Repentance

Typical Married Life Of A Rich Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 3am in the morning as I laid on the floor, still couldn't fall asleep. Guilt washed over all my whole body. But now, worries took over. I take a look at the clock again. It was already 3am. Where on earth could she be? Base on her character, she can't be returning to her own house because she would most probably don't want to alert anybody else yet. And if she really did go back home, her brother would have long ago came to our mansion and demand an explaination. But somehow, I rather hoped that she had returned back to her home. At least I would know that she is safe, and not roaming about in the streets in the middle of the night. There could be lots of drunkards and erts along the streets at this hour. I looked at the clock again. Damn it. It's only 3.05 am. Why is every minute seems like a torture to me? I, Kwon Ji Yong, had never ever felt this way before. Except the time when Hyung was nearly killed because of me. Could I had carried too far just now... I should have apologized instead of snapping back at her... Aishh~ I couldn't wait anymore. I think it might be better for me to go out and look for her. It is dangerous for a young girl to be roaming around the streets alone in the middle of the night. And whatsmore, she is so pretty and innocent-looking. A perfect target for those erts. Just as I wanted to get up, I heard the sound of doorknob opening. I immediately laid back down, pretending to be asleep.

 

----- 

 

I took a look at the clock as I sneaked back into the bedroom. It was already 3.10am. I can't believe I actually stayed out till so late in the streets. Thank god for Seung Hyun Oppa. He actually accompanied me till that late. He must be tired out from all those works in the day but he still made an effort in accompanying me, refusing to leave me alone in the night. Totally unlike Kwon Ji Yong. Right. Speaking about that guy. He is actually asleep already! How could he still be soundly asleep when he broke my precious thing!? That idiot. I switched on the bedside lamp and looked at the floor, spotting a body laying on the floor, sleeping soundly. But then again, he could had sleep on the bed, but he didn't.. But still, I'm not going to forgive him just because he did that. He did far more evil things to be forgiven just like that. I looked at the floor where the shards were supposed to be. They are gone now. Forever. I don't even have the remains of it. I sighed. I shrugged off the negative thoughts for now and laid back down to the bed tiredly. I'm too tired out to think of anything already.

 

---- 

 

I waited for awhile to see if there was any stirrings for her. After sensing that the coast was clear, I opened my eyes and glanced up at her. She was already fast asleep. I guess she must be really tired out. I took a closer look at her. Her eyes were puffy. It must be the aftermath of crying. And out of no reason, my hearts aches upon seeing her puffy eyes. And even her brows are furrowed as she is asleep. She must be experiencing some bad dreams. Maybe, she is dreaming of me. Because, it seems like I'm the one whom she hates most. My brows furrowed just like hers as well. I stretched my finger out towards her head unknowningly and pressed the furrowed part down. She stirred abit but did not open her eyes. I sighed in relief. Then, it hit on me. I need to do something about it. I laid back down onto the floor and stretched out for my phone. I dialled a number.

  

 

----

 

It took a long while for the other person to pick up the call.

 

 

"Yubbosaeyo?" That person finally answered the phone as he yawned and replied sleepily.

 

"Seungri ah!" Ji Yong let out a loud whisper.

 

"Eh? H...Hyung! It's freaking.... 3.30am now!! Why are you calling me in the middle of the night?!!" Seungri looked at the clock beside his bed and groaned.

 

"Yah! Stop the groaning. I need you help." Ji Yong tried to keep his volume down as he spoke to Seungri.

 

"Mwuh?" Seungri yawned again as he listened to Ji Yong's request half-heartedly.

 

----

 

I guess I must be really tired out yesterday. I woke up today morning with no one else in the room. I stretched myself out tiredly and took a look at the clock. Omo! It's 11am already!! Even though it is a Saturday, indicating I have no school, but I still need to go to the company to familiarize with the operations there. I quickly got up from bed and washed up, making my way downstairs.

 

 

"O...Oppa..." I descended down from the stairs hurriedly. Omo. There was no one at the dining table. Except for Seung Hyun Oppa.

 

"Ahhh...Morning Yoong~ Did you have a good sleep yesterday?" Seung Hyun Oppa flashed me a smile.

 

"Omo! Oppa! Am I really late? Where is the others? Harabeoji, Halmeoni, Appa, Umma must be so disappointed in me!!" I panicked. It's only the third day and I'm already not present for breakfast.

 

"Ahhh.. Calm down Yoong~ Take a seat first. Everything is fine~" Seung Hyun Oppa chuckled.

 

"Kamsahaminda~" I thanked Aunty Lee politely as she brought in the breakfast for me as I settled down. "Where is Harabeoji?" I continued to ask Seung Hyun Oppa.

 

"Appa and Umma insist him to go for a full body check up. So, Halmeoni tagged along too." Seung Hyun Oppa answered as he cut a slice of ham and put it in his mouth. "And seriously, don't panic. Everything is fine. It's normal to wake up at 11am on weekends."

 

"Mwuh? 11am is FINE!?" I nearly spit out the milk that I had drank.

 

"Er... Yeahs. As you can see, my dear sister, Kwon Yuri is still in her dreamland. If she were to wake up at 11am during weekends, it will be counted as miracle already. And besides, I just wake up too. It has been a while since I last slept in till so late." Seung Hyun Oppa laughed.

 

"Eh? Mianhae... It must be because of last night I dragged you out till so late.." I felt guilty. 

 

"Ahhh. Anniyo. To tell you the truth, I always want to find some excuse to be a little late for work, but then again, I can't. This is a good reason for me to escape." Seung Hyun Oppa leaned in nearer to me and whispered to me.

 

"Chinjia!? Ha!" I burst out laughing.

 

"Yah Yah. Do you always laugh like that?" Seung Hyun Oppa teases as he pointed to my mouth. I always and had been laughing with my mouth wide open. And Umma had been nagging at me because a civilised lady should never do that. It's a taboo.

 

"Opps. Mianhae!" I immediately blushed and closed my mouth.

 

"Ahhh. Anniyo~ I like that laugh. Very hearty. You're indeed a special girl." Seung Hyun Oppa smiled at me.

 

"Ahhh. Kamsahaminda..." I bowed my head. Then I looked around.

 

"Ji Yong had gone out early in the morning already. I have no idea why is he up so early on a Saturday. That's like another miracle." Seung Hyun Oppa seems to have read my mind and told me.

 

"Eh? Anniyo. Who says I was looking for him." I immediately denied and ate my breakfast.

 

"Araso araso. You aren't. I just feel like letting you know~" Seung Hyun Oppa chuckled and continue eating his breakfast. "Oh right. How about your doll? Maybe you can tell me how does it look like? Then, I can help you find one? Or make one exactly the same. I know of a friend who is really good at making such glass ornaments." He offered.

 

"Eh? Er... You can't find the doll anywhere already. There is only one in the whole world. That's why it's unqiue. Anniyo, I had already bring you enough trouble. It's alrights, Oppa." I declined his help.

 

"Chinjia? But that doll seems really important to you..."

 

"Neh... It is important. But I'm sure Khun Oppa will forgive me. He always dotes me alot. So, that shouldn't be a problem. It was his gift to me. Come on Oppa. We are already running late! Let's finish our breakfast quickly and go to the company!" I quickly diverted his attention.

 

"Wow. You're so eager to learn?" He smiled. 

 

"Er...Neh!"

 

-----

 

"Wow. Hyung! You're so late today!" The moment we stepped into Seung Hyun Oppa's office, I heard that irritating voice. He was sitting on the sofa, crossing his legs and with the same old smirk on his face. Pshhhh~

 

"Wow. Am I seeing things? Today is a Saturday. SATURDAY. Kwon Ji Yong appearing in the office on a Saturday afternoon. Is the sun rising from the west today?" Seung Hyun Oppa joked.

 

"Yah! Hyung~!" Kwon Ji Yong pouted. Nice one, Oppa! "Oh... You're here too..." His tone of voice seems to have changed when he saw me. He sounded a little guilty... A little afraid of me.

 

"Oppa, let's get started shall we? There must be lots of things for me to learn still right?" I ignored him and turned to face Oppa. I wasn't prepared to talk to him yet.

 

"Oh.. Araso..." Seung Hyun Oppa seems to know what was I thinking. "Ji Yong ah. Why don't you go meet Mr Kim at 2PM later? Since I got to teach Yoona somethings too. I'm sure you're able to clinch the deal anyway. You always have a way."

 

"Oh... Chinjia? Araso. I will go then. Since I'm not welcome here anyway. See you tonight, Hyung~" He sighed and got up. Wow. This is weird. He actually did not criticised me nor quarrel with me. Today must be a day for miracles to happen.

 

"Annyeong~" Seung Hyun Oppa bid him goodbye. Before he left, I saw him turning back to glance at me, but I just looked away, pretending that I was busy with some stuffs. I'm still angry over the fact that he broke my precious doll. So, yeahs. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him sighing. I wonder if my eyes are playing a trick on me or not.

 

---- 

 

"Oppa...." Yoona called out.

 

"Eh?" 

 

"Er.... Do you think I had gone a little too far...." She stuttered.

 

"Eh?"

 

"Oppa! You know what I meant!" She pouted.

 

"Oh... THAT... Well, It's a little mean..." I could see her face fell. "BUT, he deserves some cold shoulder anyway." I smiled. She is so cute.

 

"Chinjia? So I'm not too petty right?" She lighted up.

 

"Neh... He deserves it. Who tell him to break your precious doll and not apologising but instead snapped at you." Mianhae Ji Yong. That's the only way I can ease her.

 

"Yeahs! Awww... Oppa! I thought I had went a little too overboard!" Yoona heaved a sigh of relief. 

 

"Anniyo~ You're not. So, shall we begin now?"

 

"Ahhh. Neh!" She flashed her bright smile again.

 

----

 

For the next one week or so, Yoona totally did not communicate with Ji Yong at all. Not even a hi or anything. Simply because Yoona is still waiting for his apology but stubborn Ji Yong just refused to let down his pride to say it out even though he had actually done alot to retone his guilt already. Yoona, being a smart girl, had picked up rather quickly with the company operations and with just one week, she is able to handle some simple calls and documents without the help of anyone. She had been balancing both work and school pretty well. Hence, Old Mr Kwon had allowed her to take a day off from the learning. To either see her family or have an outing with her friends.

 

 

"Oppa!" Yoona cried excitedly over the phone.

 

"Eh? Yoong!!" Khun was also elated.

 

"Oppa! Are you free today? I have a day off. I want to see you!"

 

"Sure! Well, Jamkanmanyo...." Nichkhun fumbled over the phone as he flipped over the papers, making lots of sounds. Yoona laughed at her brother over the phone. He is still that messy as ever. "Ahhh. Back!" After much noise, Nichkhun gets back onto the phone. "Well, there is an appointment with Mr Lee this afternoon. After signing the contract with him, I will be able to go and find you. Is it fine with you?"

 

"Ahhh. Neh! And Oppa! Have you been packing your stuffs?" Yoona laughed.

 

"Er... Of course!" Nichkhun lied.

 

"As if! I can hear those 'messy' sounds~ I told you to be tidy already! If not you are going to lose many...."

 

"Yah Yah. Araso Naggy Sister~ You're already married and still so naggy as ever~ Beware. Later Ji Yong dumped you." Nichkhun joked.

 

"Yah! I'm engaged. Not married." Yoona corrected her brother. She still doesn't like the idea of people saying that she is married. "And besides, he can't dump me. I'm too precious to him already." Ever since last week's incident, even though Yoona had brought up the calling off of the marriage in a fit of anger, Ji Yong didn't bring it up at all. So Yoona thinks that things should remain at it is now. At least he wasn't disturbing her anymore.

 

"Chinjia? Phew... I thought you are having a hard time there. I was so worried about you. Luckily, you two seems to get along pretty well."

 

"Ahhh. We shall see about that... Oppa! Enough of talking already. Go get busy with your work! See you later!" Yoona replied brightly.

 

"Neh~ See you later, my princess~" Nichkhun smiled and hung up the phone.

 

----

 

"Oppa! It's so good to see you!" I ran over to hug Oppa the moment I was informed that he had arrived.

 

"Ahhh. Pabo! It's has only been like a week plus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter