The Past.

Typical Married Life Of A Rich Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Hyun's POV

"Seung Hyun ah. Khun here. Are you free now? Care to come out for a coffee?"

 

"Eh? Ne-Neh... Where are you?"

 

"The cafe near your office."

 

"Araso. See you in a bit." 

 

"Neh."

 

That's weird... Why would Khun suddenly ask me out for a coffee? Did something happen in just one day?

 

-----

 

"Seung Hyun. Here!" Nichkhun saw Seung Hyun at the door of the cafe and waved his hand, trying to catch his attention. Seung Hyun nodded and returned with a smile, walking towards Nichkhun. "Cappuccino for you?" Nichkhun asked Seung Hyun.

 

"Er... A warm latte will do." Seung Hyun smiled, ordering the drink himself. "So, what's wrong, Khun? Did something happen? I guess beside asking me out for a coffee, there's something else right?" Seung Hyun asked Nichkhun as the waiter went off to make his order.

 

"Uhm.. That's Choi Seung Hyun for you. A smart person. Since you're so straightforward, I won't beat around the bush too. Yeahs. Asking you out for a coffee is only an excuse. The real main purpose was to tell you something." Nichkhun answered honestly too.

 

"Ahh. What is it?" Seung Hyun became interested. That was the first time Nichkhun had ever talked to him in private. "Is it about Yoona?"

 

"Though I'm still a little worried about that sister of mine, however, this time round, it's not about her. Or should I say partly." Nichkhun paused briefly as the waiter came around again, bringing Seung Hyun his latte.

 

"Kamsahaminda..." Seung Hyun gave the waiter a nod and after they were once again left alone, they continued with the conversation. "Partly? So, what is it about actually?"

 

"It's about Fany..."

 

------

 

I swear I had stopped breathing when I heard her name. Thousand of thoughts came to my mind. Did she met a mishape? Was she doing fine? What could possibly happen to her in one day?

 

"Wow. Wow. Chill Seung Hyun. She is absolutely fine." Khun chuckled, trying to calm me down. Was my expression that easy to read?

 

"A-Anniyo." I blinked and gave him an awkward smile.

 

"Actually, I knew you before I even met you..."

 

"Ahhh. I guess so. Kwon Cooperation is always on news. So, yeahs. It's within my prediction..."

 

"Anniyo. That's Kwon Seung Hyun. The person I know is Choi Seung Hyun..."

 

"Mwuh? I-I don't get what you mean, Khun..."

 

"What I'm saying is that, I know you way before I first met you during the meetup to discuss about Yoona's marriage."

 

"Mwuh? I don't remember meeting you elsewhere before that..."

 

"Yeahs. We didn't see each other at all. But I heard alot about you..."

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"I heard alot about you from Fany... Seung Hyun ah. I think you have the right to know about something..."

 

 

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

 

"Yubbosaeyo?"

 

"Tiffany-sshi..."

 

"Oh... Mrs Kwon. Neh..."

 

"Sorry for calling you at such an hour.. If you are convenient, do you mind coming down for a moment? I'm at the cafe which is at your house downstairs actually..."

 

"Gwenchanayo... Neh. I'll be down in a minute. See you..."Tiffany hung down the phone with a puzzled look on her face. Why would Seung Hyun's mum want to meet her at such an hour. Would Seung Hyun be there too?

 

-----

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo Mr and Mrs Kwon..." Tiffany dressed herself up and went to the cafe that Mrs Kwon had decided to meet her.

 

"Do take a seat, Tiffany-sshi..." Mrs Kwon motioned Tiffany to sit down and spoke up when she saw Tiffany's face. "Er... Seung Hyun is not here with us. He doesn't know that we came to find you.."

 

"Oh.. Kamsahaminda..." Tiffany bowed politely and sat down in front of the couple. "Sorry for being rude.. But may I know why you wanna see me?" Tiffany played with her fingers under the table nervously.

 

"Can I call you Fany?"Mrs Kwon asked.

 

"Oh.. Neh..." Tiffany nodded and wondered what was the couple up to seriously. Could Seung Hyun have met some mishape?

 

"Fany ah... Aunty has a request from you.. A really big request..." Suddenly, Mrs Kwon held Tiffany's hand tightly, looking at her with teary eyes.

 

"Omo. Anniyo. Don't be like that Aunty Kwon... Please say it... I would do my best to fulfill it."

 

"Jebal... Please... Please break up with Seung Hyun...." Mrs Kwon looked into her eyes and begged.

 

"M-Mwuh? Did-Did we have some misunderstanding between us, Aunty? Wh-Why are you asking me to br-break up with Seung Hyun Oppa?" Tiffany was shocked. She couldn't believed her ears.

 

"Annniyo. You're really good. But... But it's just that... You and Seung Hyun aren't meant to be...." Mrs Kwon tried to explain herself but was choked with tears.

 

"Did Seung Hyun Oppa know about this? Was he the one who.. who wanted this break up?" Tiffany felt her world began to crumble down. This couldn't be happening to her.

 

"Anniyo. He is clueless about this... I don't want to break his heart..."

 

"Then why are you coming here? Since you know that it will break his heart?" She had always thought that Seung Hyun's parents were understanding and they weren't like the normal royalties, objecting their kids from dating girls who don''t have the royal blood like they do. But it looked like this had proved her wrong.

 

"Tiffany-sshi. We, as Seung Hyun's parents, just want the best for him..."

 

"If you wanted the best for him, why would you still come here? You know that his heart would break. We truly love each other. Breaking us apart would only tear your son apart."

 

"Anniyo. He would only be upset for a few days. You guys are just having some puppy love. It wouldn't hurt him that deeply."

 

"Mwuh? PUPPY LOVE? You guys think that we're just playing around?!!" Tiffany could contain her anger no longer.

 

"Tiffany-sshi, please do understand me. You and Seung Hyun came from different part of the world afterall... In our world, fame and status means everything. So, it's only right that you leave... Didn't you receive a scholarship to study in America?"

 

"MWUH? So what we came from different part of the world?!! Didn't you guys always say it doesn't matter as long as we are in love? Why are you all doing all these things now?!!" Suddenly, realisation hit on Tiffany. "Jemkanmanyo. How-How do you know that I've gotten the scholarship to study in America? Did Oppa tell you? How...."

 

"Like I say. Status means everything. Do you really think that you could get the scholarship all by your ability? Your opponent's parents are of high status. Do you think they wouldn't bribe the judges? If without our help, do you really think you would obtain this scholarship so easily? Young lady, please don't be naive." Mr Kwon smirked, trying to mock at Tiffany.

 

"Y-You BRIBED the judges?!!" Tiffany couldn't believed her ears. All these while, the Mr Kwon, whom she had always respected and looked up highly to, was such a person. She was overwhelmed. "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!!" She cried.

 

"It's for your own good. In this way, you can pursue your dream, and Seung Hyun could lead a better life. It's a win-win solution."

 

"I wasn't planning on breaking up with him. We truly love each other. I'm going to turn down the offer." Only then, Tiffany realized that she was on the brink of tears. She bit her lips hard, stopping tears from rolling down.

 

"Fair enough. Yobo, we had done what we could but Tiffany-sshi doesn't appreciate it. So, let's just stick to our own way." Mr Kwon told his wife.

 

"Fany ah... Aunty is begging you now... Please... Please let go off Seung Hyun... I don't want to see him getting hurt..." Mrs Kwon looked at Tiffany, eyes filled with tears and held her hands tightly.

 

"A-Aunty Kwon... It's hurting me too... Why are you guys so-so selfish... I...I really don't want to break up with him..."

 

"If you don't do so, you both still can't be together... His Appa would hurt him... He would be hurting more than this now..." Mrs Kwon sighed.

 

"W-What are you... you all going to do-do to him?!!" Tiffany cried out.

 

"I would just tear you both apart. I would even lock Seung Hyun in the room if I have to. If that's the only way to break you both apart. I would rather let him suffer then to let you both be together. Don't make me do that Tiffany-sshi." Mr Kwon became serious.

 

"Mu-Must you all really be like that? Is there no other ways out? Aunty Kwon, could-could you really bearto see Seung Hyun Oppa suffer?" It was Tiffany's turn to hold on to Mrs Kwon's hand, begging her.

 

"Fany ah... This is not something I can decide... You don't want to see Seung Hyun destroying his future because of you right?" Mrs Kwon sighed and removed her hand coldly away from Tiffany's. "That's the best we can offer Fany...Please take it..."

 

 

Tiffany was lost for words. She knew that she had to let go. It was all for Seung Hyun's sake. Going to America to study fashion had always been her dream. But she didn't know that that would be the cost of her losing Seung Hyun. But if she didn't accept this offer, Seung Hyun would suffer. Lots of things came through her mind. He would suffer more than a heartbreak from breaking up with her. He would have to suffer hardship with her. Something that he had never experience before. Would they really overcome that? Was their love that strong? Would Seung Hyun blamed her after that for making the decision for him? Would she able to live in a life without Seung Hyun by her side? There were lots and lots of uncertainties.

 

 

"Wh-When do... do I have to do... do this..." Her mind was made up.

 

"As soon as possible. You should get ready everything first too. Since this is not a short-term thing. And you're going America. If there is any help we could offer, please feel free to come to us... And once again, you made the right decision, Tiffany-sshi. I'm sure you would find a better guy than Seung Hyun and yo would lead a better life there..." Mr Kwon nodded his head in approval. "We hope that you don't tell him this though. But if you want to, you could go ahead. Seung Hyun had always been a fillial son. I'm sure he would understand."

 

 

Tiffany just stood up, took a bow and left the cafe, tears streaming down. She didn't know if whatever she had done was correct or wrong. But deep down in her heart, she knew that she would never be able to give up on Seung Hyun. She really love him deeply...

 

-----

 

Soon, the day that Tiffany left for America arrived. Before she left for the airport, she decided to visit Seung Hyun for just one last time. In the end, she didn't get the courage. Instead, she had passed the gift for Seung Hyun to his maid, passing the message to him. She made her way to the airport alone, teary eyes. She didn't expect Seung Hyun to come. But deep down, she really hoped he would turn up. To ask her not to go to America. To ask her to stay by his side. But Seung Hyun never did turn up... And hence, she left Seoul, with a broken heart, and a hope to start everything anew in America...

 

 

Days passed as Tiffany stayed in America. Seung Hyun was devastated. As Tiffany devoted her time into studying, Seung Hyun spent his time in tears, crying for his lost love. He became so thin and haggard. Every now and then, Tiffany would take out the picture she took with Seung Hyun and could stare at it for hours, reminiscing about the past. It took Seung Hyun awhile for him to accept the fact that Tiffany was gone. Was out of his life. With the help of Ji Yong and his other friends, he managed to pick himself up and devoted his time into work and nothing else.  

 

 

Tiffany too, adjusted slowly and began to accept her fate. For awhile, she was vengeful. She hated Seung Hyun's parents for separating Seung Hyun and her. She hated Seung Hyun for not looking for her even at the very last minute where she had hoped that he would appear. She hated everything. And most importantly, she hated herself. The selfish her. She left Seung Hyun for her dream. Letting him live a better life was just a stupid excuse from her to make herself feel better. Hence, for quite awhile, Tiffany lived her life in decadence. Her scholarship was almost taken away because of that. Her life only became better when she met Nichkhun by chance or by fate.

 

 

"Ouch! Watch where you're going!" Tiffany groaned as someone bumped into her. It was just like any other usual days. A bad hangover from partying too hard the previous night.

 

"Sorry! I'm so sorry..." The person quickly bend down to pick up the books for her and handed her. He caught sight of her Student card and picked it up for her, handing it back to her. "I'm so sorry, Stephanie-sshi..."

 

"How do you know my name?" Tiffany looked at him with wide eyes.

 

"Well, your ID says so? Sorry. I picked it up and happened to have a glance at it." If it weren't for the fact that he looked handsome, Tiffany would have gave him a slap on the face for looking at her stuff without her permission.

 

"Oh..."

 

"Are you by any chance a Korean too?"

 

"And how do you know that?" Tiffany began to get interested about this guy.

 

"Well, a smart guess? Stephanie Hwang Mi Young... Sounds like a Korean name to me... So, am I right?" The guy flashed her a warm smile. And for the first time ever since she came to America, Tiffany felt a lurch at her heart.

 

"Hey. Is that your method to flirt with girls? It's a little lousy you know." Tiffany said nonchalantly as she flicked her hair cooly to the side.

 

"Oh no. I have absolutely no intention of flirting with you. Even though, I must admit that, you're one of a kind." The guy held his hands up in defeat and chuckled.

 

"Well, I always knew that I'm one of a kind~" Tiffany laughed at his reaction. Perhaps, there was no harm in making friends with this guy. He seemed to be a good person.

 

"Then I'm just reminding you~ Nichkhun Horvejkul Im. You can call me Khun too. Nice to meet you, Stephanie." The guy smiled and extended his arm out.

 

"Did I ask for your name?" Tiffany tried to act all cool but couldn't help but smile when she saw Nichkhun's bewildered expression. "So, am I suppose to do a proper introduction as well?"

 

"Well, it would be good if you could do that." Nichkhun shrugged. "But if you wanna give off a mysterious vibe, then let's just stop at here~"

 

"Ha! You're such an interesting guy, aren't you?" This once again caused Tiffany to crack up and hit Nichkhun on his arm lightly. "Stephanie Hwang. But call me Tiffany will do~"

 

"Oh.. I too, think that Tiffany suits you better. Nice to meet you, Tiffany-sshi. In case you don't know, I speak Korean too. I grew up in Korea." Nichkhun flashed his famous wink at her.

 

"Nice to meet you too. Nichkhun-sshi..." Tiffany took his hand and shook it. And so, a new friendship/relationship was formed.

 

------

 

Did the heaven finally decided to treat Tiffany better or was it pure coincidence, Tiffany and Nichkhun hit off well. Tiffany was influenced by Nichkhun's cheerful personality and finally picked herself up to continue with her studies. They started going out soon after Nichkhun confessed to her. At that point of time,Tiffany didn't give much a thought about their relationship. She felt that since both of them had feelings for each other, it shouldn't be a problem. Seung Hyun could have most probably moved on, or even gotten married with some other rich girls. She felt comfortable with Nichkhun around her and saw Seung Hyun in him. She thought the relationship will last. But that was all a thought afterall. She didn't realized that until Nichkhun break the news to her. The news that changed her life. At that point of time, Tiffany had made it big in the fashion industry and well Nichkhun, a handsome and capable business man. All of their American friends and clients all had the same opinions of them being the most matching pair. 

 

 

"Fany ah. I had just received a call from my Appa in Korea. He wants me back in Korea to help him out in the business." Nichkh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter