Be Careful

Just Keep SMILING~
 
“Is that SMILE’s Minkyu?”
 
Minkyu released a groan but didn’t turn around, “What is it?”
 
When she finally turned around, she was met with someone that wasn’t that much taller than she was. “I just wanted to say hello, and if I can call you noona”
 
Minkyu seemed to recognize the two guys, “Sure, you can call me noona, Ricky”
 
“What about me?” the guy next to Ricky pouted.
 
“You’re not very nice to me, so no” Minkyu immediately replied. “Nice try, L.Joe”
 
“So Minkyu-noona,” Ricky started, “When are you guys making your comeback?”
 
“Two weeks” Minkyu happily replied. Ricky had been one of her favorite dongsaengs so it was nice to talk to him.
 
“I’m so excited!” Ricky cheered.
 
“You’re always excited” L.Joe mindlessly commented.
 
“So how are your promotions going?” Minkyu asked.
 
“Very well” Ricky nodded enthusiastically.
 
“But I think he’s more excited for your comeback” L.Joe added, “By the way, the first teaser photo is already out”
 
“That sounds right,” Minkyu said, “One teaser photo a day is ten days, plus two video teasers makes fourteen days”
 
“Bunny’s was the first one revealed… so what order is it going in?” Ricky asked.
 
“I’m pretty sure it’ll be released in reverse age order” Minkyu answered, “So mine will be last.”
 
“That’s okay, we have the real thing here” Ricky chuckled and L.Joe stayed uncharacteristically quiet.
 
“Oh, before I forget” Minkyu was reminded of something, “It was edited out of the broadcast for some reason, but who’s your favorite member of SMILE?”
 
“It was edited out?” L.Joe was caught a little off guard. “That’s odd…”
 
“That’s what I thought… so who is it?” Minkyu inquired.
“Do you want me to bluntly tell you, or make this a guessing game?” L.Joe smirked.
 
Minkyu mirrored his smirk, “Alright, let’s make it a game then… is she shorter than 170cm”
 
L.Joe nodded, “Yes she is”
 
“We can rule out Jinyo then.” Minkyu sighed as she thought of another question, “Is she older or younger than you?”
 
“Younger” L.Joe answered.
 
“Younger than November 1993…” Minkyu thought, “That leaves four possible answers”
 
“Is her hair color normal?” Ricky asked.
 
“Normal how?” L.Joe asked.
 
“Normal as in average Korean color or normal as in a non-crazy color?” Minkyu asked.
 
“Non-crazy color” Ricky answered.
 
“None of them have crazy hair colors… it’s just brown, brown, dirty blonde, and red-brown” Minkyu immediately replied.
 
“Long or short hair?” Ricky asked.
 
“As of now, he has short hair” L.Joe replied.
 
Minkyu then put two and two together, “It’s Lani, isn’t it?”
 
The look on L.Joe’s face told Minkyu that she was right. Minkyu started laughing good-naturedly. “Why are you laughing?” L.Joe felt his face heat up.
 
“I’m laughing because I think it’s cute that you like Lani” Minkyu said through her laugher.
 
“I never said I liked her” L.Joe mumbled.
 
“Not verbally” Minkyu added.
 
“It all makes sense now” Ricky’s face lit up as he discovered the newly uncovered truth.
 
Minkyu chuckled at his cuteness and reached up to pat L.Joe’s shoulder, “I think it’s cute that you like Lani… but I’ll tell you this now,” she then whispered in his ear, “you need to be careful”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
Jinyo released a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair. “Damn these stupid Health/Risk forms…” she muttered as she filled out the seventh paper.
 
A few moments later, the door opened and a specific someone’s brother waltzed in the door. “Annyeong~”
 
“Seungri, don’t you know that we air vent travel around here?” Jinyo asked using a serious tone for comedic effect.
 
“You sound so serious…” Seungri shivered at the cold aura she admitted.
 
Jinyo looked up to meet his gaze, then back down to her paperwork. “She’s not here”
 
“But I’m not here to see Soonyeon…” Seungri pouted.
 
“You’re not?” Jinyo seemed surprised but did not look up from her papers.
 
Seungri shook his head even though he knew she wouldn’t see it. “No, I’m not”
 
Jinyo signed the paper and looked up at him, “Who are you here for, then?”
 
Seungri mysteriously scooted closer to Jinyo. “Who do you think?”
 
“I’m the only one here right now…” Jinyo reasoned.
 
“Exactly” Seungri confirmed.
 
It clicked a few moments later, “Why would you want to see me?”
 
“Shouldn’t it be obvious?” Seungri asked, hoping she would get the hint.
 
Unfortunately, he had a tough time with telling if she did or if she didn’t. “Look, Seunghyun,” Jinyo looked him straight in the eyes, “I understand that you want to see me because of a weird and/or strange attraction to me, but I have paperwork to fill out or else I can’t participate in our comeback stage”
 
Seungri nodded and shut up so she could finish her paperwork. “So… does that mean you like me?”
 
“No” Jinyo replied flatly as she checked several no’s on the disease list. “But,” Seungri’s ears perked up, “that doesn’t mean I won’t give you a chance”
 
“Seriously?” Seungri was all smiles.
 
“Don’t forget you are Soonyeon’s brother” Jinyo looked up after she signed the second to last sheet.
 
“So can I court you?”
 
“What?” Jinyo flatly asked.
 
“Not in front of the public… but other idols.” Seungri said. “I’ve already talked to Jenny and Soonyeon and they said it was okay”
 
‘Damn that Tiffannii… complaining I don’t spend much time with her’  Jinyo thought as she looked back at the last paper and signed it. “You’re lucky I think you’re cute or else we wouldn’t be in this mess right now”
 
Seungri did a small cheer to himself just as Koro and Mika walked in the door. “I didn’t know Seungri was going to be here…” Koro muttered.
 
“I didn’t either and look what happened” Jinyo nodded her head towards Seungri’s obvious presence.
 
Mika then randomly decided to change the subject, “Huh… I never noticed how long you’re hair has gotten”
 
Jinyo stared at the older for a few moments before commenting back, “Umm, it’s been long since last summer”
 
“You should go platinum blonde” Mika bluntly commented as Koro chuckled a little bit.
 
“Maybe you should” Jinyo retorted as she gathered her papers together.
 
“I don’t really think platinum blonde fits Jinyo all that well” Seungri defended, “But I do think she could go with possibly go with some dark blue streaks in her hair”
 
“Thanks for the input” Jinyo rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I’ll be on my way to hand these dumb papers in. Food’s in the fridge, fend for yourselves.”
 
With that, Jinyo walked out the door. Almost immediately, Mika and Koro ganged up on poor Seungri. “So how’d it go?” Koro asked.
 
“She seems indifferent” Seungri shrugged.
 
“She’s always indifferent” Mika shrugged, “Just make sure you don’t trade her for cupcakes”
 
“She’s still bitter about that” Koro added.
 

 

I would be bitter too... but I was the one that traded Jinyo for cupcakes. (Bonus points if you remember that!)
 
Sorry for taking a while to update, big news hit me like a sack of bricks on Thursday and I've been completely out of it. Anyway... Minkyu talks to her favorite dongsaeng and L.Joe and finds out that L.Joe seems to have a little crush on Lani. Problem... she's still with Minho if any of you remember correctly. How will that turn out?
 
Also, Jinyo apparently hates paperwork (I do too) and Seungri appears unannounced. Seungri seems to have a liking to Jinyo and is going to court her. How's that going to work? Who knows... I do... but I'm the author, I'm writing the damn story.
 
Well, that's all I have for now... so until next chapter!!
 
Currently listening to: y Love - T-ara