Phone Tag

Just Keep SMILING~
 
“Hey, you’ve reached Lee Soonyeon. Sorry sorry, I can’t take your call. Let’s play a game of phone tag!”
 
Minhyuk released a sigh after the third time of trying to call Tiffannii. “This sure is a one sided game of tag”
 
“Who’s playing tag?” Eunkwang asked as he overheard Minhyuk’s mutters.
 
“This shouldn’t be any of your concern” Minhyuk mumbled as he tried dialing the number he has memorized by heart.
 
After a few rings, someone picked up the phone much to Minhyuk’s surprise.
 
“Hello, Tiffannii’s boyfriend!” An overly-excited voice that was not the Tiffannii’s answered the phone.
 
“Lani, give me the phone!” Tiffannii’s voice was heard in the background.
 
“So, Tiffannii’s boyfriend, I see you’ve tried to call her three times.” Lani chuckled.
 
“Uhh… yeah” Minhyuk nervously replied.
 
“Aww, you sound so cute when you’re nervous” Lani cooed.
 
“Kwang Leilani, if you don’t hand me my phone right now, I will—”
 
“Tiffannii, we have young ears in this household”
 
“YOU’RE THE YOUNGEST IN THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW AND YOU’RE AN ADULT SO HAND ME THE DAMN PHONE!!”
 
Minhyuk held the phone at arm’s length to save his ears. Even Eunkwang heard the shouting and was concerned for his hearing. When he thought it was safe, he put the phone back to his ear. “Umm… is everything alright over there?”
 
“Whenever Lani is invoved, it’s never alright” a new voice said over the phone.
 
“Umm… may I ask who this is?” Minhyuk was feeling more nervous now.
 
“Oh, sorry, this is Jinyo speaking. Who is this?” Jinyo replied.
 
“Minhyuk…” Minhyuk nervously muttered.
 
“Why do you sound so scared?” Jinyo asked. “Is this because Ilhoon said I intimidated him on whatever show that was?”
 
“Umm… No?” Minhyuk answered, not very confidently.
 
Jinyo released a sigh, “I’ll have Tiffannii call you back later after I get her to stop beating up Lani”
 
“Oh, alright, bye” Minhyuk said and hung up.
 
“What happened?” Eunkwang asked out of curiosity.
 
“Things. Things happened” Minhyuk replied as he stared at his phone.
 
Eunkwang looked at Minhyuk with a concerned expression. “Whatever you say”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Mika-unni, who are you talking to?” Koro poked Mika’s arm as she was on the phone with someone.
 
“That’s none of your concern, Koro” Mika politely replied as she resumed her conversation with the person on the other line.
 
“But unni~” Koro whined, “I want to know about your personal life!”
 
“You already know a lot about my personal life without me telling you about my personal life” Mika glared at Koro before turning her attention back to her phone conversation.
 
“Unni~” Koro kept whining.
 
“Do you want me bugging you about your personal life?” Mika shot at her.
 
“Yes?” Koro innocently shrugged causing Mika to face palm.
 
“I don’t suppose you know how to help me, do you?” Mika asked the person on the phone.
 
“I don’t know how I can help you when I’m all the way in China” the person on the phone replied.
 
Koro tried her best to listen in on her conversation. All she figured out was that the voice was definitely male. “Unni, who are you talking to?” Koro kept pouting.
 
“If I tell you, will you stop bugging me?” Mika asked. Koro nodded her head in a cute, childish manner. “I don’t believe you”
 
“You can believe me unni!” Koro did her absolute best to try and convince Mika.
 
“Don’t believe her, Tao pulls these types of stunts all the time” the voice on the phone replied.
 
“I wasn’t going to believe her anyway” Mika chuckled as she stood up and physically pushed Koro out of her room. When her whole body was out of the room, Mika closed the door and locked it. “Sorry, Kris, but you know how a bratty maknae can be”
 
Kris chuckled, “Believe me, I do…”
 
“Kris-hyung, can I ask you something?” Mika heard a voice on the other line.
 
“Just grow a pair of balls and just call her. She’s probably waiting for you to call” Kris said to the person. “Sorry about that Mika, Chen’s been asking me for advice for his love life”
 
Mika started laughing, “And she’s been waiting for his call for a while now. She’s almost tempted to just call him herself… but she told me she was planning something”
 
“Well, we’ll be back in South Korea before the end of the year” Kris said. “She might start her plan when we come back because she called me and asked if the idea was alright.”
 
“She asked you?” Mika seemed a little surprised.
 
“We did talk in English so nobody seemed suspicious” Kris replied.
 
“I think they were suspicious that you were speaking in English” Mika said. “But just get him to call her, they need to start talking to each other more!”
 
“My point exactly” Kris agreed. “Just like we are?”
 
“Just like we are” Mika agreed and nodded her head.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Come on, we need to figure this out before Youngmin chews us out” Tessa played the leader role for the dancer line.
 
Tiffannii, Lani, Sohee, and Minkyu groaned as they played the music back for the fortieth time that night. “It’s surprising that they’re letting us come up with choreography instead of someone else” Lani thought out loud.
 
As Minkyu went to the stereo to play the song again, Tessa heard her phone go off. “You guys figure something out, I’ll just take this call” she told the others as she grabbed her phone and stepped out into the hall. “Yeoboseyo?”
 
“Hey… Tessa…” a nervous sounding Chen greeted over the phone.
 
“Chen, hi” Tessa was all smiles, “It’s already midnight, what made you call?”
 
“Kris dialed your number and held it up to my ear” Chen chuckled, still sounding nervous.
 
“Is he still holding it to your ear? Because that would be pretty funny” Tessa commented as she looked back in the practice room and saw the other four working on the choreography.
 
“He was until ten seconds ago” Chen started loosening up. “So what are you doing?”
 
“Your mom” Tessa immediately replied.
 
“What?”
 
“Sorry, that’s just my go-to answer for that question” Tessa corrected herself. “But the non-erted answer is that the dance line is working on what to do for our dance break for our next song”
 
“How long have you been working on that?” Chen asked.
 
“Since 8:30” Tessa replied as she saw Minkyu smack Lani upside the head. “Hey you two, play nice!” she called out to them.
 
“I’m guessing that’s Lani” Chen chuckled.
 
“Even though she seems like she’s all play and no work, she gets stuff done when it comes to dance.” Tessa said as she couldn’t help but smile.
 
“So how’s your Chinese coming along?” Chen changed the subject.
 
“Take wherever you’re at, and knock down a few notches, and that’s where I am” Tessa answered.
 
“So… not very good” Chen concluded.
 
“Not at all” Tessa agreed. “The thing is if I learn the pronunciations, I can learn a song… but I can’t read, write, or speak it worth crap”
 
“I understand that” Chen laughed. “But with the extra lessons we’ve been getting, I’m improving by quite a lot”
 
“That’s great! I know you’ll get it. It took me a while to get Japanese when I was 12 but I’m completely fluent now” Tessa smiled.
 
“You learned Japanese when you were 12?” Chen seemed surprised.
 
“I came to Japan when I was 12, Hear n’ Soul didn’t debut until 2005.” Tessa replied. “And before you say anything, yes, we did debut at a young age”
 
“You would have been… 14 when you debuted?” Chen wondered.
 
“Uhh… yes, since it was after my birthday” Tessa nodded as she looked back in the practice room.
 
“All those years in Japan and you decided to come to South Korea?” Chen chuckled.
 
“Hell yeah, I am a Korean-American after all” Tessa chuckled as well as she walked back in the practice room.
 
“Unni, I think we have this figured out!” Sohee cheered.
 
“Alright” Tessa replied, “Well, I have to go. Got some choreography to learn.”
 
“Okay, I’ll call you some time in the future” Chen said.
 
“Make sure it’s on your own and not Kris, or any other member, doing that for you.” Tessa laughed. “Bye”
 
The moment Tessa hung up, Lani was all up in her business. “So… who was that?” Lani smiled.
 
“Who do you think?” Tessa smirked as she shoved Lani out of her way. “So what do you have for this dance break of ours?”
 

 

Well... this seemed like a random chapter.
 
So this is basically a game of phone tag. (But not really) I really just wanted to touch up on some of the relationships. That's basically all I was going for in this chapter. So it's filler material.
 
So... not much of an A/N this time around. Here's what I'll do... tell me what was your favorite part of this chapter. I'm curious to know.
 
Well, I'll see you next time!
 
Currently listening to: What's Up? - Morning Musume