
 
The others laughed as they gathered around the kitchen table and started eating. While they were eating, “So has Chen given you his number yet?” Kai chuckled as he nudged Tessa’s shoulder.
 
“Wut does dat hwave to do wif anyfing?” Tessa replied with full of food.
 
Kyungsoo and Ryeowook simultaneously smacked the back of Tessa’s head. “Don’t talk with your mouth full” they scolded in a synchronized manner.
 
Tessa shot both of them a glare before turning to Kai, “Why are you bringing this up?”
 
“You mean he hasn’t?” Tiffannii pretended to be shocked.
 
“Oh he has, but he’s been so nervous about calling you he calls us and complains he’s nervous about calling you” Kyungsoo answered.
 
“He must really like you then” Lola chuckled as she looked at Tessa.
 
“If he really likes you and I know you sort of like him back, why don’t you give him a chance right now?” Lani tried negotiating.
 
Tessa released a sigh, “I just don’t want jump into things too soon again. You know how Eunhyuk and Sungmin ended up”
 
“Wait, you dated Eunhyuk and Sungmin?” Kai asked.
 
“Yes I did” Tessa answered quickly. “And those are two lessons I have learned and I don’t want to get a case of déjà vu”
 
“So what do you plan on doing about the helpless kitty that’s in love with you?” Lani asked Tessa.
 
“I have an idea, but it may take time to put together” Tessa smirked.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“How did you get a flush and a full house two hands in a row?” Minkyu questioned the maknae’s luck.
 
Before Sohee got a chance to reply, Mika replied with such casualty, “It’s because Lady Luck slept with her this morning”
 
Sohee and Minkyu choked on air, “How can you say that about our maknae?” Minkyu choked out.
 
“Did you want me to give you the detailed version?” Mika gave Minkyu a look.
 
“And how would you know the detailed version?” Sohee reflected Mika’s look.
 
“Yeah, how would you know that? You like that sort of thing?” Minkyu asked.
 
Mika opened and closed several times thinking about what to say. “I have nothing to say to that”
 
“Then shut up and deal. It’s your turn anyway” Sohee chuckled as she handed the deck to Mika.
 
“Alright Miss Fortune Teller Sohee,” Mika smirked. “If you can win again, you need to tell us what you know about the others”
 
“It’s a deal” Sohee nodded as Mika dealt the cards.
 
“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” a shriek erupted from the air vent. “That is not how this should go!”
 
“Alright, Donghae, how is this supposed to go?” Sohee glared at him.
 
“It should go if Sohee loses the hand, she’ll tell you what she knows” Donghae corrected and Siwon nodded in agreement.
 
“I understand why your upset, but anything goes in the SMILE household” Minkyu smirked.
 
“She got you good, man” Siwon patted Donghae’s shoulder.
 
The two guys then watched the three play a hand of poker. They peeked over everyone’s shoulder to see what hands they have. Mika revealed the flop, the turn, and the river and both guys looked at Sohee.
 
“What?” Sohee asked with fake innocence.
 
Mika and Minkyu shot each other a look before revealing their hands. Sohee revealed hers shortly after and she ended up hitting a royal flush. “How do you do that?” Minkyu asked.
 
Sohee shrugged as she took a sip of her soda. “It’s in my genetics”
 
“If that’s in your genetics… I don’t think I would want to meet your parents” Mika replied.
 
Sohee just laughed at her unni as she gathered up the cards. “But really Sohee,” Donghae said, “How does Dongho deal with you?”
 
“He finds my so called psychic abilities interesting” Sohee answered with a small smile.
 
“As long as they love you for who you are, nothing else should matter” Siwon said in a philosophical manner.
 
“You always know what to say” Mika commented.
 
“How do you not have a girlfriend?” Minkyu added.
 
“You don’t know that” Siwon winked as he and Donghae joined the card game.
 
“So you do?” Mika asked as Sohee dealt the cards.
 
“Let’s put it this way,” Sohee said, “If Donghae wins the hand, he does, and if anyone else wins he doesn’t”
 
“You are the psychic after all” Donghae sighed as he looked at his cards.
 
“If you play your cards right, you can figure out what your future holds” Sohee smiled as everyone looked at their cards. “I learned that from Granny Kim”
 

 

Now I kind of want to meet Sohee's family.
 
Happy New Year! It's New Year's Eve here and I'm pretty excited about 2014. How about you guys? Oh, and did you like the long chapter? I wanted to make sure I included everybody. (I might do that more often, so there might be more longer chapters.) Plot will happen soon and we'll move right along with the rest of 2012 (as we are still there in the story). So hang on to your grandmas and try not to get whiplash!
 
Well, everyone have a safe new year and don't party too hard. I don't need anybody drunk dialing me. ;)
 
Currently listening to: Wild Horse - Norazo (This song is so goofy, I love it!)