Surprises

Just Keep SMILING~
 
“Is she going to be okay?” Jenny asked the others as she noticed Mika’s dumbfounded expression.
 
“Probably not” Jinyo replied with casualty.
 
“How long has it been?” Koro asked as she poked Mika’s arm.
 
“24 minutes” Lani bluntly answered.
 
“Guys, she’s starting to speak” Sohee shushed everyone as their attention diverted to Mika.
 
“He’s afraid of me… because I took the last candy on Halloween in ‘08” Mika mumbled, still with a shocked expression.
 
Meanwhile, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Sehun started talking to Tessa. “So you’re going to be one of the MCs at our showcase?” Sehun asked.
 
Tessa nodded, “Yep. It’s going to be me alongside Leeteuk… but let’s face it, nobody can match up to Leeteuk’s MC skills”
 
“I have a feeling you’re just being modest” Kyungsoo proclaimed.
 
Chanyeol nodded in agreement, “Yeah, I’ve seen you on variety shows, you’ve got what it takes.”
 
“If you say so” Tessa mumbled as she took a drink of her soda. “So what’s with you three? You guys have goofy faces”
 
“What do you mean by that?” Chanyeol reacted as he purposefully made a goofy face.
 
“We should call you guys the ‘Derp Squad’” Tessa nodded proudly at her creative name.
 
“That name will never take off” Sehun negatively replied.
 
“Just watch, the fans will be calling you guys that all the time” Tessa chuckled at Sehun’s bluntness.
 
“Good to see you laugh again, Tessa-unni” Sohee suddenly appeared and sat next to Tessa on the couch.
 
“How can you see laughter?” Chanyeol questioned earning strange stares from the two girls.
 
“What are we going to do with you, Chanyeol?” Sohee shook her head in disappointment.
 
Chanyeol shrugged as Tessa whispered something in Kyungsoo’s ear. Kyungsoo nodded to whatever Tessa said and the curiosity level raised within Sehun and Sohee.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“So this is what backstage to a music show are like” Ilhoon said in awe as he looked around.
 
“We’re debuting in about a month… stop acting like you’ve never seen this before.” Eunkwang sighed as he followed the manager.
 
Hyunsik was quietly following along until he looked over to his left and found Minhyuk looking around frantically. “Why do you look like a dog sniffing out ?”
 
Minhyuk shot the younger a glare, “I’m trying to look for SMILE’s room”
 
“That’s right,” Hyunsik bluntly replied, “You’re practically Anni’s number one fanboy”
 
“Oh shut up” Minhyuk pouted as they continued to walk the halls.
 
“Did you see the way Lani almost dive-bombed into the cake?” The sound of a girl’s laughter roared down the halls.
 
“It took three of us just to hold her back” Another girl replied.
 
“OH MY GOD, THAT’S HER!!!” Minhyuk shouted as he tried hiding among his group mates.
 
“Dude calm down” Changsub said after he covered his ears.
 
“What do I say? Should I just say ‘hello’? Should I be formal? I have to, she’s a sunbae, but she’s also two years and three months younger than I am. OTTEOKHAE!!!” Minhyuk was obviously panicking.
 
Minhyuk met his rude awakening by a slap to the face from Sungjae. He met his next rude awakening by a voice he’s memorized by heart speaks up.
 
“Is everything alright with you guys?” Tiffannii asked cautiously as Lola observed the younger boys.
 
“Yes everything is fine” Peniel showed a picture perfect smile and acted like Minhyuk didn’t just experience a panic attack.
 
“I’m not so sure about that…” Lola commented as she motioned towards a nervously shaking Minhyuk hiding behind Eunkwang.
 
“Are you alright?” Tiffannii walked towards Minhyuk and poked his arm.
 
Minhyuk just stared at Tiffannii for a few moments without even replying. After a hefty slap on the back from Ilhoon, Minhyuk finally said. “I’m alright…”
 
Tiffannii couldn’t help but laugh, “You’re too cute”
 
“Is this love I smell in the air?”
 
Both Tiffannii and Lola groaned at the sound of Lani’s overconfident voice. “What is it now, Lani?” Lola asked.
 
“You know me, gotta fulfill the roll of Cupid, for I was born today on Valentines’ Day” Lani announced as she struck a confident pose.
 
“And how has playing cupid helped you in the long run?” Tiffannii sighed, “Most relationships you played cupid in don’t exist anymore”
 
Lani just pouted and glanced back at Minhyuk, “Well it’s obvious that he’s got a thing for you”
 
Tiffannii facepalmed as Lola started chuckling, “Are you guys going to stick around after the recordings?”
 
“We plan to” Eunkwang replied politely. “And good luck with your performance”
 
“Thank you” the girls smiled.
 
As they were walking away, Tiffannii looked back and made eye contact with Minhyuk. Minhyuk tried to remain cool, but on the inside he was fanboying… hard.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Are you crying?” Jenny teasingly asked Lani as they were walking back to their dressing room.
 
“No…” Lani stubbornly replied, “I just have mascara in my eyes…”
 
“You’re totally crying” Jenny laughed, “It’s okay, I would have cried too”
 
“Our fans are amazing” Jinyo commented, “They do so much for us”
 
“Yeah, they got all of Lani’s favorite everything as a birthday present” Sohee said.
 
“Plus the special fanchant they did” Minkyu added.
 
“After this, we’re almost guaranteed that they’ll do this for Tiffannii’s birthday coming up” Mika said.
 
“Ten days… but we’re still celebrating Lani’s 18th, so let’s eat some cake” Tiffannii cheered as she draped her arm around Lani’s shoulder.
 
After the group changed back into their casual clothing, they were heading towards the vans to Tessa and Jinyo’s radio show. As they were walking out, they ran into L.Joe.
 
“Hey, L.Joe” Minkyu greeted.
 
“Hey noona” L.Joe politely greeted back.
 
“What’s in your hands?” Koro questioned.
 
“A present for Lani” L.Joe answered honestly.
 
“I think we should leave these two be” Minkyu motioned for everyone to go ahead, “We’ll wait for you at the vans”
 
Lani gave a curt nod as her attention went to L.Joe. “So… what did you get me?”
 
L.Joe handed her the small card and medium sized box. He felt a little nervous but Lani didn’t seem to notice. “If you’re wanting to shake the box, it’s alright. There’s nothing breakable inside.” L.Joe chuckled when he saw Lani’s curious expression towards the box.
 
Lani opened the card and cracked a smile. The card was a picture of a Bulbasaur with the caption of ‘You’ll always be my number one!’ She then opened the box revealing a yellow Pikachu jacket.
 
“How did you know I wanted one?” Lani asked, referring to the jacket.
 
“I saw on a fansite that you like Pokémon” L.Joe sheepishly replied.
 
“It’s very cute,” Lani smiled, “Thank you!”
 
L.Joe was expecting a smile and a thank you but not a big bear hug. “You’re welcome” was all he managed to say back.
 
Lani pulled away and immediately put on the jacket. “Before I forget, let me see your phone.” L.Joe hesitantly handed her his phone and Lani frantically punched her number in. “Now you have my number! Feel free to send a text or call at any time”
 
L.Joe nodded as he watched her walk away. His phone went off and the text was from Lani.
 
It read: And the card was cute too! ;)
 

 

Charmanders are Red, Squirtles are Blue, If you were a Pokemon, I'd choose you!
 
Anyway, we finally find out the reason Chanyeol is scared of Mika! She took the last candy on Halloween when Chanyeol first became a trainee. We'll get the entire story eventually. Tessa comes up with the name "Derp Squad" and we all know how well that takes off. Minhyuk is Tiffannii's ultimate fanboy. L.Joe gives Lani a Valentines present/Birthday present.
 
So far, we all know that Lani is still with Minho, right? But what's with their relationship right now? Lani is just a normally social girl, would Minho be bothered by this?
 
Guess we'll find out next time!
 
Currently listening to: Ai No Gundan - Morning Musume