An Unexpected Guest.

Typical Married Life Of A Rich Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything that happens in the next few days, seemed like a total blur vision to me. It is either they were passing too fast, or that I'm too depressed to react to them. The whole household was greiving for Harabeoji's death. Funeral was quickly arranged. Appa had decided to hold the wake right in our own mansion, at the backyard. Friends, relatives, business partners, all came to pay their respects. Seung Hyun Oppa, Ji Yong, Yuri Unnie and me were all busy entertaining the guests. There is lots of people that I hadn't met before. So, I actually got to meet them under such a circumstance. But one thing I must say, the Kwons kids are really all well-brought up. Despite their sadness, they are able to hide it in a professional way as they talked to the guests and reminisce the past of Harabeoji. Yuri unnie will still broke down occasionally. However, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun Oppa were totally.... amazing... There were times that they even lend a shoulder to their relatives and friends who wept over Harabeoji's death. The five day wake quickly passed by and it was the cremation day.

 

 

"I want to go..." Halmeoni groaned as she got out of the bed, coughing.

 

"Ahhh.. Halmeoni... Be a good lady please? You're sick... Dr. Ha says that you need to rest more..." Seung Hyun Oppa tried to stop her from getting out of her bed.

 

"Yah! I want to send old man for the last of his journey! I don't care!"  Halmeoni still insisted on getting up.

 

"Araso araso... Halmeoni... Let me help you get washed up alrights?" I walked over to helped Halmeoni up.

 

"Yoona..." Seung Hyun Oppa looked at me with disagreeing face.

 

"Oppa, since Halmeoni wants to send Harabeoji off, we got to respect her decision. If we don't, she would still find means to get out of the house... That will even be more dangerous... Why not let just take her with us? At least we can take care of her along the way..." I tried to convince Seung Hyun Oppa.

 

"But...."

 

"Yeahs.. I think Yoona is right. Halmeoni, come on... Let's help you get dressed up..." Yuri Unnie walked over to help me.

 

"Gomawoyo Unnie~" I smiled at her.

 

"Ahhh. I was thinking of that too. But just that I wouldn't dare to tell Oppa. He can be quite a fierce guy. So, thank god for you~" She winked at me and smiled.

 

---- 

 

"Come Halmeoni... Slowly...." I watched as Yul and Yoona helped Halmeoni down the stairs. I sighed and quickly went forward.

 

"Come... I will help her into the car first..." I went forward to take Halmeoni by the arm and helped her slowly out of the door. "Ji Yong ah. Appa and Umma are waiting for us at the cremation centre already. Make it quick alrights. I'll meet you there." I turned to Ji Yong and told him to settle the remaining trivial matters before joining us there. "Yul, are you taking the same car as us?"

 

"Er...Araso... I'll go along with you. Yoona ah, are you coming along?"

 

"Er.... I think I'll stay here with him and make sure things are done. We'll make our own way there later." I was surprised that Yoona would actually stayed behind with Ji Yong. Looks like their relationship can still be salvaged.

 

"Araso. Join us as soon as possible ok? See you guys later~" I bid them goodbye and left with Halmeoni and Yul.

 

"Neh~"

 

 

----

 

"So, what are we going to do now?" I looked at her and asked.

 

"Yah. You're the second young master of the house, shouldn't you know what you are suppose to do? I only stayed behind to help you out." She pouted at me. Boy, why does she look so cute.

 

"Yah. That's the point. You're suppose to help me out. So, what are we going to do now?" I smirked at her.

 

"Aishh~ Chinjia!" She groaned. "Er... I think we should packed the house for alittle, checking if there is anything left behind that is needed in the ceremony..." She explained.

 

"That's what I'm planning to do~ So, let's get started." I used her idea as mine.

 

"Yah! Chinjia! Such a spoilt brat!" She pouted again and followed behind me. I smiled at her expressions. I didn't know why, I just love agitating her. It was as though I was some kid, trying to gain attention from others.

 

-----

 

"Alrights... I'm done... Are you ready to go?" She descended from the stairs after washing up and came down to join me.

 

 

Oh. My. God. How could someone be so stunning even if she is just wearing a simple black dress? This girl, is just so scary. She really isn't any simple girl.

 

 

 

"Yah. Yah! What are you staring at!?" One demerit point. She is just too violent. She hit my arms to snap me out of my thoughts.

 

"Ya...Yah! What am I staring at! I'm not staring at you!" I become flustered, thinking that I was caught.

 

"Chinjia! I didn't even say you are staring at me!" She shouted back at me.

 

"Aishh~ Whatever. Let's go. You took so long to wash up. Chinjia. Girls~" I ruffled my hair and walk away quickly before embarrassment sets in.

 

"What a weird guy... Yah Yah! Wait for me!"

 

-----

 

Hence, after a short bickering session, Yoona and Ji Yong made their way to the cremation centre where all the relatives and friends are already there to send Old Mr Kwon off for his last journey. Old Mrs Kwon was sitting in the front seat, a face of serenity. She wasn't crying nor weeping. She was putting on a smile. She knows her husband would definitely want her to be like that.

 

 

"Old man ah.... Do not go around flirting when you are there ok.. Don't think that you can cheat on me when I wasn't looking. Take care of yourself and wear lots of clothes... It will be cold there I guess...." Old Mrs Kwon stood up feebly and walked towards to see Old Mr Kwon for the last time.

 

"Harabeoji...." Yuri started crying and was lying on Seung Hyun's shoulder.

 

"Harabeoji... I will remember whatever that you had said.... I will forever be a Kwon... Kwon Seung Hyun... Like you always called me..." Seung hyun hugged Yuri tightly as he take a last look of his grandfather.

 

"Harabeoji...." Yoona too, went over to take a last look of Old Mr Kwon. She held back her tears. Despite only spending a month or so with him, Yoona had developed kinship with Old Mr Kwon already. She really treated him like her own grandfather and she knows that Old Mr Kwon loved and adored her like she was his grandaughter. This, cause her to be even more depressed at the thought of losing him.

 

"Yah. If you want to cry, then cry it out. Stop acting strong cause you aren't. You look so ugly now." Ji Yong told Yoona upon seeing her face all scrunched up.

 

"Chinjia. Can't you say some nicer words? Where on earth does a guy comforts his Fiancée like that." Yoona pouted and whispered irritatedly to Ji Yong, fearing that others will overheard their conversation.

 

"Aishh~ Just keep quiet will you. Chinjia." Ji Yong then stretched his hand out to push Yoona's head onto his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

 

 

This really did keep Yoona quiet. Tears started to fall down as she stood beside with Ji Yong to look at Old Mr Kwon for one last time. Ji Yong sighed and rubbed her shoulder to soothe her.

 

 

"Harabeoji... I promise I will be good to her...." Ji Yong pledged it in his heart as he continue to look at his grandfather, with Yoona standing beside him, crying in his arms.

 

----

 

It was almost time for Harabeoji to be cremated... Everyone came to see him for one last time or to pay the last respect for him. When everyone had settled down in their seats, there was a person who slowly strolled it. It was a woman... Around my age I guess? All eyes were on her. Even me. She looked really stunning. She was wearing a full black dress and was putting on a sunglasses. She stopped in front of Harabeoji's altar, took out her sunglasses and gave a bow, showing her respect for Harabeoji. Who is she? How does Harabeoji know such a pretty, young lady? Don't tell me she is some young mistress that Harabeoji kept outside alrights. Like some drama serials. But that can't be. As much as Harabeoji loves to play around, his heart totally belongs to Halmeoni. I tilted my head and saw that other Kwon family were shocked to see her too. Especially Seung Hyun Oppa. It was Yuri unnie that stepped forward first.

 

 

"O....Omo... Fany unnie! What brings you back here?!!" She went forward and gave her a hug.

 

"Heys Yul... I miss you so much...I'm so sorry to hear this..." She hugged her back and sighed. "Ji Yong..." She broke away from the hug and walked towards us.

 

"Heys, Fany~" Oh. I just realised that I was still resting my head on Ji Yong's shoulder and linking arms with him. I quickly broke away, allowing him to hug the girl. Compared to Yuri unnie, Ji Yong doesn't seemed really excited to see her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter