"We really are sisters"

Just Keep SMILING~
 
“Are you sure you can do this?”
 
“Yeah, I just need to stretch first.”
 
“You’ll be okay, right?”
 
“I’ve done this several times, I’ll be fine”
 
“If you say so”
 
“Just make sure you have the lotion ready”
 
“Why do you need the lotion again?”
 
“Because my hand will hurt”
 
“Just remember to go as fast as you can”
 
There was a crash by the air vent, “STOP WITH THE UAL ACTIVITY!!” Key shouted.
 
“What ual activity?” Minkyu looked over her shoulder to find a red-faced Key and an almost passed out Taemin and Jongin.
 
It took a few moments to realize there was absolutely no ual activity. All that was happening was Minkyu sitting beside Tessa who was playing a mini-game on Mario Party that required her to rotate the control stick.
 
“You guys are weird” Key muttered as he dragged the two younger boys and sat on the couch with them.
 
“That’s what makes us special” Minkyu laughed as Tessa finished the mini-game.
 
“Dude, look at my hand” Tessa said as she held out her palm for the others to see.
 
“Whoa… it looks really red” Taemin commented.
 
Tessa chuckled slightly, “Your mom’s hand was really read when I–”
 
“Tessa!” Minkyu scolded.
 
“—spilled cherry Kool-aid on it” Tessa dodged a terrible outcome of what the joke was intended for.
 
“Why were you making cherry Kool-aid with my mom?” Taemin innocently questioned.
 
Minkyu and Key simultaneously clasped their hands onto Taemin’s mouth. “Don’t add more fuel to the fire” Key muttered.
 
“You were the one taking an innocent game of Mario Party the wrong way” Tessa retorted as she returned her attention back to the TV.
 
“Since when was a game of Mario Party innocent?” Minkyu dramatically asked.
 
Tessa glanced over at Jongin, “You’ll either get used to this or get scared for life… it’s up to destiny to decide that”
 
“Has she always been philosophical?” Jongin asked Taemin, Key, and Minkyu.
 
The look the three gave him was priceless.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“LET THERE BE CAKE!!!” Lani cheered as she practically shoved the cake into her face.
 
“There’s only cake because the fans sent it to us” Lola facepalmed as she took a small bite out of hers.
 
“Well… there’s three cakes” Mika corrected. “The fans really do know us, huh?”
 
“And it’s only been a year” Minkyu sighed and smiled as she took a bite out of the angel food cake.
 
“Funny how it feels like it’s been longer than that” Jinyo added as she leaned back in her chair.
 
Sohee walked up behind her and leaned on the chair. “Probably because of most of our trainee years”
 
She must have pushed the chair with a lot of force because the chair fell backwards with Sohee and Jinyo following suit. The other girls started laughing at their clumsiness. “And so it begins” Tiffannii commented as she made a move to help the two up.
 
Minkyu looked over at Koro who was just looking at her phone with a sad expression. “What’s with you?”
 
“Eli’s been ignoring me” Koro replied.
 
“Weren’t they having a comeback soon?” Minkyu tried reasoning out.
 
“Even so… he would still at least text me something” Koro answered.
 
Minkyu tried to think of something to say, but she failed to do so. She then thought of something as she remembered what happened a few weeks ago. “Look on the bright side… I saw one of those blonde guys checking you out while we were backstage the other day”
 
“You mean one of the B.A.P. guys?” Koro asked, expression still unchanged.
 
Minkyu nodded, “Yeah, I can’t remember what his name was… Youngjae? Does that sound right?”
 
“That does sound right… but how is this going to cheer me up exactly?” Koro kept a poker face.
 
Minkyu shrugged as Mika approached them with two plates of cake. “Are you talking about that blonde dude that was undressing Koro in his mind?”
 
Mika earned a hard slap on the back from Koro in which earned a hefty laugh from Minkyu. “I don’t think he was doing that exactly, but he definitely was staring at her.” Minkyu said through her laughter.
 
“Who’s staring at my daughter?” Jenny suddenly appeared as she wrapped her arms around Koro’s neck in a hug.
 
“It’s our daughter, remember?” Mika chuckled, “Smiley Faces have already deemed me the father of SMILE”
 
Jenny just stuck her tongue out at Mika as she swayed Koro back and forth. Jenny then took a breath and started singing, “The sun of our dreams shakes our hearts. Take my hand, put your trust in me as we fly away to the sky.
 
“That is your favorite song on our album” Koro smiled.
 
“Everyone has to have a favorite song” Jenny chuckled. “And mine just so happens to be that one in which I keep singing all the time”
 
“Anyway,” Minkyu tried switching the subject, “How’s the Karaoke party for Exo coming along?”
 
“The day’s already set. It took a lot of convincing… and a lot of aegyo… to get Exo’s managers to agree” Jenny smiled.
 
“Whose aegyo did you use?” Koro was almost afraid to ask.
 
“Whose do you think?” Jenny hinted as she nodded her head towards Jinyo.
 
The others’ faces paled when they realized the answer to the question. “I think that’s the new ‘go-to’ in order to get what we want” Minkyu warily chuckled as she took a drink from her soda.
 
“It’s only as a last resort” Jenny corrected, “But at least we’re getting a karaoke party with Exo”
 
“That’s good… and poor Tessa, she has to put up with them during their showcase” Mika added.
 
“That’s right. I forgot about that” Jenny looked up as she remembered. “Well, at least she’ll have Leeteuk with her to cushion the blow”
 
“True.” Koro nodded but turned to Mika, “So I’ve noticed you and Kris are getting closer”
 
“What about it?” Mika asked as she tried hiding the nervousness in her voice.
 
“I can clearly see that Kris likes you… actually I think he has liked you for a while” Jenny replied.
 
“Why are you implying this now?” Mika asked just as Minkyu patted her shoulder.
 
“Don’t worry about it, it’s just something to mention that we pay attention to your love life” Minkyu said with casualty.
 
Mika blinked at the older before turning to look at the two younger girls. “I appreciate you looking out for me… keep it up” Mika smiled as the other two engulfed her in a big bear hug.
 
“That’s what sisters do” Koro smiled.
 
“I want in on this hug too” Minkyu pouted as she wrapped her arms around the big group.
 
Suddenly, the group felt more weight piled on them. “You know the rules, no group hug without Bunny” Sohee said as she and Jinyo hugged whoever was closest to them.
 
“Group hug?” Lani’s voice echoed as she went to join the hug.
 
“Okay… we can clearly see this group hug action going on… how dare you not include us?” Lola joked as she and Tiffannii joined.
 
“Alright, who’s missing?” Jenny asked as she tried looking around and found Tessa sitting by herself. “Hey you, come join us!”
 
Tessa looked up and saw the jumbled mess that were her group mates. She cracked a smile as she joined the gigantic group hug. “This does it… we really are sisters”
 

 

Who else "aww"-ed at the last part? I did... and I'm the writer.
 
So we are greeted with something innapropriate (seemingly) and we ended with a heartwarming scene. Seems strange, but I think that's how SMILE works. We're really strange... but it all works out in the end.
 
Well, sorry about not updating for a while. I've been dealing with some personal issues and I was working on a manga scene all week last week. Plus homework and basketball games kind of top that. I'm doing my best to get chapters up as soon as I can.
 
Next chapter: I'm going to skip ahead to Exo's debut and the karaoke party that follows. Hmm, SMILE + Exo = ???
 
See you next time!
 
Currently listening to: Lollipop 2 - Big Bang