Normal November Day (Or Not)

Just Keep SMILING~
 
“I know it’s only been for a short time, but I feel like it’s too much to handle. I’m sorry…”
 
Those words echoed in Tessa’s mind for the past month. She also remembers the hurt look on Sungmin’s face when she said those words to them—crystal clear. She doesn’t know why she keeps thinking about it… it just happens.
 
SMILE had their goodbye stage for I Don’t Know the previous night and now they don’t have very many schedules for a while. On a particular day off, Tessa was just lying in her bed, staring at the ceiling, in deep thought.
 
She was silent all day and it worried Jinyo. “You know,” she started speaking when she sad on the side of Tessa’s bed, “If something is bothering you, you could tell us”
 
“I know…” Tessa released a sigh as her gaze never shifted from the ceiling.
 
Jinyo made a face of frustration, “Stop being so silent… it’s scary”
 
Tessa shrugged, “I’ve seen worse”
 
Jinyo made another face, “Tessa, if you don’t put a smile on your face…” she then tried to think of the worst punishment ever, “I will do aegyo”
 
Tessa didn’t sit up, but her gaze did shift over to Jinyo. “What?” she flatly reacted.
 
Jinyo only nodded, “I warned you” She then changed her expression and put her fists up to her cheeks and let out a soft—but cute—“Bbuing bbuing~”
 
Tessa immediately shot up and squeezed Jinyo to death, “Why are you so cute?!” Tessa then relaxed her grip, “You’re even scarier when you do aegyo”
 
“Yah!” Jinyo chuckled. “Are you saying I can’t do aegyo?”
 
“I’m not saying you can’t… but I’m saying you shouldn’t” Tessa clarified as she chuckled a little bit.
 
“But, hey, I got you to smile” Jinyo smiled… which seemed a little out of character.
 
“I guess so…” Tessa smiled a little as she just snuggled into Jinyo.
 
Jinyo appeared to be thinking about something, “Tell you what, let’s go out today!”
 
Tessa looked up at Jinyo—the seven cm difference is a little much for her. “Promise me you won’t be a badass and leave me like last time?”
 
Jinyo laughed at the memory, “Promise! Now let’s go!”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“It’s not fair” Tiffannii pouted as she sat on the couch.
 
“What’s not fair?” Jenny casually asked she looked up from her laptop.
 
“Jinyo-unni took Tessa-unni out shopping… WHY CAN’T SHE DO THAT FOR ME?!” Tiffannii hugged Jenny from her spot on the couch.
 
“Are you close with Jinyo-unni?” Jenny asked.
 
Tiffannii looked up and blinked at Jenny. “No…?”
 
“There you go; that’s your answer” Jenny blankly replied as she turned her attention back to her laptop.
 
Tiffannii pouted as she let go of Jenny. “Do you want to—?”
 
“No” Jenny answered before the question was finished.
 
Tiffannii pouted even more. “But unni~”
 
“You’re older than I am!” Jenny stared at Tiffannii. “Why are you calling me unni?”
 
“Because I wanted to practice my aegyo?” Tiffannii tried as she shrugged and looked at Jenny with hopeful eyes.
 
Jenny burned holes through Tiffannii through her stares. “If you want to go shopping, go with the children”
 
Tiffannii made a face, “The children?”
 
“The maknae line? The 94ers? Lani, Koro, and Sohee?” Jenny tried clearing confusion.
 
“Ahh” Tiffannii nodded in understanding, “Who came up with that?”
 
“I saw it on Minkyu’s Twitter,” Jenny started, “She posted a picture with them backstage saying ‘Backstage with the children’”
 
“Are we going to keep calling them that?” Tiffannii chuckled a little bit.
 
“All the others agreed on it… but the children themselves” Jenny laughed.
 
Tiffannii laughed as she stood up from the couch, “CHILDREN, TIME TO GO SHOPPING!!”
 
“NO!!!” came the response from Koro and Sohee’s room.
 
“You could be a lot nicer…” Tiffannii pouted once more. “KWANG LEILANI!!!”
 
Lani poked her head out of her bedroom, “Yes?”
 
“Go shopping with me!” That was not a question as Lani was suddenly dragged by her wrist and led out the door.
 
Jenny returned her attention back to her laptop. “Oh the joys on this particular November day… what will happen next?” she thought out loud as she decided to surf Youtube for random SMILE videos.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“I don’t understand why the hell am I scary” Mika pondered as she was walking through the SM building. “What’s so scary about me?”
 
“Who thinks you’re scary?”
 
Mika turned around and found a familiar face… along with a familiar height. “Apparently, Chanyeol-ah thinks I’m scary”
 
“That’s harsh…” the guy commented.
 
“Tell me about it” Mika sighed, “I don’t understand what’s so scary about me. It should be Lani, or Koro, hell Minkyu even! Why me?”
 
“Maybe it’s a Chanyeol thing… because I don’t think you’re scary at all” the guy replied.
 
Mika couldn’t help but smile, “Thanks, Wu Fan”
 
“You can go ahead and call me Kris” Kris chuckled.
 
“But I like that name” Mika pouted, “And I will probably be calling you that”
 
Kris rolled his eyes, “Alright… take care, Mika”
 
Mika nodded as they split paths. Two moments later…
 
“What was that about?”
 
Mika turned and to her surprise, she sees Jonghyun right behind her. “What?”
 
“You and Kris… what was up with that?” Jonghyun asked once more.
 
“Is there anything wrong with talking to the hoobaes?” Mika asked back, “You’re doing that right now” Jonghyun just stared at Mika. He was at a loss for words when Mika continued. “And you talk to Luna all the time and I really don’t care. What makes this any different?” she asked without raising her voice, surprisingly.
 
Jonghyun was taken aback by the calmness in her voice. “Okay… you have a valid point… but why Kris though?”
 
Mika stared at Jonghyun for a few moments before something clicked, “Is it because he’s taller?”
 
Mika could see the light shattering in Jonghyun’s imagination. “No…?”
 
She stared at Jonghyun with stern eyes, “Jonghyun, don’t lie to me”
 
Jonghyun released a sigh, “That’s one reason…”
 
“So there are others?”
 
“Yes… no! Umm… Maybe?”
 
Mika released a sigh, “Jonghyun, you’re too much sometimes” she shook her head.
 
“Good or bad?”
 
“Indifferent”
 
Jonghyun tried finding some words to say, but he could find nothing. “So what now?”
 
“You tell me” Mika said as she began to walk away…
 

 

So what's become of Mika and Jonghyun now?
 
Well, we find out Tessa broke it off with Sungmin and Jinyo used aegyo (it was supper effective) to get Tessa in a good mood. Tiffannii is complaining Jinyo didn't take her shopping. Mika runs into Kris then Jonghyun in her thinking aloud adventures.
 
And yes, I will refer the 94-line (Lani, Koro, Sohee) as "the children." I came up with that one day and I decided to stick with it. Oh, and we're in November, so we skipped a month. Get used to some time skips because the next major story arc will be in February-March 2012 (Warning you now).
 
Well... what do you think will happen during SMILE's downtime?
 
Currently listening to: Growl (Chinese) - Exo