The Sky Is NOT The Limit

The Man In My Dreams

 

“Where are we going really?” Hana asked L. Joe as they went to his car.

L. Joe was just responding to her questions with wide smile and shrugs.

Hana looked at him suspiciously. She knows that he is planning something.

But the worst part is that she is dying to know what his plan is. She wants to know badly!!!!

L. Joe was just smiling all the way through.

The truth is, he is thinking of a way to make her feel loved.

First, they never started okay. They were enemies to begin with.

“You are new here?” She asked.

The guy looked at her. “Isn’t it obvious?” He asked.

Hana raged at his answer. *Arrogant.* She thought. “Well, it’s just that you look familiar. I think I’ve seen you somewhere.” She said.

The guy smirked. “Of course you would say that. A lot of girls want to be with me. And I think you are one of them.” He said cockily.

“What?!” Hana yelled is anger. “Tch. Jerk.” She whispered as she continued walking. “I wish you would get lost inside this school.” She mumbled as she went back to her room.

Then, with L. Joe knowing that she is his dream girl. And Hana without a clue that the person she has been looking all her life is right here in front of her.

L. Joe must have noticed that she is looking at him. He looked at her. “Why? Admiring my handsome face already?” He asked conceitedly.

Hana scoffed. “Yeah, like I would.” She said as she focused on her own book.

L. Joe just smiled. He was more than happy now that he can talk to his dream girl now. He stared at her face. *It’s the same. It’s really her.* He thought as he laid his head on his left hand and stared at Hana.

Then, L. Joe becoming part of Teen Top boys who are Hana’s friends as well.

“Awww! So you are new here? We can be friends!!! I know you don’t have any friends yet.” Niel beamed.

L. Joe smiled. “Really?” He asked in disbelief. *Why are the guys here so kind-hearted?* He thought.

The Teen Top guys looked at their leader.

CAP nodded. “Yeah, sure. We’d love to have someone in addition.” He said.

Then they were partners in homework. Hana almost killed herself for that.

“Kim Hana…” Ms. Lee said as Hana perked up and waited for her partner. “Uhm… And…” Ms. Lee prolonged Hana’s agony of waiting as she looked up on her class list. “Ah! Kim Hana and Lee Byunghun.” She said.

Hana’s eyes widened. “What?!” She stood up from her seat and asked Ms. Lee unconsciously.

Ms. Lee looked at her. “Is there a problem, Kim Hana?” She asked.

Hana was brought back to her senses and shook her head. “No. Nothing, Ms. Lee.” She said as she took her seat beside L. Joe.

She looked at L. Joe who is smirking at her. She rolled her eyes.

L. Joe had a fair share of jealousy as well.

“Hey, what is wrong with you?” Hana pouted as she still tried to talk to L. Joe.

However, L. Joe still kept on ignoring her. And yes, it is getting to Hana’s nerve.

L. Joe sighed as he rested his chin on his palm, looking at the birds chirping outside the window. Then he noticed that Hana had stopped bothering him. He glanced at her. She is doing something.

L. Joe rolled his eyes. *Look at this girl! She doesn’t even know that I am jealous?!* He screamed in his mind. *Wait till I get over this feeling, Kim Hana!* He threatened in his mind.

There was that time when Hana was so over that ‘dream guy’ and she was shocked to hear L. Joe’s confession and she pushed him away.

“Hana. I’m sorry.” He muttered, looking at her eyes. “Sorry. But I love you. Ever since day 1, I love you.” He admitted.

Hana widened her eyes. “Day 1?” She asked getting shocked minute per minute.

L. Joe nodded. “I have loved you. I swear to God. I love you so much.” He explained, making Hana sigh.

Hana shook her head. “Sorry, L. Joe.” She said. “Sorry. I couldn’t accept your love.” She said as she stood up and left L. Joe watching her run away from him.

Then they got closer…

L. Joe cocked his head. “Come on. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right?” He beamed.

Hana chuckled at his ‘joke’. “Not a way to joke around, L. Joe.” She spat before getting one slice and shoving it to .

L. Joe smiled and shrugged.

Hana was touched at how L. Joe had helped her out and watched over her for almost 5 hours.

She had been awake by 5PM and it is already 10PM now.

She looked at L. Joe who was typing furiously at his phone. “It’s late. I think you should go now.” She said. “Mom will be here soon.” She added.

L. Joe looked at her not hearing what she said. “What?” He asked as he stood up to walk to her.

Hana rolled her eyes. “I said it’s late. Go home now.” She repeated.

L. Joe looked at the clock. “It’s just 10.” He replied.

Hana narrowed her eyes on him. “Don’t try to be a hero, L. Joe. Go home now. You still have class tomorrow.” She said.

L. Joe looked at her and sighed as he saw seriousness in her face. “Alright.” He said in defeat. “I’ll just come back tomorrow.” He added.

Hana nodded. “Alright.” She said. “Take care.” She continued.

L. Joe nodded and took his bag. “See you around, Hana.” He smiled before he left.

Then, farther away…

Nana and Mina sighed. “You just agreed to be his girlfriend!” They chorused.

Hana’s eyes widened. “WHAT!!!!?”

And there goes L. Joe who saw everything.

Hana looked at him. He is really hurt.

She stood up to explain everything.

Too late.

L. Joe started running.

*WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?!!!!*

And farther…

“HYUNG!!!!” Ricky screamed shaking Hana back to reality.

She looked at the door and saw L. Joe walking in. Suddenly, her world was bright again.

L. Joe walked to his seat immediately. Cold aura is in the air.

No kidding. Hana could feel L. Joe’s coldness just by being beside her.

“Where have you been yesterday, hyung?” Niel asked.

L. Joe smiled a fake one. “I was drenched in the rain so I decided to go home.” He replied, trying to sound cool.

Teen Top looked at him and smiled even though they know that he is faking it.

Hana was watching L. Joe reading his notes. L. Joe must have noticed her watching him. He looked at her. “Oh, Kim Hana.” He spoke.

Hana was shocked to hear him talking to her again.

L. Joe smiled. “Congratulations on you and JB. May you last long together.” He said as he looked at his notes again. *May I last long watching you together too.*

And farther…

CAP smiled and nodded. “Yeah. We were supposed to have fun.” He said. With a hidden meaning with his words.

JB nodded. “Ooooh. So do we.” He said as he wrapped his arm around you. “We are on a date.” He said.

Hana looked at L. Joe and saw his face darkened. She knows it. L. Joe wants to punch JB in the face right now.

“Oh.” L. Joe said. Hana and Teen Top were surprised to hear him talk.

“Well, enjoy your date.” He said as he walked ahead.

Teen Top followed him immediately while Hana looked t him in disbelief. She is hurt at how L. Joe is acting right now but she can’t blame him for being rude. She was the one who made him like this.

JB blinked at L. Joe’s attitude. “What the hell is his problem?” He asked.

Hana sighed and shut her eyes. *Me.* She thought as she answered JB’s question.

“Maybe he’s in a bad mood.” JB said as he led Hana to the video games area.

Hana nodded and sighed.

*Sorry, L. Joe.*

And farther…

“Are you really mad at me?” She asked, not in the right mind.

L. Joe smiled sadly and weakly. “You don’t know what you are talking about don’t you?” He asked. “I just congratulated you and JB. I wished you luck and happiness. Why are you thinking that I am mad at you?” He asked back.

Hana sighed. “You don’t have to wish us luck, though.” She said. “It’s not like I need it.” She replied.

L. Joe looked at her and smiled. “Okay. If that’s what you want.” He said as he stood up and prepared to walk away.

Hana breathed hard and shut her eyes. “Wait.” She said.

L. Joe stopped. “What? I said I am not doing the project today.” He replied.

Hana looked at him. “I’m sorry okay. Can we just get over it and be like we were before?” She asked. She is desperate. She wants L. Joe back in her life.

She wants him back to her.

L. Joe stopped and looked into her eyes. “I’m afraid I can’t do that, Kim Hana.” He said.

“Why?” Hana asked.

L. Joe looked at her. “I can’t. I just can’t. Isn’t it enough that you and JB are happy now? Why do you still need me?” He asked.

Hana looked at him. “Because I miss the old you. The old us.” She replied.

L. Joe scoffed. “There was no US, Hana. US never happened.” He said. “And please don’t tell me you are sorry because you don’t have to. You love him and not me so, I guess that doesn’t need an apology.” He added as he turned his back, holding back his tears.

Hana shut her eyes. “I thought you said you love me!” She beamed.

L. Joe stopped. “Exactly.” He said with his back her. “I can’t be close to you anymore because I am afraid my feelings would grow fonder without receiving some love in return.” He said.

Hana stared at his back.

“And Kim Hana,” He said. “I am tired of everything. I am giving up on you, my dream girl.”

---

Hana stared at him in disbelief. “you really think I wanted to step on your feelings?” She asked.

L. Joe scoffed. “I never thought about it that way, Hana.” He replied.

“Then what? Why are you avoiding me?” She asked as she bawled again.

L. Joe stared at her crying and it is breaking him into pieces. “What do you really want me to do, Hana? I am mad at everything that happened. I can’t accept a single thing. You are with him. He is with you. Don’t you think that’s much of a torture to me already? Do I really need to still be with you?” He asked as he watched Hana cry.

“I am not numb, Hana. I am hurt. More than you know.” He added.

Hana looked at L. Joe. “Then let me know! I will choose you!” She screamed at L. Joe’s face.

L. Joe looked at her in disbelief. “I am not letting you choose. You can’t torture your heart. And worst, you cannot tell your heart who to love.” He said.

Hana looked away. “I did not tell my heart who to love. But what can I do? I am hurt when you are not around. I am hurt when you ignore me. I am hurt when you talk to someone else.” She cried.

L. Joe softened. He wanted to be strong in front of her but seeing her like this, he just couldn’t get himself strong enough. It breaks him so well.

“What am I to you?” He asked her.

Hana looked at him. What would she reply to him?

L. Joe looked into her eyes. “See? Your feelings are not clear, Hana. I can’t be with you. Just be happy with him.” He said as he turned his back on her. “Good bye.” He said for the last time.

But then, fate must be crazy. It brought them together once more.

“Lee Byunghun…”

L. Joe stopped in his tracks. He was waiting for what Hana will say.

And believe me, he felt like he was dying when he heard her say,

“My dream guy.”

---

“And now you are telling me you love me? Telling me that you get why I am not responding? Telling me that you know exactly what I am feeling now?” He asked.

“Trust me. You don’t know how happy I am now. You don’t know how my heart beats over 200 now. I don’t even think it is possible. But with you, I don’t believe in impossible things.” He said. “Don’t tell me you get and understand what I am thinking now because I myself don’t even know.” He said as he leaned and kissed her passionately.

Hana’s eyes widened in shock. She wasn’t expecting to get a kiss from L. Joe now. After what he said, she thought he would let her go. She thought her feelings would go to waste now.

 “I love you, Kim Hana. Don’t ever forget that.” L. Joe said cupping her face as he pecked her lips once more.

Hana smiled and nodded. Indeed this is the day she had been waiting for.

“I love you, Lee Byunghun.” She replied in all honesty.

L. Joe smiled. “Let’s let go of all the bad things that happened okay? Start anew.” He said.

Hana nodded. “Forget everything and face everything happily together.” She replied.

Even if the odds are against them, they still went through everything together.

The fan girls automatically motioned to attack Hana but L. Joe was fast enough to stand before the tons of girls.

“WAIT! WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO MY GIRLFRIEND!?” L. Joe scowled at all the girls in front of him.

Hana hid behind really nervous and scared about the girls. This is that one thing she had been thinking and now, yeah. A lot of girls are against her relationship with L. Joe.

“WHAT? NO! SHE IS JB OPPA’S GIRLFRIEND!!!!” The girls roared at them.

L. Joe looked at them in disbelief. He glanced at the Teen Top boys asking for help.

“HEY GIRLS! STOP IT!”

CAP was manly to stop the girls. Yes, he wasn’t the leader for nothing right?

The girls stopped attacking but are still talking foul words about Hana. It is like Hana had done something that violated the whole human race.

Yes, that was how the girls reacted.

Perhaps, they are really diehard fans of JB.

Hana was on the verge of crying as she hid behind L. Joe, holding his hand.

L. Joe noticed that and squeezed her hand. “Don’t worry, Hana. As I said, I am here. I will protect you from whatever and whoever.” He promised.

---

“YOUR PRECIOUS OPPA TRIED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER AND NOW YOU ARE ASKING WHY SHE WENT TO ME INSTEAD?! YOU ARE MAD THAT SHE BROKE UP WITH JAEBUM? YOU ARE SAYING THAT SHE HIT THE BOTH OF US?” L. Joe has lost it. He was angry like a wolf.

“Get your ing facts right, es.” He said as he let go of Haeri’s hand. And the girl immediately ran to her friends while everyone was still shocked about what L. Joe had said.

L. Joe looked at everyone who watched him rage. “NOW YOU KNOW MY CAPABILITY, GET YOUR GLARING EYES OFF MY GIRL. OR YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO YOU.” He threatened everyone in the cafeteria.

But in the end, true love prevailed.

“Hana-ssi, we are very sorry that we pushed you on the stairs. We were wrong. We are very sorry to call you names and judge you without knowing what really happened. We hope you will be happy with L. Joe oppa now. We will support you. We hope we could be friends. – Haeri & friends”

---

JB sighed and nodded. “Fine. As long as you said you understand.” He smiled. “I know I did something wrong and because of that, you can’t accept my apology that fast. I know. And I will always respect your decision.” He continued.

Hana nodded. “Thanks.” She replied not knowing what the right answer could be.

JB nodded and smiled hesitantly. “See you around, Hana.” He said as he looked at L. Joe. “You too, Byunghun.” He added.

---

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They really experienced the means and extremes of a relationship. But what matters most is that they went through everything together and they survived.

Hana looked at L. Joe as he pulled over the sea.

L. Joe went over her side and opened her door for her with wide smiles. “Come down, my princess.” He said.

Hana smiled took his hand, not having a clue on where they would go to.

L. Joe glanced at her. “Curious?” He asked.

Hana nodded. “But I guess, we will swim?” She guessed.

L. Joe chuckled. “You really thought of that?” He asked laughing.

Hana chuckled. “Yup. I can see the beach, that’s why.” She replied wittily.

L. Joe nodded. “One point.” He mused as he stopped making Hana’s eyes widen in shock.

“OH MY GOSH.” Hana beamed as she cupped in disbelief.

Right on the sand, there were white rose petals forming a heart shape.

And inside that heart is a table for two.

Hana looked at L. Joe with tears threatening to fall off her eyes. “You did this?” She asked.

L. Joe shrugged. “Who else do you think?” He asked.

Hana smiled and immediately hugged L. Joe tight.

This guy.

She would never find someone like him. She would never find a guy like him in this world.

“Thanks.” She said, already crying.

L. Joe caressed her back, chuckling.

Oh, Kim Hana, this isn’t all.

“Hey,” L. Joe said. “Look at that!” He said as Hana looked up to the direction L. Joe was pointing and was astounded to see a kite with a sign saying, “THE SKY IS NOT EVEN THE LIMIT FOR THE LOVE I HAVE FOR YOU, MY DREAM GIRL.”

Hana was wowed by the kite and didn’t notice L. Joe beside her who is on his knees now.

“Kim Hana,” L. Joe spoke.

Hana looked his way and was shocked to see him in this position.

THE PROPOSAL POSITION.

“Byunghun, what-“

“I just thought of a decent way to propose to you.” He replied even before she could finish her sentence. “I believe that we didn’t actually start that good.”

“We started bad. Really bad.” Hana said.

L. Joe chuckled and nodded. “We did, huh?” He said. “But I savored all the moments I was with you. Bad or good. As long as you are there, it’s positive for me.” He said mushily.

Hana smiled, touched, on the things L. Joe is saying.

L. Joe breathed hard. “The truth is, I am not contented on how I confessed to you. I wanted this to be memorable to you, to me, to us.” He started. “That’s why, right now, I’m starting all over again.” He continued.

Hana watched him do what he planned to do.

“Hana, we have been through a lot of things together. We fought. We laughed. We cried. We both got hurt. But I want you to know that no matter what we may go through, I will always be here for you. Because I love you. I love you more than my life.” He said making Hana tear up again.

And the thing is, he is holding his tears back as well.

“So, Kim Hana, again, will you be my girl forever and ever?” He asked as he held out a bouquet of Roses.

Hana smiled as she wiped the tears in her face. Feeling so touched, she bent and moved face to face with L. Joe.

“I love you, you know that.” She said. “And I hate to see you holding your tears back.” She added. “It’s okay to cry, Lee Byunghun.” She said as she wiped his tears. “I am so glad to have found the man I was looking for my whole life through. And I am not going to let you go, no matter what.” She said as she took the flowers and gave him a light peck.

L. Joe smiled. This happiness. This feeling.

They both stood up and faced each other.

Just the way they look at each other’s face, everything seems to be so obvious.

THEY ARE IN LOVE.

And one thing is for sure…

THEY ARE EACH OTHER’S DREAM.

L. Joe smiled and cupped her face. “I love you, my dream girl.” He said passionately.

Hana smiled and nodded. “I love you too, my dream guy.” She replied as they shared the most passionate kiss on land.

THAT KISS THAT SPOKE ALL THE FEELINGS THEY HAVE FOR EACH OTHER.