The Power Of Brotherhood

Typical Married Life Of A Rich Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

''Umma, what is it? Which family girl do I have to date now?'' Ji Yong smirked.

 

''Yah Ji Yong ah! Stop being so rude.'' Seung Hyun gave a punch on Ji Yong's arm. ''What is it, Umma, Appa?''

 

''Yah! Kwon Ji Yong! You should learn from your Hyung! Stop being so rude. Well, take a seat first.'' Mr Kwon settled them down.

 

''Appa, if it's about Oppas' blind dates, why am I being called in too?'' Yuri spoke tiredly as she yawned. ''I want my beauty sleep~''

 

''Yah, Kwon Yuri. It's already afternoon already! Stop being a pig! You aren't really pretty. You need not so much beauty sleep~'' Ji Yong smirked.

 

''Yah! Kwon Ji Yong! Must you always pick up a fight with me?!'' Yuri got frustrated and threw the cushion towards Ji Yong who laughed as he caught it perfectly. ''Aishh~ Chinjia. You always catch it.'' She pouted. 

 

''Of course~ I'm being trained since young, wilful princess~'' He smirked.

 

''Yah yah! Stop quarrelling. Appa, what is it? I have an appoinment at 2pm with Mr Kim from the Kim's botique shop later.'' Seung Hyun spoke up, interupting their conversation.

 

''Well~ I already cancelled that for you. Because, you have a more important thing to do.'' Mr Kwon replied as he clean his glasses.

 

''Mwuh? I'm free today. And besides, I had arranged with him for so long already. He is very hard to meet up, Appa.'' Seung Hyun said in shock.

 

''Oh~ No worries. I will go in your place. I know fully well of this project. You just concentrate on your date.'' Mr Kwon replied non-chalantly.

 

''Eh? Date? Another blind date again? With who?'' Seung Hyun asked. He was used to blind dates already. However, this is the first time that his parents had arranged dates for him without letting him know beforehand.

 

''Well, Seung Hyun ah. Actually, this isn't a blind date...'' Mrs Kwon spoke slowly.

 

''Then? Umma, don't tell me it's marriage. Congratulations Hyung~'' Ji Yong joked.

 

''Er....Neh... It's a marriage...'' Mrs Kwon said apologetically.

 

''Muwh?!!'' The three kids shouted in horror.

 

''Umma! Are you serious?!! Why are you asking Oppa to marry at such a young age?!! Blind date is already scary enough!'' Yuri protested for her brother's sake.

 

''Yeah! Umma! Blind dates are alrights. But marriage?!! We are still SO young!!'' Ji Yong backed Yuri.

 

 

Actually, both of them knows that Seung Hyun couldn't forget about his ex-girlfriend and still loves her alot. They know that this marriage is a big no-no for him. 

 

 

''Aishh~ We don't have a choice too... This is a marriage.....'' Mrs Kwon sighed.

 

''Don't tell me it's a marriage being set up by harabeoji when we were young or something alrights. It's so drama, Umma. Don't lie to us.'' Ji Yong interrupted his mum.

 

''Gosh. Precisely. It's the truth. Your harabeoji had promised his friend that their grandson or grandaughter will get married to each other's grandaughter or grandson. I know it's old-fashion and dramatic, but this is nothing but the truth.'' Mrs Kwon sighed.

 

''But..But why the sudden?!! I mean, why didn't you all say it out when we were young?! And if this marriage was set way early, why do you all still put Oppa into blind dates!?'' Yuri pouted. She was feeling sorry for her elder brother.

 

''Aishhh~ Yul, because, we only found out recently. You know your harabeoji and halmeoni are travelling all around the world. And only yesterday, did he contact us through webcam and tell us about this. Apparently, he had forgotten about this and just recalled it. He says, no matter what, this promise must be kept. He already informed the girl's family. He is coming back this week. You know how your harabeoji is like.'' Mr Kwon explained to his sweetheart.

 

''Umma, who is this girl? Do we know her?'' Ji Yong asked.

 

''Er... Her name is Im Yoona....'' His mum trailed off.

 

''Mwuh? Who's that?!! Oh wait... I think I know already... Don't tell me she is the daugther of the Im cooperation.. The cooperation that is on the verge of bankruptcy ok. It can't be that unlucky.'' Ji Yong asked. 

 

''Well, apparently, yes....''

 

''Mwuh?!! YOU ARE ASKING HYUNG TO MARRY A GIRL WHOSE FAMILY IS GOING BANKRUPT?!! UMMA! WHERE THE HELL DID YOUR SO-CALLED PRINCIPLES GONE TO?!!'' Ji Yong shouted.

 

''Yah! KWON JI YONG! DON'T YOU DARE TO SCREAM AT ME ALRIGHTS! And besides, you weren't the one getting married. Why are the both of you shouting so much?!! Seung Hyun didn't even say anything.'' Mrs Kwon scolded Ji Yong.

 

''That's because he is simply too upset. Hyung! Come on! Say something!'' Ji Yong shook Seung Hyun's arms.

 

 

Seung Hyun didn't reply. The fact is, he didn't know how to reply. He is getting married? And he is getting married to a girl who he haven't even met before. What is he going to do? He can't rebel against his parents' orders. He had never done that and never will. All these while, despite him not being their real son, they had all along treated him as their own, giving him the best care and family warmth that he had lacked. He would never had been brought up so well without them. He owed his life to them.

 

 

''Appa, is there really nothing else we could do?'' Yuri got up, holding her father's hand, pleading him. 

 

''Aishh~ Sweetheart, if there is a choice, we won't do that. It is precisely because her family is facing trouble, that harabeoji had insisted that we keep this promise. Her harabeoji had helped your harabeoji during his worse moments and so, he won't let this chance slip pass him for him to repay the kindness. This is the perfect timing. Actually, he didn't specifically state that it must be eldest son. He just say grandson or grandaughter. Their family has a son too. So, we wanna discuss with you three.. About who to get married...'' Mr Kwon hugged his daughter and sighed.

 

''Mwuh?! There...There is a son?!! Appa...Then...Then I guess I....'' Yuri was shocked but then, she had decided. She wouldn't sacrifice her brother. She knows her brother still loves his ex-girlfriend alot. He shouldn't be controlled like that. And she had been wilfull enough throughout these years but all these while, it is always her two oppas who helped her. As much as they argue frequently, she knows that they are the ones that doted her the most.

 

''Appa, where is the place? What time?'' Suddenly, Seung Hyun spoke up, interrupting Yuri's sentence.

 

''Mwuh? Seung Hyun ah. Are you sure? We still can discuss you know...'' Mr Kwon was taken aback by Seung Hyun's fast decision.

 

''Anniyo~ I think it's perfectly fine with me. It's time for me to settle down already, isn't it?'' Seung Hyun forced a smile to their parents. He wouldn't want to let his sister sacrifice for him. He knows Yuri's personality. She even refuse to go to blind dates, let alone arranged marriages. Asking her to marry someone she doesn't love will kill her. And he wasn't going to let her do that. Ji Yong? That guy is even worse. It will not be him who will get hurt, but the girl who will get hurt. He is going to torture her till she dies. And he won't allow that because this means chaos in the house.

 

''Hyung! Why are you doing this?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter