Happily Ever After

Typical Married Life Of A Rich Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I...I-I...I had finally found....found you!!"  The guy was taken aback by Yoona's backhug. "Kwon Ji Yong!"

 

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"Anniyo. Gwenchana... It had been a deal from the start, Oppa." Yoona shook her head and let out a dry chuckle as she opened the drawer, taking out the piece of contract that she and Ji Yong had made since day 1 of their engagement. She showed it to Seung Hyun.

 

"No way."

 

 

Seung Hyun looked at the content and was once again, lost for words. Things changed. It took Seung Hyun a while to find back his words.

 

 

"But now, it's no longer a deal right? It's more than that." Seung Hyun looked up at Yoona.

 

"M-Mwuh?" Yoona became flustered as she smiled at him nervously, wringing her hands about.

 

"You can lie to anyone, but me, Im Yoona."

 

"Oppa, I-I really don't know what you're talking about..." Yoona evaded his eyes and fixed her gaze on the window.

 

"Yah Im Yoona. You're thinking that if you agree on marrying me, then you can save Kwon Cooperation shares, as well as using this chance to wait for Ji Yong." Seung Hyun turned her body to face him.

 

"Oppa!"

 

"Looks like I'm right." Seung Hyun smirked. "Gosh. I'm being used..." He put his hand over his heart in mock pain.

 

"Mianhae Oppa..." Yoona felt guilty as she pouted. "But-But how do you know..."

 

"Your sudden outburst of excitement about marrying me, when a moment ago, you were just being plain angry and upset with Ji for leaving you. And with the strict Uncle Park pressing on the terms and conditions of the shares, it's not exactly that hard to figure out that you would sought this method." Seung Hyun stood up and faced the window. "But I'm rather amazed at how you manage to come out with this list in such a short time and even get his signature on it. How was this even possible?" Seung Hyun chuckled as he looked at the "contract" made by Ji Yong and Yoona.

 

"Oh... I knew I could never hide anything from you..." Yoona sighed in defeat. "Oppa, but one thing you've got it wrong. That wasn't something I made up. It was real. I wrote this and asked Ji Yong to sign on it on the very first day of our engagement. I just thought I needed some self protection." Yoona shrugged her shoulder and pointed to the piece of paper.

 

"Chinjia?" Seung Hyun was surprised when Yoona nodded her head. "Wow. You never failed to surprise me, Yoona..."

 

"But I failed to keep my husband by my side, Oppa..." Yoona's face fell. "How could he even thought of this..."

 

"Come on. Do you really think that he would leave you without a word? He had been weird since yesterday night, asking me to take care of you and how you guys aren't meant to be. There must be something wrong with him. Yoona ah... Mianhae... I should have been adamant in getting an answer out from him."

 

"Anniyo Oppa... I should have paid more attention to him too. When I texted him yesterday night, he sounded weird too. He sounded a little melancholy... Come to think of it, he had been acting a little weird ever since he visited Dr. Ha too... I should have known better... Now, it's too late..."

 

"Oh... Jemkanmanyo. Did you just say he went to visit Dr. Ha?"

 

"Neh. The other night, when we went out for a date, he caught a cold. I insisted on him visiting Dr. Ha to get his cold medicine. What about it?" Yoona asked.

 

"Dr. Ha... Ji Yong's unusual behaviour..." Seung Hyun mumbled to himself and finally, everything dawned on him. "Omo... Please do not tell me he's having a relapse..."

 

"Mwuh? Relapse? What about it Oppa? You're scaring me..."

 

"Yoona ah, I guessed Ji Yong had told you about his ex-girlfriend, Park Bom. Right?" Seung Hyun looked up at Yoona once again.

 

"Neh... He loved her alot... He even got hurt because of her..."

 

"Looks like he didn't tell you about the other half of the story. That guy." Seung Hyun shook his head.

 

"There's another part to this story?!" Yoona was shocked.

 

"Wow wow. Relax, Yoong. Well, there is. But I guess he didn't want you to get jealous and misunderstood him." Seung Hyun smirked.

 

"Oppa, cut the suspense and tell me already!" Yoona nudged Seung Hyun's arms impatiently.

 

"Araso arso. Im Choding." Seung Hyun chuckled. "Ok. Yeahs. Ji did fall head over heels for her. And well, he did almost killed himself because of her, sliting his wrists..."

 

"Oppa, I already know all these..." Yoona cut Seung Hyun off.

 

"Yah. I'm just about to get to the . Don't interrupt me. I need to develop some feelings alrights."

 

"Chinjia. Since when are you so dorky, Oppa?" Yoona stuck out her tongue at him playfully.

 

"Since ever~" Seung Hyun snorted. "Ok. Back to the point. So, he slit his wrist. But he didn't manage to die. We found him and sent him to the hospital just in time. But then, the situation was worse than we thought. When we weren't looking, Ji found another pocket knife and slit himself. Of course, we blamed the hospital personnel for this neligence, but then, what could else could be done? To make matters worse, that pocket knife is rusty. So, he was contracted with tetanus. It's a very serious illness and needed immediate medical attention. But, that stubborn Kwon Ji Yong refused to receive any medication. His body refused all IV drips and jabs. He totally gave up on himself. That continued on for 3 consective days... His immune system was at its maximum limits already. Due to the high fever, his brain was inflammed.... Yah. Yoona ah. Gwenchana?" Seung Hyun took a glance at Yoona who had turned pale.

 

"N-Neh... Continue please Oppa..." Yoona found her lips trembling. She didn't know Ji Yong had been through such a hard time for a relationship.

 

"At the look of it, he must had been afraid of your reaction and hence, didn't went into the details... Alrights. So, his brain was inflammed. Dr. Ha told us that if he still kept on rejecting all the medicine, he would die... That's when Appa and Umma got horrified and pleaded Ji Yong to take medicine. I would never forget how Umma knelt in front of his bedside to plead him to receive treatment. That's probably why ever since then, Appa and Umma never got involved into our relationships... I was so frustrated and anxious to see him in that state that I pulled him up from the bed and dragged him into the toilet, drenching him with cold water as he stood there trembling."

 

"Mwuh?! Aren't you going to kill him?!!"

 

"Well, come to think of it, I was a little impulsive I guess. Umma wanted to stop me but I locked the door, refusing anyone to enter. I wanted him to be awake. Life still goes on. The earth would still revolve no matter how depressed, how dejected you are...."

 

"Oh... So you're the one who made him realise this harsh fact..." Yoona nodded approvingly. "I knew he wasn't that smart to come up with such meaningful sentence." 

 

"He told you about this?"

 

"Yeahs. He said that he realised that life would still go on. Earth would still revolve no matter how depressed you are."

 

"Yupps. He was awaken by this fact. It was only till then did he start picking himself up and to receive treatment. With his perseverance and strong will to fight the virus, of course everything was made much easier. He survived. He won the gate of death just by a slight margin. That was the moment where the whole Kwon Family was in despair... I would never forget that moment. How Umma would always be in tears and how Yul would forever cry in my shoulder, asking me when would Ji Yong wake up..."

 

"And it's all thanks to you, Oppa....You did so much for the Kwons..." Yoona got teary at the end of the story.

 

"Well, I'm part of the Kwons, aren't I? I'm sure Khun would do that for you if the same thing were to happen to you." Seung Hyun broke into a smile.

 

"Neh... That's why I always thank god for Khun Oppa... And now, I thank god for you too, Seung Hyun Oppa." Yoona broke into an alluring smile.

 

"Ahhh. Fancy you crying and smiling at the same time. And yet, still look so beautiful. I guess you're the only one that is capable of that." Seung Hyun teased. "Ok. However, even though he had recover, Dr. Ha said that he might have a relapse because he received the treatment a little too late... He specifically instructed us not to agitate him and advised that he should not take any rides such as roller coaster rides and those high-rope aliments. It would trigger his brain. That's why, Appa and Umma had been giving in to him..."

 

"M-Mwuh?!! He is not allowed to take roller coaster rides?!! And yet he still took it with me, to help overcome my acrophobia!" Yoona shrieked in horror.

 

"Chinjia?! Is he crazy?!! Gosh. Still behaving like a kid... Even though he didn't have a relapse for years, doesn't mean his illness is completely cured. That idiot..."

 

"Omo... It's all my fault...." Yoona started to tear up again.

 

"Aishh~ It's not your fault, Yoong. He himself should have known better. He wanted to help you to overcome your phobia because he loves you. He is willing to do anything for you....That's something I can never compare with him. The courage to love...."

 

"Oppa... Come on, everyone knows how much you love Fany Unnie..." Yoona patted Seung Hyun's shoulder. "Oppa, I think, let's just leave this idea out... It's not a feasible one. I'm too selfish. I only thought about myself... My happiness..."

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"I don't want you to act with me. Because, this news would be spread out, and Fany Unnie would know... I don't want the misunderstandings to deepen between you two... There must be some other ways out. We can negotiate with Uncle Park."

 

"Anniyo. This IS the only way, Yoona. To preserve the shares and to wait for Ji Yong's return. This is the only way we could stall time. Stall enough time for Ji Yong to be back."

 

"But Oppa, what about you? I don't want you to sacrifice for me!"

 

"Yoona ah, I already told you. Me and Fany aren't meant to be. I've tried. Heaven just didn't want us to be together... I'm willing to let go. As long as she is happy. She had moved on. And I'm not going to stop her."

 

"Even so, where could we find Ji Yong? Oppa, this isn't just one or two days. It's about months, years, or perhaps, even a lifetime... If he is determined to avoid us, we can never find him..." Yoona sighed.

 

"Yah. Where was the determined Im Yoona that I had known? This is your idea. Have faith in your idea. Keep the belief."

 

"But Oppa, we must be realistic! We're totally clueless of where to begin our search!"

 

"Well, let's find Dr. Ha. If my analogy about Ji Yong not wanting to drag you down with his sickness, is correct, then it must have something to do with Dr. Ha. Dr. Ha must have given him some advices."

 

"But Dr. Ha is in America now and won't be back at least for 5 days."

 

"Then, let's just stick to this plan and wait for his return before we proceed with anything. Araso?"

 

"But...."

 

"Not buts. I would do anything. For my dongsaengs... And you and Ji Yong are my beloved. I won't just stand by and watch the two lovebirds being torn apart. I don't want you to be like me. Living with regrets..."

 

"Aww... Oppa..." Yoona couldn't helped but gave Seung Hyun a deep hug. "Gomawo..."

 

"Anything for you..." Seung Hyun smiled as he returned the hug. "Oh right. Let's keep this from Yul first. You know how impulsive is Yul. If this is being exposed, Uncle Park won't surrender the shares. He doesn't know how to view things in another matter other than law. So, let's play things safe."

 

-------

 

Just like what Seung Hyun had predicted, Yuri was angry at them. But they couldn't tell her the truth. She would leak out this secret unknowningly. And so, thy let the misunderstandings continued. The press conference was held, and the contract was signed. Everything was acting according to what they had planned. Since Kwon Cooperation was so busy, they didn't have the time to look for Doctor Ha. And so, it was 2 weeks later that both of them went to Seoul Hospital to find Doctor Ha. Just like Lawyer Park, Doctor Ha was a straightforward person too.

 

 

"Seung Hyun ah. You know this is the privacy of my patients. I can't leak out anything. This is my job."

 

"But Uncle Ha, it's Ji Yong! My dongsaeng! How could I not know anything? He IS missing." Seung Hyun begged to differ.

 

"Yeahs Ajussi. We really need to find him. He just vanished into the thin air. It had been two weeks since he went missing!" Yoona groaned.

 

"Mianhae Yoona... I can't tell you anything. I need to protect my patient's privacy. That's the basic of doctor's practices." Doctor Ha sighed.

 

"Araso araso... Yoona ah.. Thank god for that dectective.  He just contacted me. He said that Ji Yong is in New Zealand now. We should ask him to track him down, giving us the exact location of New Zealand." Seung Hyun turned to Yoona and started to speak to Yoona, ignoring Doctor Ha's presence.

 

"Mwuh? Isn't Ji Yong in America? I just came back from there a week ago... He couldn't be in New Zealand now.." Doctor Ha mumbled to himself, confused by Seung Hyun's sudden information.

 

"Mwuh? Ajussi, how could Ji Yong be in America? The detective already said that he is in New Zealand. How could he be in the states? Gojitmal." Yoona shook her head and pretended to pout. Their plan was working.

 

"Yeahs. Uncle Ha. How could you lie? You're a doctor." Seung Hyun added on, spiting him.

 

"Mwuh? I'm not lying! Ji Yong must be in USA! He had just received a surgery 2 weeks back! How coud he be running about! He couldn't see!" And just as predicted, Doctor Ha spilled out the truth.

 

"MWUH?! Couldn't see?!! Is...Is there by... by any chance.... that... that he is B..BLIND?!" Yoona shouted in shock.

 

"Omo! Yoona ah! Seung Hyun! How could you two trick me!" It was only till then, did Doctor Ha realised that he had fallen into the trap set by Yoona and Seung Hyun.

 

"Ajussi! Jebal! What happen to Ji Yong? Why was he blind?!!" Yoona couldn't care less about doctors' practices. She just needed to know where on earth and what happened to Ji Yong in this two weeks.

 

"Araso araso... For the first time, I'm going to break my rule.." Doctor Ha sighed. "He had a relapse..."

 

"Just as expected." Seung Hyun nodded his head.

 

"It was more serious this time round and I told him that he got to have a surgery and that the equipments are only available in the states. So, he told me to arrange for him the surgery and he didn't want you guys to know. Especially you, Yoona. He didn't want anyone of you to worry about him..."

 

"That Pabo..."

 

"What about the part that he is blind? What was that about."

 

"Well. There is a certain risk to this surgery.... It would cause him to become blind. It may be just temporary, or it could be a permanent thing..."

 

"Ajussi, where is him now?"

 

"Actually, to be frank with you, I don't know...."

 

"Mwuh? How could you NOT know?!! He's your patient!"

 

"Mollah... I'm not lying!"

 

"Calm down Yoong. Uncle Ha doesn't look like he's lying. You've got to stay calm if you want to find out his whereabouts..." Seung Hyun put his hand on Yoona's shoulder, trying to soothe her. "Why didn't you know, Uncle Ha?"

 

"Because, he escaped...."

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"I wanted to make a visit to you guys right after I came back from America. I think you guys have the right to know where he is... But when I was about to go, I received a call from America, saying that Ji Yong is missing. Apparently, after knowing that he is blind, he ran away from the hospital. I had been trying to locate him, but it seemed like he didn't want to be found. Hence, I didn't want you guys to worry..." Doctor Ha explained.

 

"When was he last seen?"

 

"Outside of the hospital. Being spotted by a cleaner... He even called the ajumma to help him hail a taxi, given that he couldn't see and that he was in a foreign land... That's how smart he is I guess. But don't worry. He must be still in America. I had checked the immigration records. There was no records of him leaving that country."

 

"Ottokeh... He couldn't see and... and he is alone!!" Yoona began to panic as tears threatened to fall.

 

"Kamsahaminda Uncle Ha. Sorry for being rude.... We'll come and visit you again. In the meantime, if you have any news about Ji Yong, please do inform me..." Seung Hyun helped Yoona up and bowed in gratitude, leaving the hospital.

 

------

 

Ever since then, Seung Hyun and Yoona started to look for Ji Yong. Seung Hyun had sent people to America to look for Ji Yong and also to spread news about his whereabouts. He even offered a reward to the people who are able to find him. Hence, there had been lots of frauds. Lots of people wanted to claim the rewards and stated that they had seen Ji Yong, but none of them were true. Still, Yoona and Seung Hyun kept on the belief that they would eventually find Ji Yong, no matter how long it would take.

 

Two weeks had passed and there were still no news of Ji Yong. But Yoona and Seung Hyun had more important things to handle. And that was to convince their parents and grandmother that they were in love and getting married. Everything seemed to be going on smoothly and their grandmother even wanted to introduce them to her close friends on her birthday party. Yoona and Seung Hyun thought that just like the public, their elders had believed their words too.

 

 

"Yorobun annyeonghaesaeyo... Thank you for coming to this old lady's 89th birthday celebration. I'm really happy and blessed to be standing here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter